Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 04:47 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re not really gonna feign outrage, are you?

Did African Americans get mad about what Biden said? Were we outraged?
Not that I've heard. Outrage is usually quite selective, but surely you don't speak for all black people.

Now if Trump had said it......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 04:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Some black people don't like their reign as largest minority group challenged apparently.
SMH...is that so? Because after being black for 55 years and being deeply ensconced in the black community, I’ve never once heard that brought up as a topic. In fact, I wouldn’t care if the black percentage was surpassed by every group in this country only to leave us as the smallest group in the United States.

Who is the largest minority is meaningless. Being the largest group all those years didn’t amount to a hill of beans. We never got a damn thing out of it except for perpetual contempt from people who seemingly think we’re bigger and more powerful than what we are and have ever been. Not that I mind the contempt and hatred, but it should at least be based on our real position in America.

In any case, I’ll be in my barbershop this Saturday as usual, and everyone there is black from front to back. I’ll see if anyone so much as mentions how terrible it is that we aren’t the largest minority group. I’ll mail you a G if it’s brought up.

Don’t count on having that G to spend though.

Old 09-24-2020, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Not that I've heard. Outrage is usually quite selective, but surely you don't speak for all black people.

Now if Trump had said it......
I speak for more blacks than you. You can’t speak for a single one.

Again, we’ll choose the time and topic for outrage. We don’t need non blacks to feign outrage in our stead. We’re fully capable of doing it ourselves when we see fit.

“If Trump had said it?” If folks in hell had cold water to drink, they’d be more comfortable. If, if, if.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:02 AM

Quote:
SMH...is that so? Because after being black for 55 years and being deeply ensconced in the black community, I’ve never once heard that brought up as a topic. In fact, I wouldn’t care if the black percentage was surpassed by every group in this country only to leave us as the smallest group in the United States.

Who is the largest minority is meaningless. Being the largest group all those years didn’t amount to a hill of beans. We never got a damn thing out of it except for perpetual contempt from people who seemingly think we’re bigger and more powerful than what we are and have ever been. Not that I mind the contempt and hatred, but it should at least be based on our real position in America.

In any case, I’ll be in my barbershop this Saturday as usual, and everyone there is black from front to back. I’ll see if anyone so much as mentions how terrible it is that we aren’t the largest minority group. I’ll mail you a G if it’s brought up.

Don’t count on having that G to spend though.
Unlike your good self, I don't pretend to speak for whole groups, hence I used the word "some". One of the "some" would be the OP. That's why the topic was started, fear of slipping down a peg in the oppression olympics.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
I speak for more blacks than you. You can’t speak for a single one.

Again, we’ll choose the time and topic for outrage. We don’t need non blacks to feign outrage in our stead. We’re fully capable of doing it ourselves when we see fit.

“If Trump has said it?” If folks in hell had cold water to drink, they’d be more comfortable. If, if, if.
Well if Trump did say it, we don't even need to take a guess at how you would respond.

You sure like to think you speak for everyone although you only speak for yourself, and oh, I'm not feigning outrage. I'm not outraged in the slightest. People voting against their own interest is a matter for them.

But when it comes to Biden and his racism toward you, it does make me chuckle that you and so many others can ignore it.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Unlike your good self, I don't pretend to speak for whole groups, hence I used the word "some". One of the "some" would be the OP. That's why the topic was started, fear of slipping down a peg in the oppression olympics.
I’m not in the oppression Olympic business. So that’s between you and the OP.

In any case, I never suggested that you claimed to speak for a whole group. Even if you did claim to do so, that’s none of my business. I’m not a member of your group, so it’s not for me to say whether or not you speak for the group you belong to. None of my concern.

I speak from the black perspective of the black folks I know, or at least the overwhelming majority. I have taken the temperature of my people, and I have a good idea where we stand on the issues in majority numbers. Of course, you’re free to insist that I don’t speak for all blacks, but what you’re REALLY saying is that you HOPE LIKE HELL that I don’t speak for most blacks because you strongly disagree with what I’m asserting.

Still, at the end of the day, I never said I spoke for all blacks anyway. That’s conjecture on your part. But regardless, one thing is inarguable...I speak for more blacks than you do just by speaking for my own opinion. You can’t even do that, so you’re not really in any position to challenge my assertions regarding black folks...not that being unqualified to challenge me will stop you from doing so. Well, on a website at least.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
I’m not in the oppression Olympic business. So that’s between you and the OP.

In any case, I never suggested that you claimed to speak for a whole group. Even if you did claim to do so, that’s none of my business. I’m not a member of your group, so it’s not for me to say whether or not you speak for the group you belong to. None of my concern.

I speak from the black perspective of the black folks I know, or at least the overwhelming majority. I have taken the temperature of my people, and I have a good idea where we stand on the issues in majority numbers. Of course, you’re free to insist that I don’t speak for all blacks, but what you’re REALLY saying is that you HOPE LIKE HELL that I don’t speak for most blacks because you strongly disagree with what I’m asserting.

Still, at the end of the day, I never said I spoke for all blacks anyway. That’s conjecture on your part. But regardless, one thing is inarguable...I speak for more blacks than you do just by speaking for my own opinion. You can’t even do that, so you’re not really in any position to challenge my assertions regarding black folks...not that being unqualified to challenge me will stop you from doing so. Well, on a website at least.
Haha, the keyboard warrior is never far away.

But you don't speak for any other black people, and I know that many think like you. I don't even disagree with what you are saying. But again, the reason why the topic came up, is because some black people don't want to lose a place in the oppression olympics.

Just read what is said instead of thinking you are King of the Black community and the toughest guy on the internet.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Well if Trump did say it, we don't even need to take a guess at how you would respond.

You sure like to think you speak for everyone although you only speak for yourself, and oh, I'm not feigning outrage. I'm not outraged in the slightest. People voting against their own interest is a matter for them.

But when it comes to Biden and his racism toward you, it does make me chuckle that you and so many others can ignore it.
Meh...I speak for more blacks than you though. Again, why waste time arguing the inarguable? That’s a bonafide fact. Just let that go.

If you’re not outraged about what Biden said, then let it go. If you want anti black slights or events to get outraged about, I’ll give you a list. But you won’t be outraged about any of that stuff. You wanna pick the scab on the issue that fits your agenda even though few blacks will give it the time of day.

Biden’s racism against me? You now care about racism against blacks? That disturbs you all of a sudden? I ignore it, and that makes you chuckle? LMAO!! Really now? Now for some reason, you WANT blacks to complain about racism, huh? Just make sure to do it when YOU pick the issue to get outraged about. Any other time, we’re whiners, complainers and malcontents. But it’s okay as long as YOU get to be the marionette controller.

You folks are hella condescending and paternalistic. But again, we’ll pick the issue to be outraged about. You’ve got enough on your plate already and you don’t have the time or resources to be worried about our feelings. Believe me.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Haha, the keyboard warrior is never far away.

But you don't speak for any other black people, and I know that many think like you. I don't even disagree with what you are saying. But again, the reason why the topic came up, is because some black people don't want to lose a place in the oppression olympics.

Just read what is said instead of thinking you are King of the Black community and the toughest guy on the internet.
“Some black people”

Who? Give me some names.

And I wasn’t being a “keyboard warrior.” My point is that we wouldn’t have this conversation in person because I don’t discuss black issues with non blacks in person. I barely do it on the Internet. If you were to bring it up in an in-person conversation, I’d cut you off immediately and tell you to get back in pocket. Then we’d move on to something else. I wouldn’t entertain it for 2 seconds before I’d cut that topic off.

All my non black friends know not to go there with me.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
“Some black people”

Who? Give me some names.

And I wasn’t being a “keyboard warrior.” My point is that we wouldn’t have this conversation in person because I don’t discuss black issues with non blacks in person. I barely do it on the Internet. If you were to bring it up in an in-person conversation, I’d cut you off immediately and tell you to get back in pocket. Then we’d move on to something else. I wouldn’t entertain it for 2 seconds before I’d cut that topic off.

All my non black friends know not to go there with me.
Hey if you think Tritone is the only one, it doesn't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies