Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 02:19 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The most that will ever happen there is that some legit restrictions will be placed on them, ie: abortion for any reason up until birth will not be a thing.
It is not a thing. Who's using scare tactics now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 02:20 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I worked there for six months and the doctor had three patients on whom he performed multiple procedures in that time. One of them had #5 and #6 in that time period.

Go ahead and call me a liar, if you have the nerve.
Ill call it a statistical anomaly.

Published statistics state: We found that 45% of patients reported having one or more prior abortions.

Age is the biggest risk factor for having had a prior abortion; the longer a woman has been alive, the longer she is at risk of unintended pregnancy.

But yeah I should believe you that lots of women are having 5,6,10 30 abortions instead of actual recorded data and the experience of all other medical professionals.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:21 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Okay. You win.
You mean the facts win. ok.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ill call it a statistical anomaly.

Published statistics state: We found that 45% of patients reported having one or more prior abortions.

Age is the biggest risk factor for having had a prior abortion; the longer a woman has been alive, the longer she is at risk of unintended pregnancy.

But yeah I should believe you that lots of women are having 5,6,10 30 abortions instead of actual recorded data and the experience of all other medical professionals.

I knew you didn't have the......... uh................ courage.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:25 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
That's no woman; that's a girl.

There is a big difference. Candace Cameron Bure is a woman. Debra Messing is a girl.
See how that works?

Old 09-24-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's no woman; that's a girl.

There is a big difference. Candace Cameron Bure is a woman. Debra Messing is a girl.
See how that works?

Mandatory tubal ligation. (at least)

Old 09-24-2020, 02:27 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Free hysterectomies for all on demand? Seems that'd about "fix it".
Doesn't have to be that severe. Sterilization is an option, and there are some modern BC devices that are put inside the body for a time to prevent pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Catholic anti-abortion people are usually against the death penalty.

I oppose the death penalty but support early abortion. I also support eugenics.
Eugenics. Yeah, so does Bill Gates and his associates.

Quote:
I'd go for that. If a woman isn't smart enough to use birth control, I think a hysterectomy needs to be mandatory.
Are less invasive and final choices, but abortion requires no thought before action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
There are many childless couples who would LOVE to adopt an unwanted baby! And pay the mother's birth expenses!

"Beam me up, Scotty" makes me sick to my stomach!!
Yes, many couples wait to adopt for years, even children with Down syndrome and other genetic issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I fail to understand why women continue to need abortions when so much birth control, day after pills, etc. are available.
Drugged sex. Drunk sex. "If he gets me pregnant, he'll marry me sex" (which I think accounts for some late term abortions since they hold out hope), and abortion is a one time thought. Seriously, in my parent's day, birth control options were very limited, and my parent's like most of the time era were having only 2 or 3 kids over a wide span of years. Of course, they weren't out having drunk/drugged sex with strangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
You guys are going to love all the new taxes needed to pay for the healthcare education, and welfare of the millions of additional kids an abortion ban would create.
If they are adopted, the adoptive parents will have those expenses. Keep in mind the birth rate is down, and the Dems are saying we need illegal aliens to continue to exist.

Quote:
Potential human life.
Yeah, I don't agree with potential. And, taking away the humanity of the pre-born has made it more palatable for those who choose to end the life of their baby. A baby desired is a baby. A baby not desired is a clump of tissue.

Quote:
Ask a couple who really want to have children about their "potential" child.

There is no one answer to this. If you are entitled to your opinions, so are we.

Enough said.
If they call it a child or baby, that would hurt the billion dollar industry.

Quote:
Okay. You win.
Sad when destruction of life is a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I guess that explains why there are no children in foster care like, at all. Oh, wait - there is. Tens of thousands. Looking for adoptive homes. But they tend to be, y'know - imperfect.
Actually, that isn't true. Many of those children are not available for adoption, since the states feel that reunification should be the goal. We tried for 3 years to adopt school age special needs children, and gave up when a 4 week old infant with Down syndrome became available (https://www.ndsan.org/) and adopted him from a facilitator/private agency. Later, in another state, we tried to adopt, calling and tracking the children in newspapers and TV as "available". Most do not return calls, and discourage families from adopting them. It comes down to work count for the state workers all too often, and some foster parents get too fond of the payments as we saw 2 different children, when we inquired, become "permanent" foster children as the foster parents did not want to adopt, but did not want to give them up. It is called "the adoption maze". With foreign adoptions almost non-existent, there are many waiting to adopt a child, and yes, even those you might consider "imperfect".

Quote:
I agree but its rare people us abortion as BC. Abortion is used when BC fails.
I only knew 2 people that got them, and it was not because of BC failed, but failure to use BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Do pro-life people have funerals for miscarried babies? Do they name their fetuses or push for the issuance of "life" certificates to fetuses? Do they push for administrative changes like including miscarriages and abortions in official death statistics? It doesn't seem that the pro-life crowd has thought through all of the ramifications of treating a fetus like a person who's been born as the same. It's sort of surprising considering there are a plethora of sharp thinkers in the "pro-life" camp.
As a child, I was at a funeral for a miscarried baby, my cousin's daughter. I remember it like it was yesterday as the coffin was open. She was dressed in a beautiful christening outfit. The baby was very small and sort of doll-like. I have also seen women whose suffered a still birth, which isn't a very pleasant thing to see. These women lost their "babies". Again, a parent that desires a child sees it as a "baby", and those that don't want "it" consider it a clump of cells in order to feel better about what they are doing. If anyone has known someone who was desperate for a child................

Quote:
Don't tell me this. I used to work for a doctor who performed abortions. Women DO use abortion as birth control. I assisted in their "procedures". I did all the history before each one. I know this.
One of the friends that I had that got an abortion said she didn't want it, but her mother pressured her into it. The OB/GYN said at least she wasn't using it like birth control like so many others. My friend said that every time she went by the school, she wondered which one of those little girls her lost child would have looked like.

https://www.umassmed.edu/news/news-a...oose-abortion/

"Barriers to contraception play a major role. Among women with unintended pregnancies, 54 percent were using no birth control. Another 41 percent were inconsistently using birth control at the time of conception."

Babies given no chance at life.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

If they call it a child or baby, that would hurt the billion dollar industry.

Sad when destruction of life is a win.

I only knew 2 people that got them, and it was not because of BC failed, but failure to use BC.

One of the friends that I had that got an abortion said she didn't want it, but her mother pressured her into it. The OB/GYN said at least she wasn't using it like birth control like so many others. My friend said that every time she went by the school, she wondered which one of those little girls her lost child would have looked like.

Babies given no chance at life.

Sad and tragic. And all because irresponsible sex is a Constitutionally protected right. (Isn't it?)

Old 09-24-2020, 02:34 PM

490 posts, read 152,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The anti-abortion movement is not about people placing a value on human life. If so, they would care more about the unnecessary Covid deaths. They would abhor the death penalty.

It is about religious zealots who want to control the behavior of everyone else in the country. Haven't seen many of them volunteer to take unwanted children, pay for pre-natal care nor care about the life of children after they are born.

Instead they lecture others on behavior, bark orders and call people names like degenerates.Did not hear many 'pro-lifers' speak up when the Kurds were left to die at the hands of Erdogan. Odd.
I am not a religious zealot, in fact I don't believe in God. I am against abortion, but not for making it illegal. I believe killing unborn children is morally disgusting. However, making it illegal will only lead to an underground system, putting desperate women's health in danger.

With that said, it takes two people to create a baby. Men should have a say in this process. And spare the women's health BS. If it was solely about women's health many, many more children would be born.

And I know several couples that are religious who have adopted. So if you don't know any then maybe your circle of friends and acquaintances needs to be expanded?

As for the bold, that is comedy gold coming from someone with left leaning views. The thought police on the left do this daily. In fact I am convinced the majority of those that are destined to be sheep and who cannot deal with opposing thoughts, have gone from the religious zealots of the past to the far left of now. Different generations same type of people.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va-mainah View Post
I am not a religious zealot, in fact I don't believe in God. I am against abortion, but not for making it illegal. I believe killing unborn children is morally disgusting. However, making it illegal will only lead to an underground system, putting desperate women's health in danger.

With that said, it takes two people to create a baby. Men should have a say in this process. And spare the women's health BS. If it was solely about women's health many, many more children would be born.

And I know several couples that are religious who have adopted. So if you don't know any then maybe your circle of friends and acquaintances needs to be expanded?

As for the bold, that is comedy gold coming from someone with left leaning views. The thought police on the left do this daily. In fact I am convinced that those that are destined to be sheep and who cannot deal with opposing thoughts, have gone from the religious zealots of the past to the far left of now. Different generations same type of people.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies