Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 07:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times

Advertisements

Trump faced with same problems of Mob Rule that Pres. Lincoln in 1838 addressed, it’s a path from anarchy to tyranny

When the account is read of what Lincoln had to confront in 1838 it sounds little different from today !!!

Whatever Trump does once reelected he must confront and put down Mob Rule and cement it in a tomb for the country to survive !!!

Is Trump up to the task ? Is Trump the Lincoln of our times ? It would seem so !!!

Commentary: Mob rule threatens free society | The Daily World
https://www.thedailyworld.com/opinio...-free-society/

This is mob rule, pure and simple, and it’s what our system is devolving into in cities around the country; it’s a path from anarchy to tyranny.

Lincoln denounced mob rule as a young man in his famed Lyceum Address to citizens of Springfield, Illinois, in 1838. It’s a dire warning for us today.

Americans had inherited from the founding generation “a system of political institutions, conducing more essentially to the ends of civil and religious liberty, than any of which the history of former times tells us.”

That was true in Lincoln’s time and it’s true in ours.

Lincoln then famously said to his countrymen that America, even in that early stage of development — surely a far weaker international power than it is today — could not be conquered by foes from without. So what, Lincoln asked, could threaten such a country, from where will danger approach?

“I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide,” Lincoln said.

He then explained how he was now seeing an “ill omen” for his country’s future as “mob law” was exploding across America.

Lawless destruction and violence was becoming common. Americans had been targeted for violence, often for petty offenses (real or imagined), and sometimes for the color of their skin. But eventually lawless violence came to all, white and black, men and women, young and old.

Lincoln explained that if this general state of lawlessness is allowed to go on, where perpetrators who violate the law go unpunished and are generally unrestrained by the rightful authorities, it will create a chilling effect for law-abiding citizens who will lose faith in their government to protect them.

It is imperative for Americans, and especially our leaders, to heed these words of Lincoln and put a stop to the anarchy that threatens to submerge our constitutional system.

Last edited by phma; 09-24-2020 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 07:39 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
The Democrats were the problem then and they are the problem now. They have been stirring the mob and encouraging them to violence. The media is fully in bed with the Dems. The case of Brianna Taylor highlights this. The narrative is that white cops burst into her apartment and gunned her down. What really happened is different but that narrative is all the mob needs to know. They don't care about the rest of the story. They don't care about the facts. As I heard from a black protester on ABC news was "the police are committing genocide on us"... Genocide? Really?

The Democrats have an agenda and that is to transform America into something it was not founded to be. We are seeing the Lefty encouraged violence erupt as their attempt to blame Trump for it.

We have seen so many terrible things from the Democrats since 2016, their dirty politics, their constant attacks on Trump for everything he even thinks. So much for the peaceful transfer of power that they say is so important to our democracy....

The Dems have behaved so badly, I hate to think what they have planned for an encore if Trump should win again.

I hope he doesn't end up like Lincoln did.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:06 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Democrats were the problem then and they are the problem now. They have been stirring the mob and encouraging them to violence. The media is fully in bed with the Dems. The case of Brianna Taylor highlights this. The narrative is that white cops burst into her apartment and gunned her down. What really happened is different but that narrative is all the mob needs to know. They don't care about the rest of the story. They don't care about the facts. As I heard from a black protester on ABC news was "the police are committing genocide on us"... Genocide? Really?
They do like to accuse others of what they are doing !!! They have been very vocal about the need to do away with white people !!! CRT was designed with just that in mind !!!

Black people know about not getting along with their neighbors and genocide !!!
Genocide isn't just a European thing with the Holocaust !!!

Genocides in central Africa - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genoci...central_Africa

In the 20th century, ten million people were murdered in various remote parts of Central Africa. It was not a single genocide but a collection of ethnic wars which raged from Sudan, the Congo, through to Uganda and Rwanda.

Quote:
The Democrats have an agenda and that is to transform America into something it was not founded to be. We are seeing the Lefty encouraged violence erupt as their attempt to blame Trump for it.

We have seen so many terrible things from the Democrats since 2016, their dirty politics, their constant attacks on Trump for everything he even thinks. So much for the peaceful transfer of power that they say is so important to our democracy....

The Dems have behaved so badly, I hate to think what they have planned for an encore if Trump should win again.

I hope he doesn't end up like Lincoln did.
Someone may have called for Mob Rule prior to Maxine Waters but her statements caught my attention as the first public statement calling for Mob Rule !!! I wonder who was the Manine Waters in Lincoln's time ?

Rep. Waters on Trump administration: 'Tell them they're not ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCDe7vdFfw

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) encouraged supporters at a rally in Los Angeles June 23 to stand up to members of President Trump’s administration.

Last edited by phma; 09-24-2020 at 08:51 AM..

Old 09-24-2020, 09:25 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
[quote=phma;59238593]
Quote:

Someone may have called for Mob Rule prior to Maxine Waters but her statements caught my attention as the first public statement calling for Mob Rule !!! I wonder who was the Manine Waters in Lincoln's time ?

Rep. Waters on Trump administration: 'Tell them they're not ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCDe7vdFfw

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) encouraged supporters at a rally in Los Angeles June 23 to stand up to members of President Trump’s administration.

Yes, and now they are accusing Trump that he will not honor the peaceful transition of power that is so important to our democracy as Obama said.

The last 4 years has been anything but peaceful with the Deep State manipulating and spreading lies, the leaks of intel from all levels of government, the constant negative attacks on Trump from the media and how they downplay the positive to hype the negative (they did the opposite for Obama and will do the same for Biden) the protests and marches in the streets that have led to disruption and violence and even death.

The People have been manipulated into believing everything the Left feeds them and worse is they act out on it. For every 1 Right wing activist doing something stupid and illegal we have hundreds if not thousands of Left wing activists that are destroying public and private property and undermining the rule of law.

The Democrats have a lot to answer for but they will never be asked the questions because the media supports them. One has to wonder if what the Democrats have unleashed on us is now growing beyond their control? People seem to think that Biden has a magic wand to make everything happy again.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:29 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Tyranny usually requires a strongman type of leader.
They blame a group of people for the problems of the nation.
They say that lives will be better if these particular people didn’t exist.
They play into the fears of their followers, aswell as their prejudices.
Supremacy of military
Obsession with law and order
A narrative that the “enemy” is about to come get you.

That’s not coming from the left.

And here’s the funny thing. As much as you say that the left wants government to interfere with people’s lives, you come from the same crowd that tells women what to do with their bodies, fought against gay marriage and as much as they like to go on about states rights, and small government, they’re bigtime boot lickers. “Don’t tread on me, but tread on people I disagree with”.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:35 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Trump is a fascist and we are on the verge of right-wing tyranny.
Like a 3rd world dictator, he is doing everything he can to rig the election and cheat.
Trump tells his people to vote twice while going to partisan courts to throw out legitimate ballots.
He supports institutional racism that allows white cops to kill black people with impunity.
Trump is America's first fascist president.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:38 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Tyranny usually requires a strongman type of leader.
They blame a group of people for the problems of the nation.
They say that lives will be better if these particular people didn’t exist.
They play into the fears of their followers, aswell as their prejudices.
Supremacy of military
Obsession with law and order
A narrative that the “enemy” is about to come get you.

That’s not coming from the left.
BS !!! All that has be thrown at Trump in effort to vilify him and his supporters !!!

Quote:
And here’s the funny thing. As much as you say that the left wants government to interfere with people’s lives, you come from the same crowd that tells women what to do with their bodies, fought against gay marriage and as much as they like to go on about states rights, and small government, they’re bigtime boot lickers. “Don’t tread on me, but tread on people I disagree with”.
Blubbering to run up the score won't help you convince anyone !!!

How do you think any of that ^^^^^^ would play out in Lincoln's time ? Gay what ...........

Marxist democrats always want to apply todays standards to the past !!! I say, OK, fine, but its also reasonable to apply the standards of the past to today and see what is worth keeping and what isn't !!!

Gay marriage was approved by law and in the system we have !!! That doesn't mean people have to accept it in any other way !!! They still retain the right to believe the way they want !!!

If we keep it within the concept of Mob Rule, Mob Rule didn't win the day on Gay Marriage !!! The system with the rule of law did !!!
The very system the Marxist democrats want to destroy with Mob Rule !!!

Last edited by phma; 09-24-2020 at 10:08 AM..

Old 09-24-2020, 10:19 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
[quote=phma;59239424]Gay marriage was approved by law and in the system we have !!![quote]

It won't be for long once Trump appoints his Handmaid's Tale justice to the Supreme Court.
Right wing tyranny will prevent two people who love each from getting married. You call that freedom?

Old 09-24-2020, 10:33 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,541,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Democrats were the problem then and they are the problem now. They have been stirring the mob and encouraging them to violence.
It is the same people who have been stirring up crap forever.

And the worst part... the military industrial complex loves it because it is how wars are started.

Who pays the price? The everyday middle class.

There was a big anarchy movement before WWI, which started WWI and ended up in the cold war.

We have to smack these movements down hard. I just don't feel like Trump is willing to do it.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:33 AM

[quote=Elliott_CA;59239817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Gay marriage was approved by law and in the system we have !!![quote]

It won't be for long once Trump appoints his Handmaid's Tale justice to the Supreme Court.
Right wing tyranny will prevent two people who love each from getting married. You call that freedom?
No !!! I call that fortunetelling !!! I will need to see proof you can predict the future !!!

I believe you will eat some crow on Nov. 4th but I'm not going to predict it until Nov.5th !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies