Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 08:32 AM

1,600 posts, read 934,718 times

Advertisements

I'm voting for Trump, just like I did in 2016. My wife didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but she is now. The Left-wing buffoonery has triggered her and she's now all in MAGA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 08:34 AM

37,950 posts, read 22,031,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Unemployment numbers reported today have risen beyond what people expected. The market has had a brutal September now that the sugar high of Trump's stock market has worn off with no more stimulus. Once again, Trump fails to understand the basic concept that you cannot fix the economy until you fix the spread of COVID. So what will Trump run now that the economy and his favorite talking point - the stock market - appear to be collapsing right before the election? He'll run on 200,000 deaths? What else does he have left at this point?
As long as states punish healthy people, and act as if the entire state is nothing but sick 80 year old cancer patients, and force businesses to close, then our economy will never really recover

Old 09-24-2020, 08:35 AM

1,600 posts, read 934,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I’ll be voting third party as I usually do because I don’t believe that the two major parties give a rodent’s rectum about the average citizen. As for letting Trump off the hook, the Dems are doing the same with their elected representatives by not holding governors like Cuomo responsible for the massive casualties brought about by their actions or for their egregious breaches of government power. The media actually touts New York as an example of how Covid should be handled .
I totally respect your desire to vote 3rd party. I did for years until 2016 when the Left became so bad that I couldn't bear the thought of them in office. Plus, as flawed as Trump is in many ways, he's proven to me that he genuinely cares about what's best for this country and is working his butt off to make good things happen. I also love that he has a bigger spine than any President I've seen, and that he fights back. I've learned to take the bad with the good and pick my battles as to what's truly important.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:41 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,630,396 times
Quote:
Unemployment numbers reported today have risen beyond what people expected. The market has had a brutal September now that the sugar high of Trump's stock market has worn off with no more stimulus. Once again, Trump fails to understand the basic concept that you cannot fix the economy until you fix the spread of COVID. So what will Trump run now that the economy and his favorite talking point - the stock market - appear to be collapsing right before the election? He'll run on 200,000 deaths? What else does he have left at this point?
Fix the spread of COVID. You mean like isolating the U.S. from the rest of the world?

Old 09-24-2020, 08:41 AM

38,619 posts, read 26,288,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
It should be remembered that when Obama took office the economy was in shambles. He left with an economy booming. Trump squandered that by "downplaying" the epidemic. When the blue states reopen, will the red states that have closed reopen? Its a bit of a misnomer to say only blue states shut down.

Of course, not even Trump believes what he says...if so he would not have shut down the IRS which still hasn't caught up on the backlog causing untold problems with small business' cash flow. In fact, they just changed the recording about delays. Trump closing the IRS now means the feds will pay out more interest on the delayed refunds.

In short, its a fiasco starting at the top where the virus was downplayed, states were left on their own and Trump can't even make a decision about masks.

The toll in medical bills is just beginning to trickle down. According to MoneyFit Credit Counseling, Justia and other credit and legal sources dealing with bankruptcy, with insurance for someone who is hospitalized with Covid, the out of pocket cost is about $10,000; without its $70,000. Deductibles, copays, out of pocket medical care costs at home and so on are expensive even with insurance. Of course, most don't incur these when when they do, it can be devastating.

He left with 5% UE after eight years of the slowest and most anemic recovery from recession in US history.

If you thought Obama's 5% was "booming" you most have been amazed by Trump's pre-pandemic sustained 3.5-3.6% UE.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:46 AM

34,171 posts, read 18,460,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
He left with 5% UE after eight years of the slowest and most anemic recovery from recession in US history.

If you thought Obama's 5% was "booming" you most have been amazed by Trump's pre-pandemic sustained 3.5-3.6% UE.
Obama's average GDP growth over eight years was 1.8%. Pathetic.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,797,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I'm voting for Trump.
Btw, many other nations haven't handled covid-19 very well despite their best attempts.
Americans have certain liberties and freedoms, we can't just lock people inside their apartment buildings and houses like they did in China to stop the spread of the virus. Even Fauci has defended Trump's response to the virus, much of it recommended by Fauci himself.

Biden's support for the violent, marxist BLM organization is one of the main reasons I won't vote for him.
Then you aren't going to answer my question honestly regardless of your reasoning. Trump didn't take the pandemic seriously. I'm not saying this to change your's or other's votes, just stating a fact due to the Woodward interviews.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:24 AM

2,239 posts, read 1,381,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
I totally respect your desire to vote 3rd party. I did for years until 2016 when the Left became so bad that I couldn't bear the thought of them in office. Plus, as flawed as Trump is in many ways, he's proven to me that he genuinely cares about what's best for this country and is working his butt off to make good things happen. I also love that he has a bigger spine than any President I've seen, and that he fights back. I've learned to take the bad with the good and pick my battles as to what's truly important.
Well said.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:36 AM

24,623 posts, read 19,092,469 times
Quote:
Unemployment numbers reported today have risen beyond what people expected.
Unemployment numbers were not reported today.

What was reported was the number of people filing for unemployment claims.

Under the government definition of "unemployed" in use since 1994, they are not unemployed.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:38 AM

8,893 posts, read 2,932,296 times
Quote:
So please point out what Trump should do now to "fix" the virus?

We'll wait.

Thansk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies