Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you contest the the election if your candidate loses?
I will contest the Election till all votes are counted for Biden 4 12.50%
I will Contest the election till all votes are Counted for Trump 1 3.13%
I will contest the election for my candidate till it reaches the SC 5 15.63%
No if my candidate is down by a hefty margin they should concede. 7 21.88%
I want a fair and drama free election the candidate who hits 270 should concede and bet the better man. 15 46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 09:16 AM

6,043 posts, read 2,637,278 times

Advertisements

If on Election Day it shows Biden or Trump Win both the popular vote and EC by a hefty margin will you support them contesting the election or should they Conceded?

Me personally if Trump wins the the EC by say 300 and Biden is maybe 270 or 280 I'll say its over Biden should concede since we know the popular vote doesn't win you the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 09:20 AM

16,865 posts, read 10,503,574 times
It depends on whether there were shenanigans. If things seem fishy, I wouldn’t expect someone to concede and just accept an unfair election. This is especially true with Trump who the left has been trying to illegally throw out of office since he was elected.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-24-2020, 09:21 AM

4,470 posts, read 3,998,199 times
This post is disregarding any potential election fraud. Wanna know how democrats seem to so easily be able to argue? They constantly drop swaths of facts that they consider.

Last edited by MikeNigh; 09-24-2020 at 09:42 AM..

Old 09-24-2020, 09:23 AM

I've said before the whole sending out millions of ballots without people requesting them is sketchy. If you want a mail in ballot request one fill in the info and send it back its easy.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,464,072 times
How exactly does an individual American contest an election? Go out into the middle of the street and howl at the moon? Write a sternly-worded letter? lol.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:26 AM

6,449 posts, read 2,846,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It depends on whether there were shenanigans. If things seem fishy, I wouldn’t expect someone to concede and just accept an unfair election. This is especially true with Trump who the left has been trying to illegally throw out of office since he was elected.
ikr,...the left has been contesting Trump's win for the past 4 years,..lol.

"Not My President!" ;p

Silly.

Barring some glaringly obvious 'caught red handed' cheating... If Biden win's so be it. If Trump wins , so be it.

My life doesn't revolve around some old man/woman miles away in a nice office.

I got plenty to take care of in my own world.

People put way too much stock and less effort into this political game. There are ways to do things,..but sure.,.pick up a brick and throw it...

Pick up the shattered pieces of your lives and move on.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
How exactly does an individual American contest an election? Go out into the middle of the street and howl at the moon? Write a sternly-worded letter? lol.
Contest by the American people won't support the election results and have decided its rigged encourage the candidate to fight it.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:29 AM

Maybe I should of put should the Candidate contest it. You can use either logic if it helps.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:32 AM

24,297 posts, read 16,996,781 times
Personally I'm not going to contest anything but if there is evidence of cheating and back door dealings I would expect Trump to stand up and fight.

I see the election being close and due to all the mail in ballots the Dems will conveniently find just what Joe needs on the back of a loading dock, in someones trunk or in a closet to push him over the top in key districts.

They have pretty much said this is what they will do if he should lose on election day.

This is such a pivotal election for the future of our nation. Trump might not be ideal but given what the Dems are scheming for us and how poorly they have been behaving over the last 4 years I hope Trump can win both the EC and the popular vote. We the People need to send the Democrats a message.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:44 AM

1,049 posts, read 952,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Personally I'm not going to contest anything but if there is evidence of cheating and back door dealings I would expect Trump to stand up and fight.
But only if there's evidence of Democrats cheating, right? Because Trump has already openly admitted to cheating by downsizing the USPS so fewer mail-in ballots can be counted. It's only rigged if Trump loses, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies