Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 02:43 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I looked up quite a few of them - were appointed or served under Clinton's and Obama's watch - Democrats
Appointed? What you do not understand is that people are not appointed generals or admirals. They have to work their way through the ranks and it takes decades to become general, and during that time they will have served while GOP and Dems have been in power.

Quote:
Just wait until 11/4 Finn - no one here is changing their mind no matter what you come up with.
I didn't jus make it up, which is why I posted links to back up my information. You should try it once.

I do not expect Biden to win, but this letter shows Trump's disgust/contempt for the military seems to go both ways. Trump despises them, and they despise him.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:46 PM

464 posts, read 202,396 times
Don't fool yourself OP, **MOST** Vets and Active Duty are Trump Supporters. You're delusional if you think this isn't the case.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:49 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
How would you know it's real?!? It's a secretive, clandestine part of gov't that is really in control and pulling the strings behind the scenes. That must mean you must be part of it if you know it's real You don't know me at all so please don't lump me in with leftist loonies just like you probably wouldn't want to be lumped in with right wing nut jobs for supporting Trump. I'm not a big fan of Biden, but I know I cannot deal with the embarrassment that is Trump for 4 more years.
Theres nothing secret about govt employees and officials protecting the status quo and you portraying it as a conspiracy theory is a shameful way to conceal it.

You think Trump is an embarrassment, well I dont need to find personal pride in the personna of elected leaders and certainly do not vote cult of personalities.

I vote by the intended policies of the candidates, in that respect Trump has been an amazing President and Harris and Biden will be disastrous.

Open borders, slavery reparations, BLM antifa rioting for dead thugs committing crimes on drugs, pro China, sucking up to political correctness and apologizing for the accomplishnents of european colonists....

Maybe thats why youre left with only attacking the character of Trump. The policies of your platform are just horrible.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:50 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
looks like some warmongers upset Trump isn't starting a bunch of wars
That, and Obama purged a lot of generals as president, and installed politically partisan toadies that would do his bidding.

Here's a question for those generals, did you fight back when Obama decided, all on his own, to start a war with Libya? No, you didn't. So to hell with you hacks.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:52 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times
Of course, they aren’t getting all the war action they get from the sold out Democrats

Old 09-24-2020, 02:58 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Appointed? What you do not understand is that people are not appointed generals or admirals. They have to work their way through the ranks and it takes decades to become general, and during that time they will have served while GOP and Dems have been in power.

I didn't jus make it up, which is why I posted links to back up my information. You should try it once.

I do not expect Biden to win, but this letter shows Trump's disgust/contempt for the military seems to go both ways. Trump despises them, and they despise him.

You dont make General without being a brass kisser and the selection process at the upper levels of military is completely subjective.
You dont get in the good ole boys club if youre not a good ole boy.
Trump is not supported by the good ole boys.

In other shocking news the sky is blue and water is wet.

This is yet more democrat election propaganda. Significant numbers of pseudo republicans or wanna be conservatives are suddenly abandoning their life long ideologies and because Trump is a toad now embrace Joe Biden and the democrat platform.

And if we see them we are so weak willed we join them.

Give it up we arent that dumb.

Old 09-24-2020, 03:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sHorrorJunkie View Post
Don't fool yourself OP, **MOST** Vets and Active Duty are Trump Supporters.
You seem to have a habit of just saying stuff and hoping that it might be true and it practically never is. Only 38% have a favorable view (vs Biden 41%), while 49.9% has unfavorable view of Trump. 42% say they "strongly disapprove" Trump. 13% support 3rd party.

This is bad news for Trump, and these were the numbers BEFORE he called them losers and suckers. He thought they would support him if he just throws other people's money at them, but people need more than that, - they need respect and Trump does not understand the meaning of the word any more than he understand why people serve in the first place.

Quote:
nearly half of respondents (49.9 percent) had an unfavorable view of the president, compared to about 38 percent who had a favorable view . Questions in the poll had a margin of error of up to 2 percent.

Among all survey participants, 42 percent said they “strongly” disapprove of Trump’s time in office.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...ote-for-biden/

Old 09-24-2020, 03:10 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
looks like some warmongers upset Trump isn't starting a bunch of wars
Yep, apparently they preffered it when Obama killed 10s of thousands, used billions in weapons in Libya, and the loss of life when Obama lost 2000 American lives in Afganistan due to his surge there

Old 09-24-2020, 03:11 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You seem to have a habit of just saying stuff and hoping that it might be true and it practically never is. Only 38% have a favorable view (vs Biden 41%), while 49.9% has unfavorable view of Trump. 42% say they "strongly disapprove" Trump. 13% support 3rd party.

This is bad news for Trump, and these were the numbers BEFORE he called them losers and suckers. He thought they would support him if he just throws other people's money at them, but people need more than that, - they need respect and Trump does not understand the meaning of the word any more than he understand why people serve in the first place.
Well, this poll tells a different story. Trump still holds a majority support from the military.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond.../#4313fa5fe6d0

Old 09-24-2020, 03:13 PM

17,601 posts, read 17,629,777 times
And how many of them left the military for a cushy defense contractor position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies