Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 02:47 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I worked as a casual carrier for several months years ago and I agree that most of the people I worked with were upstanding people, many of whom were veterans and then there were the old crotches. One guy hated dogs and if one came near him even in a friendly way he would spray it.

When one works a route it doesn't take that long to notice where people's mail is coming from. They might get political mailings or maybe a NRA magazines. A mail carrier wouldn't need to see say a Trump sign in someones yard to know that their politics lean to the Right and it is not that much of a stretch to think that a carrier that opposes Trump could easily slip that ballot back into the mail stream to delay it or conveniently lose it in the truck somewhere.

The Left praises rioters as some sort of Patriots so no one should be surprised that a Left leaning mail carrier might get a kick out of his little effort of Civil disobedience by misplacing a ballot or two.

Mail carriers are human and they have been emboldened by their leaders to fight the power.

This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 03:01 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Every Wisconsin mail voter can track their ballot online. In my state, you get a text message at each step, mailing receipt and count. If you mail it back in time and don't see it counted, then you go vote provisional if you want. Mail voting has been working for decades in the west. It will in the east too. Chill.

Old 09-24-2020, 03:04 PM

8,496 posts, read 4,558,569 times
I don't trust Trump's Postal system. It's director and management are deliberating sabotaging the mail system to affecting the electoral process. I personally delivered my mail in ballot to a drop box outside my town hall for a state primary a few weeks ago.

Old 09-24-2020, 03:06 PM

490 posts, read 152,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
It's almost 2021. Isnt there a better more efficient way to vote?
Like what? All electronic voting is wide open to hacking, internal sabotage.
Mail in voting is open to what is described here among many other issues.
The most secure way is for people to show up in person to their polling place, ID in hand, filling out a paper ballot. Even that isn't fool proof. But it's the closest thing we have to it.

Technology doesn't always equal better.

Old 09-24-2020, 03:07 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,469 times
or you know. can just vote in person like a normal person. this vote by mail is garbage, adding additional steps then complain if it doesn't make it.

Old 09-24-2020, 03:23 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I worked as a casual carrier for several months years ago and I agree that most of the people I worked with were upstanding people, many of whom were veterans and then there were the old crotches. One guy hated dogs and if one came near him even in a friendly way he would spray it.

When one works a route it doesn't take that long to notice where people's mail is coming from. They might get political mailings or maybe a NRA magazines. A mail carrier wouldn't need to see say a Trump sign in someones yard to know that their politics lean to the Right and it is not that much of a stretch to think that a carrier that opposes Trump could easily slip that ballot back into the mail stream to delay it or conveniently lose it in the truck somewhere.

The Left praises rioters as some sort of Patriots so no one should be surprised that a Left leaning mail carrier might get a kick out of his little effort of Civil disobedience by misplacing a ballot or two.

Mail carriers are human and they have been emboldened by their leaders to fight the power.
Why would a carrier trash mail where it would be found and traced to their route?

Just wondering.

Wouldn't they need to incredible stupid to get rid of ballots that way?

Old 09-24-2020, 05:18 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Why would a carrier trash mail where it would be found and traced to their route?

Just wondering.

Wouldn't they need to incredible stupid to get rid of ballots that way?
Normally it happens with market ads and with substitute carriers who fear being late and being terminated for that more than having the mail found. A regular carrier would know that the OIG and Postal Inspection service must know already what carrier was assigned the range of address found in the dumped mail since they have the date and location from the bar codes. My first question would be did the carrier have mail stolen from his vehicle and report it before the local police recovered the trays of mail.

Even with fewer letters and stuff like checks in the mail stream everyday we are seeing an uptick of locks being popped on the older vehicles and postal keys being stolen to use as burglar tools with security footage of thieves going straight into mailboxes.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:19 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
go ahead, mail those ballots!......I knew a PO that dumped all remaining mail he had to deliver in a dumpster so he could get to band practice. when they caught him all they did was fire him....poor people weren't getting their checks...

Old 09-24-2020, 05:49 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has found a number of mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania discarded in the trash. They were ballots cast for President Donald Trump.

It's not many, but how many others that we don't know about, have been successfully thrown away by Biden supporters all over the country?

Old 09-24-2020, 06:35 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
or you know. can just vote in person like a normal person. this vote by mail is garbage, adding additional steps then complain if it doesn't make it.
Some places are not allowing people to vote in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies