Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 03:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Poor kid !!! I wonder what he could have done to get democrats to love him !!! Nothing I suppose !!!

Yeah, go ahead, whine about Democrats while Republicans do nothing, just like the Misleader in Chief did about a looming pandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 04:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
ain’t never fought for you?
Am I supposed to be impressed?

Black folks fought in every conflict we’ve ever had in huge numbers. The more vocal members of our community called them “white men’s wars.” I’ll decline to call them that, but that sentiment ain’t far off the mark. Black folk’s interests sure as hell weren’t involved.

So pardon me if the white participation in BLM isn’t exactly bringing out loads of praise from me. But if you wish, I’ll genuflect in your presence if I ever see you personally. Or maybe I’ll just e-genuflect here on CD, seeing as you’re offering me your behind to kiss!

Old 09-26-2020, 05:00 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Am I supposed to be impressed?

Black folks fought in every conflict we’ve ever had in huge numbers. The more vocal members of our community called them “white men’s wars.” I’ll decline to call them that, but that sentiment ain’t far off the mark. Black folk’s interests sure as hell weren’t involved.

So pardon me if the white participation in BLM isn’t exactly bringing out loads of praise from me. But if you wish, I’ll genuflect in your presence if I ever see you personally. Or maybe I’ll just e-genuflect here on CD, seeing as you’re offering me your behind to kiss!
I’ve not participated. What is the point of wypipo joining a BLM demonstration?

Old 09-26-2020, 05:06 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie View Post
https://reason.com/2020/03/16/maryla...p-family-says/

Its time to admit racism against white people. Why isn't there any outrage for Duncan Socrates Lemp? Where are all the celebrities and athletes. He fire any shots. He didn't deal drugs or date someone who did. Why doesn't America know his name or the thousands of other names of people of different races killed by police? Where is the relentless all day media coverage? I just can't believe this is the future of America. This blatent bias, racism, brainwashing, and double standards against caucasions.
White people don't matter. And if you say that all people matter then you are a racist. This is our looney tunes world now.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
You appear to be intelligent, I’m sure you understand that all kinds of people commit crimes, including cops.

The cop who shot LaQuan McDonald was convicted and is sitting in prison. LaQuan’s biological mother, who had no hand in raising him, was paid five million dollars.

That’s as close to justice as you’re going to get in this world. Of course, BLM is not really about justice, is it?
$5 million bucks. That’s what life is worth now? Can I murder you and give your family $5 million? Would your life be worth that much to them? That’s all?

Yeah. “Close to Justice.” But that ain't Justice.

Quote:
Not my business. That’s between you and them. I’m not white, and their activities aren’t for me to question. Ask THEM, not me.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:00 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
I’d have no problem supporting whites and even contributing money to their fight if they took up the mantle against police brutality. But what I won’t do is fight for them in their stead. Hell no. They ain’t never fought for us. . . .Whites can’t protest bad police behavior against whites because they’re afraid of looking as if they’re agreeing with blacks. And lord knows they can’t do that. It would also be an admission that blacks were right about the cops. And whites can’t do that either. . . . Fact is, you CAN’T stand up to the police now. It’s too late. Don’t get angry with the black community because of your community’s cowardice.
Quote:
Every BLM protest is composed of 60% white people.
Quote:
So. And?
Quote:
. . . ain’t never fought for you?
Quote:
Am I supposed to be impressed? Black folks fought in every conflict we’ve ever had in huge numbers. The more vocal members of our community called them “white men’s wars.” I’ll decline to call them that, but that sentiment ain’t far off the mark. Black folk’s interests sure as hell weren’t involved. So pardon me if the white participation in BLM isn’t exactly bringing out loads of praise from me. But if you wish, I’ll genuflect in your presence if I ever see you personally. Or maybe I’ll just e-genuflect here on CD, seeing as you’re offering me your behind to kiss!
Quote:
Quote:
Not my business. That’s between you and them. I’m not white, and their activities aren’t for me to question. Ask THEM, not me.
This circular logic is tiresome.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
So, 100% of people that have ever demonstrated against anything have been directly impacted by the thing they're protesting?

There's this thing called empathy, you know.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, 100% of people that have ever demonstrated against anything have been directly impacted by the thing they're protesting?

There's this thing called empathy, you know.
That’s lost on right wingers.

Meanwhile, they’re trying to devise a way to take healthcare from people. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies