Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 01:54 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If white Americans don’t wanna take to the streets and protest, that’s their problem.

It’s not black people’s job to fight for people who won’t fight for themselves. Therefore, this is none of our business. Sorry. You all say that the cops are inherently good and compliance will ensure a short confrontation and no loss of life. So stick to that mantra. Don’t tell BLM to take up the cause in THIS case when you despise them for standing up for black folks.

Where’s the outrage in this case? Look in your mirrors and ask yourselves where it is. If you feel guilty because you won’t get off your behinds and speak out, don’t blame others. Take responsibility for your own fecklessness and own it.

Who said cops are inherently good? You just can't get off the group think. These are individual cases. You may indeed have a point that other people don't protest enough, but protesting bad outcomes of violently resisted arrests is just as utterly useless . Rioting of course makes it even worse, however that lies squarely on the local governments that let it happen. It delegitimatizes the protests , and adds to the tally of bad governance, until such point that is that they are reelected. In that case then the punishment will be meted out on a people more deserving.

Hands up don't shoot was based on a fraud. This was the real thing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrAU2Nx4qrc

Alleda was convicted of a misdemeanor. Those are the cases to move on. So ,apparently, is this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 01:55 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Go ahead,..start a White Lives Matter protest against Policy brutality.

I'll be over here with my popcorn.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:57 PM

2,180 posts, read 639,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, we poor things. SO unfair.

Trust me, white liberal. Your self-deprecating isn't going to convince minorities that you're "one of the good ones."

Your self-loathing xenophilia is gross.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:58 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie View Post
Because I don't organize protests based on the races of people affected. That would be racist and I would be targeted as racist. I would lose my job, reputation, deleted from social media, be possibly physically harmed, etc.
I see. You are upset because other people are not protesting, but you won't do it yourself because you lack the courage.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Maybe communities realize that outrage and anti-police protests will, in the end, lead to more people dead. It happens in every community where there is a high profile police case, followed by riots. Police leave, people die. Why is that? You would think when police back off, people would thrive, according to the BLM narrative.

We don't have a viable alternative to law enforcement. So we can't tear down the only thing we have.

That's the thing about this movement. They are tearing something down, and I haven't heard a single detailed plan about an alternative. People say body cams. I'm 100% on board. But they rioted in Lancaster PA after they saw the body cam of a crazed guy trying to kill the cop with a knife. But what else? What would the alternative to police look like? I'm wary of any movement that only criticizes.
Weak. You’re making excuses too.

The OP pointed out that a white kid was unjustifiably killed by cops. The question was asked: where is the outrage?

I’m dealing with that issue. Where is the outrage? Don’t start talking about blacks and BLM. We ain’t got a damn thing to do with it. It’s not our issue.

Just answer the question. Where is the outrage? And don’t look at us to find it. We’re looking at YOU!

Old 09-24-2020, 02:01 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Self-loathing xenophilia, that's absolutely brilliant. Stealing that one.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I see. You are upset because other people are not protesting, but you won't do it yourself because you lack the courage.
Bingo. Their guilt over their fecklessness is killing them.
Quote:
Trust me, white liberal. Your self-deprecating isn't going to convince minorities that you're "one of the good ones."

Stop prevaricating and talking around the issue with a bunch of irrelevant foolishness.

Where is white outrage over this murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Who said cops are inherently good? You just can't get off the group think. These are individual cases. You may indeed have a point that other people don't protest enough, but protesting bad outcomes of violently resisted arrests is just as utterly useless . Rioting of course makes it even worse, however that lies squarely on the local governments that let it happen. It delegitimatizes the protests , and adds to the tally of bad governance, until such point that is that they are reelected. In that case then the punishment will be meted out on a people more deserving.

Hands up don't shoot was based on a fraud. This was the real thing .

Alleda was convicted of a misdemeanor. Those are the cases to move on. So ,apparently, is this one.
You’re prevaricating too. Talking around the issue. Nobody said a damn thing about rioting and groupthink.

Where is white outrage? Why aren’t whites standing up for this kid. And don’t pester me with nonsense about rioting and BLM.

Face it. You folks won’t take a stand because you’re scared to be seen ideologically in accord with African Americans after years of claiming that the cops are never abusive.

That’s all this is.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:07 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3tsg02020 View Post
Why would BLACK Lives Matter protest for some random white guy who was killed by the cops? Why don't you ALL Lives Matter people do that?

Why would WHITE limp wristed soy boy skinny jeans liberals protest for some random black felon that was killed by the cops after shooting at them?

Old 09-24-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Agitate for police reform through a race-neutral lens.

Black people get caught up more in an imperfect system because they murder, steal, assault and traffic at a per capita rate that far exceeds any other group. That's the big black elephant in the room that BLM supporters ignore. And because they ignore it, the message for reform as a whole is lost while they make it all about them.

As with most problems in America, a solution which focuses on commonality of circumstances will simultaneously get MORE support from a broader coalition AND help address the perceived grievances of black people.

But the race huxters can't help themselves. In the absence of other marketable skills, this stuff is all some people got. And they find eager buyers among white leftists who enable them.
LMAO...yeah, you’ll get that police reform by simply asking nicely for it.

In Los Angeles, they got massive police reform that they’d been asking for for DECADES! Know how. They had to tear up **** to get it. You don’t get profound change in this country by asking heavily invested powers to just give it to you with a smile on your face.

This is the United States. The status quo doesn’t move until its been threatened and thoroughly intimidated. They don’t respect peaceful requests to give up even a scintilla of power.

But you knew that already. You just want blacks to ask nicely. You don’t have that standard for white Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie View Post
What you're saying is the black people don't care about the lives of other races? The media and BLM is a mix of all races. Why are your BLM people labeling this as a "racial injustice"? Why isn't the media covering other races?
We care about white lives EXACTLY as much as whites care for black lives.

So you answer the question. I’ll let you tell it.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:17 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
More info, from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Duncan_Lemp

Detectives assigned to the Investigative Services Bureau received an anonymous tip that Lemp illegally possessed firearms.[12][2] Police stated that "detectives applied for and received a no-knock search warrant for the crimes of possession of an assault weapon and possession of a firearm by a prohibited person."[12][13] Lemp allegedly had a criminal history in juvenile court that prohibited him from legally possessing firearms until the age of 30.

The raid was conducted at approximately 4:30 AM by the Montgomery County Police Department's SWAT team.[2][13]

"The officers entering the residence announced themselves as police and that they were serving a search warrant," police said. "Officers gave commands for individuals inside the residence to show their hands and to get on the ground."[2] The Montgomery County Police Department said that Lemp "confronted" police and was shot by one of their officers.[1] "Upon making contact with Lemp, officers identified themselves as the police and gave him multiple orders to show his hands and comply with the officer's commands to get on the ground," police said. "Lemp refused to comply with the officer's commands and proceeded towards the interior bedroom door where other officers were located."[2] Police also stated that "Lemp was found to be in possession of a rifle and was located directly in front of the interior bedroom entrance door."[2]

Lemp's family maintains that according to an eyewitness, the officers initiated gunfire and flash bangs from outside the house through Duncan's window without warning and while Lemp was sleeping.[2][3] As of early July 2020, body camera footage had not yet been released, despite public record requests by Reason magazine and MuckRock.[14]

Police stated that Lemp had rigged a booby-trap device that was designed to "detonate a shotgun shell at the direction of anyone entering" the bedroom.[2] "After officers entered the bedroom, the other occupant of the room warned the officers to be careful of the device rigged to the exterior door," and Montgomery County bomb-squad technicians were brought in to "render the device safe," police said.[2]

Three rifles and two handguns were recovered during the raid.[3]

Aftermath

The Lemp family asserted that Lemp was asleep next to his girlfriend when a police officer shot him.[8] His girlfriend, who was pregnant, was forced to remain in the room for over an hour with Lemp after he was killed.[11] "The Lemp family requests that the Montgomery County Police immediately release all body camera footage and audio from this horrific event," Lemp family attorneys said.[2] The attorney stated that nobody in the house the morning of the shooting had a criminal record, but juvenile records would be sealed and therefore unavailable.[1][8] The Lemp family released a statement that said, "The police had obtained a search warrant for the home, however the search warrant makes no mention of any imminent threat to law enforcement or the community. No resident of the home had any criminal record."

-------------------------------------------

I was looking for a phrase like, "The reason the police fired their guns is because....." I haven't found such a statement. No mention of anyone in the house (other than police who entered) firing any gun of any kind.

BTW, booby traps (like the one described here, a shotgun shell rigged to go off toward a door when anybody entered) are illegal in most states, because a booby trap can't tell a good guy from a bad guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies