Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the US is entering a Civil War?
Yes 71 43.83%
No 91 56.17%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 06:51 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
The only winners for the American Civil War Part II will be China and Russia. Once the winning side is exhausted from fighting the opposition and trust me it will be an agnozing fight physically, mentally, and emotionally since the battle will on our homeland (something the US has been largely very lucky since the first Civil War) then we will be in a much weakened state. That would leave us prone for China and Russia to further their influence upon us.

Thankfully, there are still many factors that argue against a Civil War or at least anything like part I.

- The political divide is urban vs rural instead of regional like the first time. That makes it easier to just self separate and ignore eachother for the most part. Plus even though they may not like eachother deep down the cities and the rural areas do tend to rely on eachother. The cities bring in the money and the rural areas bring in the natural scernary and the resources.

- A lot of the hardcore trash talk is on the internet. There aren't that many Kyle Rittenhouse's or live consistent far-left protesters compared to the general population that would be willing to go that route.

- The generational aspect is more involved like the late 10s/20s and the 60s meaning that largely once one generation ages and the other one goes from living to the history books things tend to mellow out over time.

- A lot of people are just too distracted and spoiled to want to deal with war. We have refugees from various countries that come here to escape war and knowing that we don't want to give up our cellphones, fastfood, and live entertainment to go and shot at and bomb people that we don't like. Especially, when you can largely ignore them for the most part.

- Diversity kinda soothes over the race war side of things as more non-blacks march with blacks on issues such as law-enforcement reform and such

Overall a hot Civil War is possible, but probably not likely and a repeat of the 1860s or anything worse than that is very unlikely. More than likely just a continuation of some more civil unrest.
Diversity will be one of the major causes of a (potential) civil war...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 06:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Not if we resist evil
The movement dr king began has mutated into what he fought against

Old 09-24-2020, 06:54 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Not if we resist evil
The movement dr king began has mutated into what he fought against
Considering MLK was likely a Communist and an adulterer, maybe not the best example there...

Old 09-24-2020, 06:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
& the South is "gonna do it again".
Wouldn't be south vs north or armies marching to battle it would be north east coast and west coast vs everybody else for the most part with some blue spots like Chicago and Denver surrounded by red. It would be more like Croatian war.

Why are any states blue? because the urban cities, do most people in cities know who to fend for themselves? No. Once food and fuel and maybe water become scarce, the blue urban cities would implode.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cykhfeq61c...20map.jpg?dl=0

https://www.americamagazine.org/cont...r-past-century

Old 09-24-2020, 06:59 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,772,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
If you asked me two years ago maybe even a year ago I would have said no, now I'm not so sure though. Anyway the blue only hold the west coast and even those states you can draw a line down the middle because once you get past the coast like Seattle and LA it turns red and the blue only hold Richmond up to Maine on the east coast and again once you get out of the urban area it turns red even in NY. Cities like Denver and Illinois would be surrounded and fall soon.

Just control the roads and railway leading to the urban cities and watch them kill each other after food, water and fuel become scarce. Half the armed forces would refuse to obey I believe , some would join the cause against the blue, at the very least the armed forces would have low moral.

The armed forces and militias that were loyal to the governors of red states and the people of red states would have a hard time but not as bad as blue states. I doubt urban dwellers will join to fight against the red, most of them don't own a gun or know how to use one, all they know is they survive by going to a grocery store and having fuel because gas stations have it.

Either way, no matter the outcome the U.S.A would no longer be a world player, China and Russia would take over that.

If the electoral college is ever ended I believe it would lead to what I described above eventually.

That is why a civil war is unlikely because even the well educated urbanites will figure out that their food and water supply will be cut off and they will be annihilated in a scenario like this. And yes, as I said in another thread, the U.S. will be the ultimate loser in the end. China, Russia, or even Canada and Mexico might just invade and we'll be too incapacitated to defend ourselves. To be fair though, I really don't think it is that bad. At least in my state, city dwellers and rural folks get along just fine. Most of us know when not to step on someone else's toes.

Funny that you mention this but during the Chinese Civil War (1945-49) it was the opposite in that the "rightists" (the Nationalists) held control of the main roads, railroads, and the cities while the "leftists" (the Communists) held control of the countryside. The same thing happened during Lon Nol's Cambodia (1970-75). The side that controls much of the food and water ultimately prevails.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I'm starting to think it's inevitable.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:03 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Yes, but not immediately.

The violence will ebb and flow as the soft racism of low-expectations has been manifested in Black America, led by their Democrat slave owners, yet with a heavy dose of Marxism.

We will ultimately segregate. But the Marxist states will 1) seek to enforce their moral imperialism on the free states and 2) fail miserably as a society, blaming it on the free people as they have done so in every systemically Democrat, urban city in America.

The wild card will be whether or not the Marxists invite China in the back door. And rest assured, China is knocking...

Old 09-24-2020, 07:05 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If the election is stolen by Trump the way he is planning I can see such a scenario happening.
You have an appropriate moniker.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:07 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Lincolns war was not a civil war. Civil wars are when two factions fight for control of a common area. The south just wanted to go its own way and be left alone. It did not want to rule the north.
Calling bs.

The Confederacy "wanted to go its own way" by enslaving its people.

Its battle cry:

War is peace;
freedom is slavery;
ignorance is strength.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:11 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Links that it's liberals rioting and looting please. Haven't seen any factual proof it's liberals doing all that. Lots of conjecture, but no facts.
What color is the sky in your world?
Some people will refuse to believe what they see with their own eyes if it conflicts with their beliefs, however warped and contrafactual they may be,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies