Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 06:34 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times

Advertisements

Choose your own risk: thankfully, I haven't celebrated Halloween in the past few years except for handing out candy to the neighborhood kids. I did go trick or treating every year until high school and then went to Halloween parties or haunted houses after I outgrew that. If I was a kid or teen, I'd be pretty pissed if they tried to take Halloween from me.

1) High Risk for Covid (will probably be banned in most leftist areas). Trick or Treating, Trunk or Treating, Indoor parties of any kind that involve more than one household, haunted houses, hayrides with people from more than one household, non social distancing costume parades. Bars and Festivals (moot point here because both are closed this year in California)

2) Medium Risk (will probably be allowed in most leftists areas but with a wagging finger): Socially distanced costume parades where those from different households have to wear a Covid mask (Halloween masks not enough) and stay 6 feet apart. Pumpkin Carving outside where people from different households are at their own tables with their own supplies (which they can't share) and all tables must be at least 10 feet apart. One way outdoor mazes or haunted forests where people from different households must remain 6 feet apart wearing a Covid mask. Walking outside looking and admiring Halloween decorations only with members of your own household while remaining at least 6 feet away from other households.

3) Low Risk: Having a Halloween party with only people form your household OR on zoom. Trick or Treating in your own household and yard while one family member walks around from room to room and in the yard handing out candy to the kids and sending the video to friends and family. Pumpkin Carving or Halloween crafts/decorating with members of your own household or on zoom.

4) LOWEST RISK: A BLM Halloween protest (in costume, mask optional whether it's Halloween costume related or a covid mask) with thousands of strangers screaming shoulder to shoulder because the cause will prevent Covid from spreading.

Last edited by ThinkingOutsideTheBox; 09-24-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies