Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 04:49 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
On the plane you still have to wear a mask. Brazil - good luck. I pray you don’t get ill yourself but also not become a carrier .
Yeah you technically do, but I get food and water, and keep my mask off most of the time.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good luck. The curfew begins at 11PM. You can even dance, but only if you wear a mask.

https://www.miamiherald.com/miami-co...245944935.html

We regret to inform you that Miami-Dade County is not entirely back to its usual self.

In the meantime, Miami-Dade County’s nightly 11 p.m.-6 a.m. curfew remains. The county has suspended civil citations for mask violations but mask mandates inside individual businesses can be enforced.

Nightclubs are allowed to open. Masks are required on the dance floor, and eating and drinking is allowed at tables only. Check individual clubs for more information.
Yeah, but that will hopefully soon be done away with. That's why I said after midnight. I hate that curfew. Feels like I'm in grade school. I was in several other cities where you can have a normal time in bars past midnight, felt great.

But it's improving, today I sat down indoors and ate some food in Miami Beach. When was the last time you could do that here? July? Thank God for deSantis.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:51 PM

8,142 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The Swedes are packing bars too, without masks.
Lol. Distancing required. Table service only.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. Distancing required. Table service only.
Haha distancing required at a bar? That's a good one.

Looks like a normal bar scene to me -> https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/24...-for-business/

Old 09-27-2020, 04:55 PM

8,142 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Haha distancing required at a bar? That's a good one.

Looks like a normal bar scene to me -> https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/24...-for-business/
Not that I can read it but the date says 3/24, lol.

So what I said is absolutely correct.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump is the main reason DeSantis was elected. His actions are all about politics not science when it comes to the virus. Remember his victory speech with Pence back in May when he conquered the virus, seemed rather short sighted ignoring Covid-19. There is an election coming up and he wants to follow Trump's lead at the expense of his constituents. Florida's rate has decreased from the August but way too early to be dropping all restrictions. We will see how this turns out in late October.
Science informs politicians on the risks, but its politicians who have to weigh the risks and the economy and people's individuals liberties. Science cannot say you need to shut down or not.

And not to mention, there is really little in the way of good science on Covid19. It's a new virus. And many studies contradict each other. It will be probably be only next year until we get a clear picture of how its spread, and truly how deadly it is.

And I must say, for a supposedly highly contagious and deadly virus, it keeps missing me. I have been nonstop traveling since late July thanks to draconian policies in Miami and cheapness of airplane tickets. I have been all over the USA and soon will go to Brazil then Mexico. I have eaten in crowded indoor restaurants, been in many ubers, crowded bars, indoor house parties, shook hands with people I don't know, and I haven't so much as had the sniffles.

So I'm LOLing at all of you who are hiding in your basements, and thinking you will catch it as soon as you walk by someone unmasked.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:59 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Yeah, but that will hopefully soon be done away with. That's why I said after midnight. I hate that curfew. Feels like I'm in grade school. I was in several other cities where you can have a normal time in bars past midnight, felt great.

But it's improving, today I sat down indoors and ate some food in Miami Beach. When was the last time you could do that here? July? Thank God for deSantis.
Everybody wants back to normal ! Just hate hanging around Ryder trauma center, Mercy or Mount Sanai, to see if loved ones will come out walking.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Not that I can read it but the date says 3/24, lol.

So what I said is absolutely correct.
Is it? I don't know. Find me some pictures from Sweden's bar scene.

Old 09-27-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Everybody wants back to normal ! Just hate hanging around Ryder trauma center, Mercy or Mount Sanai, to see if loved ones will come out walking.
I dislocated my shoulder back in late June and went to Mount Sinai in Miami Beach. This was supposedly when hospitals were becoming filled to capacity but it looked quiet and empty!

Old 09-27-2020, 05:05 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Science informs politicians on the risks, but its politicians who have to weigh the risks and the economy and people's individuals liberties. Science cannot say you need to shut down or not.

And not to mention, there is really little in the way of good science on Covid19. It's a new virus. And many studies contradict each other. It will be probably be only next year until we get a clear picture of how its spread, and truly how deadly it is.

And I must say, for a supposedly highly contagious and deadly virus, it keeps missing me. I have been nonstop traveling since late July thanks to draconian policies in Miami and cheapness of airplane tickets. I have been all over the USA and soon will go to Brazil then Mexico. I have eaten in crowded indoor restaurants, been in many ubers, crowded bars, indoor house parties, shook hands with people I don't know, and I haven't so much as had the sniffles.

So I'm LOLing at all of you who are hiding in your basements, and thinking you will catch it as soon as you walk by someone unmasked.
Missing you ? For your benefit and anyone gets near you - hope so, but are you not the only one has claimed the same and later regretted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies