Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 02:19 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It takes about six weeks so, assuming this results in people moving about and congregating again, there should be another local maxima around the time of the election. Maybe it will scare people who waited to vote in person from showing up. That should help Biden.

Also, the case base, the background in the community, now is about 4 times what it was back in May, so the peak could end up being much, much, higher along with the serious cases and deaths.

We all know that’s what it’s really about. Thanks for admitting it

Old 09-25-2020, 02:25 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
As I said DeSantis can do what he wants. Meanwhile, some places aren't comfortable with the lack of social distancing and/or no masks and will continue to do what they feel is best for the safety of their customers.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:25 PM

1,049 posts, read 960,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It takes about six weeks so, assuming this results in people moving about and congregating again, there should be another local maxima around the time of the election. Maybe it will scare people who waited to vote in person from showing up. That should help Biden.
I actually don't see the surge coming in October or November, the May re-opening was bad because it was during the height of the pandemic. Right now it is waning a bit, but will likely resurface in the later winter months. Regarding the election, I don't see how fewer people voting would help Biden, the opposite is actually true.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:27 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
As I said DeSantis can do what he wants. Meanwhile, some places aren't comfortable with the lack of social distancing and/or no masks and will continue to do what they feel is best for the safety of their customers.
No thanks to the media terrorists who have people afraid of their neighbors shadow.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No thanks to the media terrorists who have people afraid of their neighbors shadow.
I read the article in the Jacksonville paper about DeSantis' move. A restaurant in that same article said they'll keep their capacity at 25% because they like having the extra space for customers. A lot of people aren't comfortable with crowds and maskless areas. It's isn't media. It's common sense which nowadays doesn't appear to be too common.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:31 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I read the article in the Jacksonville paper about DeSantis' move. A restaurant in that same article said they'll keep their capacity at 25% because they like having the extra space for customers. A lot of people aren't comfortable with crowds and maskless areas. It's isn't media. It's common sense which nowadays doesn't appear to be too common.
It's about people being free to choose, not subject to the irrational fear and manipulation of others.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:45 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
its a fake disease, everyone probably already has it. itl be fine, open the entire nation. take away mask requirements, if you are at risk, wear a damn mask and protect yourself. dont expect me to cater to your fears.

Ah, the GOP panacea: Cry FAKE!

Old 09-25-2020, 02:47 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
Up here in MN, at the rate we're going, it'll be 2023 before all restrictions are lifted.
You can go out and burn the town to the ground, but restaurants/schools/churches, etc., are either off limits or severely regulated as to how many people can congregate.
If you DARE to go out in public without a mask, you risk the wrath of not only a fine, but being shamed into submission by the mask police. The mask militants are now suggesting that you wear a mask in your own home. Um, no.
As mentioned, no school for the majority of kids, but football and volleyball games (at the high school and collegiate level): good to go.
Skeleton crews in restaurants and businesses; pending foreclosures once the moratoriums are lifted. Many are without jobs.
Meanwhile, the "experts" are wringing their hands, and peeing their pants, contradicting each other, jockeying for position, all the while holding the residents hostage as to their next move and formulating the mandates they can enact to get the populace to comply.
The elderly, especially in the nursing homes, are dropping like flies. They, unfortunately, are most often the victims of Covid, in more than one way.
The minute there's more cases than the day before, the powers that be get all whipped up into a frenzy, and, consequently, the cycle repeats itself. Extension after extension, in perpetuity, it seems.
This is not a hoax, obviously. 200,000+ dead is evidence of this. For the people who wish/need to take precautions, I say, absolutely do so. For the rest of society, it's beyond time that we get on with it.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:48 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
its a fake disease, everyone probably already has it. itl be fine, open the entire nation. take away mask requirements, if you are at risk, wear a damn mask and protect yourself. dont expect me to cater to your fears.
From your mouth to God's ear. I hope my state and others follow suit!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
It's about people being free to choose, not subject to the irrational fear and manipulation of others.
What you call irrational fear and manipulation others may call caution and judgment. In my small community my doctor's office has a requirement that people wear a mask before entering because of an uptick in cases in our area. They're not asking anybody if they care of not. People take the precautions they need to take, whether it be doctor's offices, businesses, etc. I live in probably one of the reddest counties in a red state, and this doctor's office is taking this virus seriously. Because science and facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies