Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 09:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
...the truth: The USA is actually the least racist country on earth. The biggest problem we have when it comes to racism is hatred for white people by everyone including white people. Everyone else gets a leg up and the benefit of the doubt more often than not because they're not white.
Agree except the US is one of the most racist countries against it's founding population group and majority. Plus most of these other countries are just plain ignorant and wrong. Americans have had 400 years of experience that diversity isn't workable or at least not ideal. One can question the means and methods of the past, but the past is just that, and right was right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 04:26 AM

42 posts, read 16,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Canada is nearly as non-white(27%) as the USA was just 20 years ago. It's just that the majority are Asian(18%), and far fewer representation of blacks and Latin Americans( that's what they label latinos). Their indigenous population(5%) do make up a larger share, and a sizable portion of crime and poverty appears to be present in this community.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

The UK leans more racially homogenous(87% white), but London is anything but that. Blacks alone are 13% of the city's population, and for a city of it's size, that's over a million people. There are an even greater number of Asians( which count Arabs) at roughly 20%. Multiracial people make up the next sizable population. Actual ethnic White British have fallen below 50% since at least 2011.

Today, America isn't the only developed country with a lot of immigrants, or even non citizen. The wealthy country of the United Arab Emirates(like the Arabian USA) blows us out of the water in both regards. 88% of the country is made of mostly (non-Arab) immigrants and expatriates, with few having obtained citizenship, in which seems to comprise mostly of the indigenous Emirati Arabs themselves.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates
20 years ago, more than 1 in 3 Americans were still African American or Latino. The US has had many of these populations in large numbers nearly since it's beginning. The closest comparison Canada has is it's indigenous population.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't kn ow OP, but why do so many Americans think it is acceptable to judge other countries? Especially Americans who have never traveled to another country in their entire life? I live abroad and I certainly hear enough of my fellow Americans whining. "That's not how we do it in the USA." Or " these people don't make sense."

Americans love to judge. Worse still we like to send our military into other countries just because we can. We love sticking our noses into other people's business. We judge left and right.
I can confidently say we do not judge. We simply don't. To pretend like Americans remotely match the ridiculous, outrageous, ignorant anti-Americanism dished out by other nationalities is silly.

I just got done scrolling through Tweet after Tweet from foreign nationals, hoping for America's downfall, for the destruction of it's cities, cheering on various riots, calling Americans "horrible, pigs, animals, degenerates, racists, c****" with zero provocation...I have never seen such utter bile directed at other countries by Americans.

I think Americans, from my experience, are the least likely to invoke the made-up lines you quoted. From my experience, Americans always gush over Europe, fawn over accents, compliment endlessly, and self-deprecate incessantly.

Stop playing the "whatabout" game whenever an American points out anti-Americanism. Americans live in a superpower. It is an utter lie to pretend they spend time obsessing over other countries as much as insecure foreign nationals spend time obsessing over us. I know you want to make things all fuzzy and equable, but cut the crap.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:33 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I'll make my usual comment.

Anytime someone from another country talks about how racist America is, just remind them which direction the immigrants are flowing.

Which only proves the need for $$$ makes people overlook many other things.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Are you saying what is happening before our eyes is not happening?

America's image has plummeted internationally as most people in other countries have watched in horror at the Trump administration's poor handling of our public health crisis, the President's autocratic leanings and his active exacerbation of racial tensions and promotion of white nationalism in our country.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2...y-has-handled-

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2...hile-views-of-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/global 2020 /polls show sour views -of- race- relations -in USA

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/08...-lives-matter/

It matters.
This vindicates everything I said.

You throw out erroneous, negativistic statements about America's "public health crisis", presumably in regards to COVID, which has killed very few Americans, per capita, relative to other countries.

You keep on erroneously accusing Trump of having "autocratic leanings" - the left has more blatant autocratic elements than the right in this country does. He's pretty anti-war, respects the right to bear arms, and doesn't jump in with mob violence, for one. That's pretty anti-autocratic. I shouldn't have even wasted my time addressing that point.

What on earth are you talking about? "Promotion of white nationalism" - the people who are exacerbating racial tensions are the ones that have stoked out of control hysteria in hopes of taking Trump down - "racist! white supremacist! nazi!" Immature, emotional individuals like yourself start seeing white supremacists everywhere you look, and when you inevitably don't find them, you make them up.

Last edited by whinendine; 09-28-2020 at 05:01 AM..

Old 09-28-2020, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
"Hispanic" isn't real, and even if it were real, they don't count as people of colour or a minority.

Well that's what I learned on this forum this week.

You will have to re-do your stats. While you are at it, you should probably do some research on the multi cultural status of England, Canada and Australia. You are woefully ill-informed.
Hispanic is absolutely an ethnic category, which is why we have it on our census. I suggest you do some research.

Mestizos are themselves a racial caste.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, Americans often feel entitled to lecture other countries on their affairs, often with respect to civil liberties, freedoms, and opportunities. Why would you be surprised that people of other nations would return the favor?
ARE YOU GODDAMN KIDDING ME? No they don't! You're trying to gaslight on this?

Americans live in a superpower that dominates global news. They do not give a good god damn about what's going on in other countries. You NEVER see Americans obsessing over other countries affairs, with respect to civil liberties, freedom, and opportunities. Never. Ever. Like, ever.

Americans don't do embarrassing, attention-seeking crap like "Operation Clark County". Case in point. Literally no one in America cares about any other countries affairs.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
So this thread is REALLY about American posters bashing other countries. Considering the thread title, that’s irony indeed.
I think this quite encapsulates the fragile insecurity and arrogance of other nationalities. A single thread to point out the hypocrisy of incessant anti-American insults and criticisms elicits "wah, why are Americans so mean" almost immediately. Grow the hell up.

No one was bashing any other country here, and if we were, so what? America gets bashed on the internet every day, everywhere. Grow up.

The way you people refuse to take criticisms and throw fits when Americans barb you after your unprovoked attacks on America, you people would be in an utter rage reading the kind of utterly bigoted nonsense that people like you routinely aim at Americans - every. day.

Last edited by whinendine; 09-28-2020 at 05:03 AM..

Old 09-28-2020, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Donno.
I hail from country that was as multicultural, as it goes. 136 languages, to start with. With according cultures.
We had many foreigners, from all over the world/races, to come and study or, work in our country.
We had zero racism. As in - none. To me, finding all this mess in the US was a major surprise. I am pretty sure that, what you refer to, describing those other countries, is mostly propaganda, you listened to here. Way far from there reality.

I'll add to this one thing. Since 1993 in the US, I have witnessed not a single case of "racism". None. I have very good buddy, who is black. Well set professional, who was never restricted in ANY manner in his education or work. I worked in 5 states, including 2 commonly referred to, as racist - TN and AL. Zero racism observed. Heck, our territory manager in AL was black guy. NO ONE prevented him from getting into that position.

I have black neighbor and we are good pals. My son's best buddy for years was black guy, who became family friend.

Donno. I can only say one thing - WTH are you all talking about? Don't you see, that you are had for suckers and unleashed at each other by those in interest?

As, per comparison, maybe we can say, how it can be, when media and ruling class does NOT instill racism into masses? Is that reason, good enough? Remember, fish always starts rotting from head.
The UK is not multiracial. Sorry. It's not remotely as multiracial, nor is it remotely as multicultural. It's 80% white British.

You have always been lily-white compared to the US. The arrival of black American GI's to your shores in the 1940s was a novelty sight. Like, you can't remotely compare.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Except, it is NOT those "nations" criticizing the U.S. it is in fact only some individuals.

Now; juxtapose that in comparison to Trump very publicly disparaging other nations routinely, using a plethora of lies. Which party should have the greater right to feel "annoyed" - those other nations on the receiving end of a President representing you insulting them, or the one the O/P lives in that's currently in the throes of violent racial strife thereby proving the points made by some individuals living in other countries.

We'll wait patiently for a relevant, logical and factual rejoinder.
Why should we feel bad about Trump occasionally disparaging other nations when we know those nations routinely disparage us, to a far greater extent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies