Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 03:02 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,065,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
i think we should get rid of the stupid ****ing masks and then we wont have these stupid problems. they were more likely to die in a plane crash than actually get sick from covid.
Let's do the math. 200,000 Americans dead from Covid. In 2019, there were 86 recorded accidents around the world, eight of which were fatal. Hmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 03:11 PM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Everyone is ignoring the FA telling the Indian couple they will be put on the No Fly list if they don't hurry up and finish their food.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
That story is way too opaque without video or knowing the people personally.

No comment.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Everyone is ignoring the FA telling the Indian couple they will be put on the No Fly list if they don't hurry up and finish their food.
Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh....I don’t know about that. A flight attendant saying that? Without a video, I don’t believe it.

Indians by and large don’t like black people and are acknowledged as pretty much the most racist ethnic group on the planet. So that must be taken into account.

The story is apocryphal, but that’s as far as I’ll go. If it’s true, it’s clearly racist and the flight attendant should be fired immediately.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:30 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh....I don’t know about that. A flight attendant saying that? Without a video, I don’t believe it.

Indians by and large don’t like black people and are acknowledged as pretty much the most racist ethnic group on the planet. So that must be taken into account.

The story is apocryphal, but that’s as far as I’ll go. If it’s true, it’s clearly racist and the flight attendant should be fired immediately.
Don’t know if the Indian couple acted or said anything racist either, that said, without a video It is a he said / she said situation.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Don’t know if the Indian couple acted or said anything racist either, that said, without a video It is a he said / she said situation.
I doubt the Indian couple said anything racist, but knowing Indians like I do, they didn’t take kindly to being told to do ANYTHING by someone who is black. They can take enough abuse from others to kill them as long as it comes from fellow Indians or white people. They despise black people so much that it all has to be called into question.

You’re right. He said she said.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:52 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I've never once heard anything at all about Indians not liking black people. They strike me as nice polite people that tend to keep to themselves and don't get involved in anything controversial or whatever.

They seem to value family and education. My take, but whatever.

I've seen my share of white trash wife beater wearing redneck that can't manage more than 50 different words in their ability to communicate.

I'm sure Indian folks have their equivalent, I just haven't seen it for myself.

This FA probably didn't like the smell of that good ass food.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've never once heard anything at all about Indians not liking black people. They strike me as nice polite people that tend to keep to themselves and don't get involved in anything controversial or whatever.

They seem to value family and education. My take, but whatever.

I've seen my share of white trash wife beater wearing redneck that can't manage more than 50 different words in their ability to communicate.

I'm sure Indian folks have their equivalent, I just haven't seen it for myself.

This FA probably didn't like the smell of that good ass food.
Indians are as nice as every other group, and just as mean and nasty too. Yeah, they value family and education, but so what? Who doesn’t?

As for the smell of Indian food; ehhhh, that’s highly debatable. As good as some of it smells, some of it is downright pungent enough to knock an elephant on its ass. And I love Indian food myself.

Again, no video, so no real opinion can be formed.

Old 09-26-2020, 04:02 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I know this Indian couple (both raised in India but have lived in Silicon Valley since 2015) who had an incident on a 6 hour flight from San Francisco to Orlando. They took their own Indian food to eat on the flight and the policy allowed them to remove their masks to eat. While they were eating their Indian food, an African American flight attendant came up to them and told them that they were eating too slowly and they better finish up their food NOW and put their masks back on their nose or they would be put on the no fly list. She was quite loud and intimidating so they put their food away for the rest of the flight and only took their mask off briefly to sip water once an hour or so and did that when she was on the other end of the plane. Meanwhile, the other passengers were nibbling away on their own snacks. Do you think the flight attendant targeted them for being Indian and bringing Indian food? I think that was a part of it but like most Indians, they don't want to make waves.
I don't default to racism and having only heard one side of the story, I cannot make a judgment.

However, having grown up in a mostly Black neighborhood with almost exclusively Indian owners, there as no love lost between the two races - at least in my small ecosystem.

So, I would not be surprised if there were some cultural and/or racial motivations in their interactions.

Old 09-26-2020, 04:05 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times
A Facebook post... probably bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies