Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 09:00 PM

1,173 posts, read 549,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
The president of the United States refused to condemn white supremacists.
Joe bob didn’t condemn Antifa or BLM. Please explain the difference ?

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The next one is Pence and Harris... And then the last debate? Whoever is the moderator for the last debate drew the short straw ...
I was talking about next presidential debate. The VP debate I dunno I would have to look it up again.

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
The president of the United States refused to condemn white supremacists.
The other candidate refused to condemn domestic terrorists.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:01 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
CBS poll (not biased at all of course) says 48% think Biden won, 41% Trump. More than 80% thought the debate was negative.
Who are these 20% who didn’t think it was negative? I want to know what shred of positivity they were able to find in that 90 minute dumpster fire.

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
As to the poll question, it depends on how we're defining "won". Biden swayed more fence sitters than Trump did.

There is absolutely no point to any more shouting matches between these two. Pence/Harris should be more interesting and more enlightening.

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
For those that is saying Biden won, did we watch same debate? it's very clear that Biden couldn't keep up with Trump. I will be shocked if we see Biden for the next 2-3 weeks as he is recovering from this.

I am not exactly sure which side you are on you have mixed messages on that. But Biden is in serious trouble now. Sure hard core Democrats will not see that obvious. Biden really stained just to remember what he was suppose to say. Trump attacked and he had no comeback. Trump might have acted like a 5 year old at times. But Biden acted every bit of 77 years old.

9,434 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Biden did better than expected but didn’t really say anything and it’s always easier to debate when the moderator helps. But I’m voting for Trump. I just wish he would be better at articulating some points.
With you 100%. I know and approve of what he is doing in office, and he has some major accomplishments. I was actually hoping that he would moderate himself for this debate. All he had to do was counter anything Joe said with what he (Trump) has actually accomplished on any given topic. But I blame the left for his demeanor. He is given credit for NOTHING and they have been out to get him since day one. No wonder he is so defensive. But I knew he wasn't going to be 'same ole, same ole' when I voted for him.
I also think Biden did better than I expected, but he does appear weak IMO.

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Biden did not answer the question of packing the court.. he will do that and many other things to keep the power and create a one party Communist system.. the media is almost there with a totalitarian one sided bias against all Repulicans and then they will take the guns and take away religous liberty. It is now in the making if Biden gets in.. anyone denying what I say is blind or stupid or both.
As usual ... Biden avoided all the tough questions .... he did get tricked into saying he did not support The Green New Deal. The Leftists will crucify him for that. He refused to say whether he would Pack the US Supreme Court or End the Senate Filibusters.
Simple questions he REFUSED to answer.

Funny that Biden could not name a single Law Enforcement organization in the USA that supports him.

No wonder.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I knew I was going to vote for anyone who opposed Trump since 3 years ago.

But I must say, I thought Biden would show up as a doddering old man who would barely be able to put a few sentences together.

I was shocked. Although I've known I would vote for Biden, I didn't imagine he'd actually WIN this debate tonight.

Anyone else surprised that Biden brought his A game tonight? So pleasantly surprised.

3,827 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Yes and entertaining at the same time.

Biden had his fare share of arguing. The democrats originally set up the idea that the election would be rigged....read back a few weeks about voting by mail.
BIden also lied numerous times this evening. Yes controlled burns DO HELP....being in the PNW you would know this.
Maybe your the one that doesn't understand what Trump means by forest management. They don't want controlled burns they want to use this as an excuse to log more forests. When it's been proven that the fires that spread the most happen in newer planted forest rather than older forests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies