Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 09:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wallace set up Trump with a lot of easy layups against Biden with the way he phrased a lot of the questions, but Trump never once capitalized. He came off as petulant, argumentative and completely unhinged. Biden had his typical speaking ticks, but under the barrage of insults, attacks and constant interruptions, was still able to pretty clearly show he was the only adult in the room.

Also, the big story was Trump's refusal to condemn white supremacists and instead telling them to "stand by" was jaw dropping even for a man who has stoked racism since he opened his campaign in 2015.

Wallace was terrible as a moderator, but mostly because he seemed feckless against Trump's nonsense. Overall, it was an incredible embarrassment for a US president and for America.
Yeah, Trump shined because he didn't lie like Biden and Biden was losing it calling Trump a clown... Biden looked unhinged... and he is so old.. it will be Kamala Harris that you are voting for.

16 posts, read 4,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I’m planning on voting for Trump, but I’m saying Biden won. All Trump had to do was shut the hell up and let Biden show how weak he is, but he couldn’t do it. That’s going to turn a lot of people who were undecided against him. He came across as a petulant bully with diarrhea of the mouth. He missed opportunities to talk about the good stuff he’s done, and he neglected to say a handful of simple words condemning white supremacists.

Biden wasn’t as discombobulated as I expected. He lied, many times. He has no real plan. And he still came across better than Trump. Kills me to say it, but that’s what I saw.

Biden did not lie at all.

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The biggest zinger to me was when Trump asked Biden to name one police group who supported him and Biden had nothing. Trump attacked Hunter Biden's various business dealings and Biden had nothing.
Biden cannot because the police groups don't want to be held accountable. They know there is a good number of bad apples as Biden called them (I personally call them scumbags) will be tried and possibly found guilty. They don't want that for whatever reason. I don't get it. And let me just say in my job I have had to make three separate statements to deal with allegations made against me, one being an a formal complaint. My supervisor knew it was total utter bunk. You know why, because we do the best we can in our program which is known for weird and unfounded stories. But I am glad we have that process because there ARE bad educators who date if not abuse students. I haven't known any luckily.

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The Proud Boys aren’t a white supremacist group. And why wasn’t Biden asked to condemn BLM? The Proud Boys have not destroyed one building or harmed anyone. The BLM protests have caused billions of dollars in damages around the country and some leaders have said looting is reparations and property damage isn’t that important because they have insurance. Why wasn’t Biden called out on that?
Coulda fooled me.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam.../#c4dd3a4654a1

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
I’m planning on voting for Trump, but I’m saying Biden won. All Trump had to do was shut the hell up and let Biden show how weak he is, but he couldn’t do it. That’s going to turn a lot of people who were undecided against him. He came across as a petulant bully with diarrhea of the mouth. He missed opportunities to talk about the good stuff he’s done, and he neglected to say a handful of simple words condemning white supremacists.

Biden wasn’t as discombobulated as I expected. He lied, many times. He has no real plan. And he still came across better than Trump. Kills me to say it, but that’s what I saw.
Trump was debating directly towards his core base. The point of the debates is to try and expand the base. Trump didn't even try to do that. It was all the same talking points he uses at all of his rallies. He absolutely damaged his position with moderates and independents.

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
So 11% are undecided?
Perhaps 11% thought it was a tie or thought nobody won

Old 09-29-2020, 09:12 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermitthefrog99 View Post
no Biden did not lie I believe Biden when he says that Trump said that about the soldiers.
Trump did not say that. Biden is a thug who has helped to destroy nations. He is ruthless.

1,514 posts, read 890,913 times
This debate was a glaring example of why Trump needs to be voted out come November.

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:

Trump's debate style was exactly the same in 2016 with Hilary. And he still won.

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Trump should go full Fujumori on antifa and similar domestic terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies