Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 06:49 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
He also told Trump to shut up.
Wow... I didn't watch but I just can't see anyone voting for Biden.

Assuming he was in full control that means he is trying to pretend he is like Trump to get votes.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:50 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Typical blame the other guy
That's what Trump does, and they pretty much say and repeat everything he say.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:50 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are so partisan that you have kicked logic to the curb.

Trump could have just used them instead of publicly asking for a new rule where you can't use them and a 3rd party checks the ears of both to make sure that it isn't being used.

Biden's deputy campaign manager called the request to check for devices "absurd."

Biden chose to not allow checks for devices. Why? It is on him at that point.
Yup totally "absurd". Till now, when Trump found to be hiding something under his 70K hair style.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:51 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
It must be really hard to be a Trump follower as they all suffer from something terrible. Last night it is clear that dear Lord completely lost it and it is his own fault. But his followers prove again why he is still the master. Look at the number of threads this morning with excuses I am sure if Trump himself (and he will on Tweeter today) tried hard he couldn't find that many If no one else's it must be moderator's fault or some other lefty but it's never Trump's fault even when the topic is about Trump's own words
I'm a "Trump supporter" and make no excuses for his poor performance last night. He lost an opportunity to moderate himself and answer questions by enumerating his successes. For the life of me I cannot understand why someone in his administration does not take him aside and persuade him to change his tack. (I know, T does what he wants...but that isn't gonna cut it....especially in a 2nd debate). I cannot in good conscience NOT vote for Trump, because I believe he has done a lot of good for our country, and if stay home, that's a vote for Biden. If the democrats had been smart, they would have advanced someone else. People who might now be turned off by Trump are not going to vote for Biden, the doddering old man, simply because he does not appear up for the job. And if he strokes out, then 'guess who' is your president??? I wouldn't vote for her if she was the last woman on earth.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the world. Yes but so was Biden - he should have retired years ago

Donald Trump has no accomplishments to run on Wrong, Trump has gotten some pretty good things done. Border security, Peace breaking out in middle east, new trade deals written, tough approach with China produced some benefits, stock market has done well, economy did well until the blue state democrats (mostly) locked down their economies 6 months ago and have kept too many restrictions in place. And he would have gotten a lot more done if the democrats had made a civil attempt to work with him.

and no plan for the next 4 years. What is Biden's plan? Antother Obama administration,
return of the swamp, only with a communist as VP?

Donald Trump just repeated hearsay, lies and social media posts in the debate. Nah

Joe Biden won this debate, hands down.No, he really didn't. Neither guy was good, but Biden brought absolutely nothing to the table.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:52 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
How do you feel about millions of babies being aborted? The COVID death numbers are exaggerated regardless of what they left says they are.
I feel like that is the result of private healthcare decisions between women and their doctors. No one else needs to be involved unless invited to comment.

Covid death statistics are probably low because of the delay in being able to provide adequate testing.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the world. Donald Trump has no accomplishments to run on and no plan for the next 4 years. Donald Trump just repeated hearsay, lies and social media posts in the debate. Joe Biden won this debate, hands down.
The list of accomplishments is so long it would be pages and pages . Trump sits down with people and finds the problems and then finds ways to help Americans , all Americans . Taking off government regulations so industry here can grow..
the Biden's of the world want to strangle America with regulations so they can send jobs over to other countries because there would be no incentive to have a company that could not make a profit here . That is why Trump helped small business owners to advance.. from blacks, hispanics to all Americans who wanted to open a business and be a success to create their American dream. Not sitting on welfare waiting for a government crumb.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:53 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Trump is arrogant, rude, condescending, and insulting.

He directs that at the exact people who need all of those things thrown at them. That's why we like him.

Biden trying to do the same thing didn't bother me one bit.

It made me laugh at how pathetic he was to try to "be like Trump". Idiot. Get your own gig, don't copy someone else thinking it will work out the same way for you.

Nonetheless, I eagerly await those on the left who are typical hypocrites, to come and start being hypocritical, because that will only add to the hilarity and how pathetic the Dems are.
The only one name calling and losing their cool was Biden.

When was the last time a candidate called the president "stupid", "a clown", "shut up", ect in a debate?

The left talks about Trump demeaning others- the only one doing that was Biden and he looked off his rocker and out of control. Trump EASILY got under his skin and he lost it.

Wallace tried to save Biden on MULTIPLE instances with interruptions of Trump 76 times, compared to 15 for Biden. Trump had to put Wallace in his place and clearly got under Wallace's skin.

Trump is a fighter, can speak well on his feet without an earpiece (he was debating the DNC, not Biden), and can debate a candidate and a moderator at the same time and make both look like idiots.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:55 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Interesting when Biden interrupted Trump the weasel never chastised Biden...yea right an unbiased moderator!
Trump worked out after just a few questions from Wallace that he was going to have to debate both Biden & Wallace. The format was poor .... a 2 minute reply, then rebuttals by the Opponent .... no reply to the rebuttal allowed to Trump. Wallace took “ time back” to stop Trump from talking several times when he attempted to rebut.... so Trump gave up instead of calling Wallace on it.
Whole thing was a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
They all did poorly. I think the moderator did a poor job. While I can't put my finger on it his questions seemed leading and it seemed like he had an agenda. I would like a moderator that was more neutral.

The whole thing was a train wreck and each has a roll to play in that.
The questions to Trump came right out of the Leftists talking points. Wallace did ask Biden a view good questions - but never got answers and let Biden go completely off base. It was really Trumps interruptions that got any answers from Biden. His remarks about not supporting the Green New Deal was Big News ... Harris cosponsored That Bill. Biden also threw Bernie under the bus on their Manifesto agreement. That all came out because of Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Wallace was unprofessional. His bias was showing.
I really thought Wallace would play it pretty straight despite his well known dislike of Trump.
A blatantly Biased Moderator doesn’t fare well in the long term ... Candy Crowley & Megan Kelly learned that lesson ... as did the former Moderators from NBC, MSNBC, PBS, CBS, ABC, CNN.

Walllace should never be allowed to Moderate again, not because of his Bias ... but because he failed to hide his Bias AND he could not control the Debate. He may live to regret his actions. He has a guest list to fill every Sunday and he not the only game in town.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevv View Post
It could possibly mean no direct tax increase to the less than $300k citizens, but if corporate rate goes up, it affects the price of the products. Price of the products are paid by the consumer so becomes a pass through tax. That affects the less than $300k earner.
The statutory tax rate is meaningless. What matters is the effective tax rate which depends on the tax code.

The statutory corporate tax rate was at the highest point in 1968-9 at 52.8%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies