Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 08:09 AM

89,010 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No it doesn't. Perhaps you don't understand the difference of the green new deal and Biden's plan.
Biden's website absolutely says his plan is based on the Green New Deal. They're going to have to remove that since Biden no longer supports it. That also casts a huge shadow of doubt on his "plan." If he doesn't support the admitted basis of his "plan," there's no way anyone can believe he actually supports his "plan."

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I heard on a podcast that the most-audited county in the U.S. is poverty-level mostly black country in Mississippi. Especially since Trump made sure resources were removed from the IRS, so they are now a handicapped agency, and his new lower tax rates were an enormous gift to the wealthy people and wealthy corporations..it's not that easy for the IRS to go after the rich crooks. Much easier to go after the nearly destitute "cheaters" whose tax irregularities usually turned out to be honest mistakes due to lack of knowledge.

Nor does the IRS have the legal resources to fight a wealthy individual for over a decade as Trump is doing with a truckload of lawyers. They simply cannot do it. Trump returns apparently had some of the most egregious tax dodges ever seen and most likely the largest amounts in terms of write-offs, etc.

Mark Cohen has repeated over and over that Trump used the common ploy of over-inflating the value of his assets when he needed a loan, and vastly under-estimating the value of properties and assets for tax purposes. Now that is not legal to my knowledge.
The $750 figure came from the amount Trump sent in with his return. He overpaid by 1 million in 2016 and 4.2 million in 2017. These amounts weren't refunded. They were rolled forward for future years. So yeah, Trump paid millions in taxes in 2016 and 2017.
He about made Joe shat himself when he pointed out that he was able to take the deductions etc because of Obama's tax policies.

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Both are corrupt. I don't want either as my president, Biden won because Wallace protected him. He's senile, it's very obvious.
Yes. I was not happy to see how much they were protecting him.

I remain concerned that he doesn't really want it, but rather once he gets elected he will come up with an excuse to hand it over to Harris.

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Jewish media in Israel is not happy with Trump’s response about Proud Boys.

On the flip side, Proud Boys is delighted with Trump’s response.
Yep, they really are delighted with our President. White supremacists and other terrorist groups such as the Proud Boys took to social media to celebrate last night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...g-celebration/

Quote:
...laudatory images spread with particular speed on the conservative social media site Parler and also channels on the encrypted chat app Telegram, according to researchers. One prominent Proud Boys supporter on Parler said Trump appeared to give permission for attacks on protesters, adding that “this makes me so happy.”
Quote:
The comments almost instantly got enshrined in memes, including one depicting Trump in one of the Proud Boys’ signature polo shirts. Another meme showed Trump’s quote alongside an image of bearded men carrying American flags and appearing to prepare for a fight.
Quote:
On 4chan, a supporter wrote, “STAND BACK AND STAND BY … SOMEONE HAS TO STOP THESE FAR LEFT RIOTERS".
The executive director of SITE ---SITE Intelligence Group which tracks far-right groups-- said, " Trump legitimized them in a way that nobody in the community expected. It’s unbelievable. The celebration is incredible. In my 20 years of tracking terrorism and extremism, I never thought I’d see anything like this from a U.S. president.”

IMO not all Trump supporters are neo-Nazis, but all neo-Nazis are Trump supporters. Not something to be proud of, Mr. President.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-30-2020 at 08:26 AM..

Old 09-30-2020, 08:10 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Here's the deal

Insert Gibberish here

Old 09-30-2020, 08:11 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Dignity

Biden 98 Trump 0

Old 09-30-2020, 08:11 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,088,896 times
It was a sad excuse for a “debate”. Trump was gruff, humorless, Biden acted and sounded like a pandering old woman. The problem with voting for Biden is a lady named Harris...

Old 09-30-2020, 08:12 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Forgot that- told Trump to "shut up" twice. Also said "he won't shut up".

Biden is clearly not emotionally stable and is the last person in the world we want holding the nuclear football. He was VERY unpresidential and was the one calling names, not Trump.

I do not recall a more childish, emotionally labile candidate in my lifetime. He would be VERY DANGEROUS in a leadership role, as he cannot control his emotions.
And Trump, the name-calling person who speaks of and to others in the most demeaning and derogatory manner, CAN? The characterization of Biden as a "childish" candidate has to be the greatest projection of Trump's entire persona ever written.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:12 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,088,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Dignity

Biden 98 Trump 0
IIRC it was Biden who threw the first personal insults, neither was dignified.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:14 AM

6,102 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Biden kept his cool and didn't act like a unhinged bully. While Trump kept interrupting, babbling, and lying like always.

That might please the Trump crowd but not independents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies