Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 08:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A couple of things that matter the most this election:

1) The COVID shutdowns. Biden promised more shutdowns. That will be an economic disaster and will ruin more lives.

2) The rioting, vandalism, burning, looting, and assaults committed by the activist left, causing billions of dollars in damages to Americans' businesses and therefore their livelihoods. Not one single law enforcement organization endorses Biden.

Biden has insurmountable flaws.
The shutdowns saved lives. Yes we had more addiction (no debate here), more divorce (of people that weren't compatible or were compatible enough prior to being locked together) and abuse (no debate here). Unfortunately there is no perfect answer and until we have herd immunity whether by vaccine or natural, we will need to consider shutdowns to prevent preventable death.

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If I'm an independent and I see Trump ranting, interrupting, being all unhinged why would I vote for that nonsense?

3,576 posts, read 2,198,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m watching Biden’s train station speech right now and all I’m hearing is him denouncing Trump. No policy. No ideas. He stopped talking as a train went by and said “that’s the train that Donald Trump wants to kill off” then quickly corrected himself and says “oh, that’s a commuter train”. What a dolt. His voice sounds weird too, like his tongue is still asleep.
I am watching too, it is boring, repeating same things as always..no new stuff. Biden needs to stay home. He is boring. It’s hard to stay awake when he talks .

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Here is the problem. Trump needs to win over independents to win. His bullying tactics aren't going to do that. He could have slaughtered Biden, by just following the debate rules. By just counting to 10 a few times. But, no, he had to act like a buffoon and a bully. His behavior and antics were huge turnoffs to many people.

He even had some good moments. But those were lost in his behavior. If any of the future debates happen, he should first apologize to America for last nights behavior and then make the case for why he would be better. His case is better. But at this point, he is not.

cd :O)
Well said....All Biden needs to do is be present and not change the directory of the election....he missed some shots...but who cares...other that than the Trump base.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If Biden thinks the Green New Deal is problematic, and clearly he does because he says he doesn't support it, why does his website specifically tout the Green New Deal? Seems Biden is going in one direction and his campaign is clearly going in another. Biden has no clue what's going on, even in his own campaign.

Show us where. Copy and paste the statement here with the accompanying link.

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Dignity

Biden 98 Trump 0
More like 0 to 0. Neither of them were dignified. Both of them were rude to each other and to the moderator. I support Trump because of his policies, but last night, I kept wishing he'd just put a cork in it and wait to take his turn. Though, Joe "Will You Shut Up, Man?" Biden was hardly any better.

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
"Shut up, man".
That's what we were all yelling at Trump through the TV screen. I wished I could have gone up and slapped the little baby.

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes. I was not happy to see how much they were protecting him.

I remain concerned that he doesn't really want it, but rather once he gets elected he will come up with an excuse to hand it over to Harris.
This. The debate was a disaster. But Trump was horrible. I envision Biden working a few months and resigning, then Harris becoming president. I hate them both, but Biden is at least a human being. The debate cinched it for me. I'll vote for Biden and cry my eyes out while doing it

Old 09-30-2020, 08:36 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The only one name calling and losing their cool was Biden.

When was the last time a candidate called the president "stupid", "a clown", "shut up", ect in a debate?

The left talks about Trump demeaning others- the only one doing that was Biden and he looked off his rocker and out of control. Trump EASILY got under his skin and he lost it.

Wallace tried to save Biden on MULTIPLE instances with interruptions of Trump 76 times, compared to 15 for Biden. Trump had to put Wallace in his place and clearly got under Wallace's skin.

Trump is a fighter, can speak well on his feet without an earpiece (he was debating the DNC, not Biden), and can debate a candidate and a moderator at the same time and make both look like idiots.
Maybe you should re-read my post again. I'm not sure why you're telling me this, I already know this.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:36 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Chris Wallace : “Are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists?”

Trump: “Sure, I'm willing to do that."

What we didn't see was Biden condemn Antifa...he instead deflected and said its an idea not an org. What a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies