Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:35 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
There's no truth to the allegations, which Trump & minions have propagated. The Biden campaign did not refuse to consent to an inspection for an earpiece ahead of the debate and the debate commission says the same.

I for one am getting sick and tired of all the poop that is meant as a distraction from the inadequacies and failures of our POTUS. Last night's antics revealed Trump's absolute disrespect for the American people as he deliberately and intentionally created chaos and confusion to avoid real debate. Clearly a calculated strategy to make his opponent look bad and instead Trump illustrated his own mental deficiencies. He was out of control and unhinged. At times ranting incoherently while his opponent was attempting to answer questions. And today his usual apologists rush to defend the indefensible with the same old bread and circuses that are no excuse for the behavior of their candidate.

I don't believe I am alone in my irritation at the childish school yard junk that Trump and his campaign utilizes. Rumor mongering and smearing innuendos pre debate. Phoney- baloney excuses for the President's bald-faced lies and mind-boggling blame shifting during the debate. Post-debate whining and crying of foul play because Trump was respectfully and repeatedly asked to abide by the rules of debate and decency by a moderator whose job indeed it is to ask the questions and moderate. Geez, Trump and friends seem to mock anyone who does their job. Could it be due to the fact they have a candidate who doesn't do his? You know the one he is constantly campaigning for but fails to comprehend or perform.

Trump is losing, everyone knows it, including Trump himself. He looked and acted like one, last evening.
Trump is an odious sick man. A loser. Americans deserve better.
Biden and the commission have denied that Biden agreed to the request and then backed out. However, Trump did ask to have a 3rd party check for ear pieces and Team Biden did not accept it.

It was out there. All Biden had to do was agree to it and both would have subjected themselves to a check for earpieces.

https://heavy.com/news/joe-biden-earpiece-ear-piece/

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09...estions-978730

I agree that Trump is losing the election, but it is silly that you are irritated that right uses conspiracy theories and think it all comes from one direction when all we heard for 4 years was Russiagate among many other hoaxes and other conspiracy theories surrounding Trump.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:38 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
And you think Biden is the better answer?
Yes. Biden is the best answer to restore decency and democracy to our government. To a government that strives to work for all of us, instead of a select few.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A couple of things that matter the most this election:

1) The COVID shutdowns. Biden promised more shutdowns. That will be an economic disaster and will ruin more lives.

2) The rioting, vandalism, burning, looting, and assaults committed by the activist left, causing billions of dollars in damages to Americans' businesses and therefore their livelihoods. Not one single law enforcement organization endorses Biden.

Biden has insurmountable flaws.
I couldn't believe he just kept saying he would just shut everything down. I can't believe either, after that so many could still say they are supporting him. Do people understand what a total shut down would mean to the country and where do we go from that shut down?

Old 09-30-2020, 09:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
He also told Trump to shut up.
Someone should of told him that long ago.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:40 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you are a life long Republican and can vote for someone as weak as Biden you must be a RINO. Did Trump bully Biden? to some degree, yes he did and we all know he has a big mouth that he needs to tape shut sometimes but if I have to choose a leader I would rather choose the person who is a bully than the person who allows him/her self to be bullied.
I respect you and your posts a lot.

I have no love for the Democrats and their illogic and lies. I believe that Democrats are destroying this nation with some of the things that they are making mainstream.

Both BSed a lot last night, but Trump did come off as an inarticulate bully. Trump missed many good chances to debunk blatant lies about him in a way that exposes the left-MSM. He also seemed to me to cross a line with some of his attacks on Biden's son in the military.

I don't think Trump did himself any favors with the independents in the middle.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:41 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't understand why people make blanket statements about what other people think. Debates do indeed change people's minds. I dislike both candidates and wasn't voting for either, but I hadn't decided whether to vote third party or not at all. I watched the debate and was so disgusted by Trump's behavior I'm voting for Biden. I'm also in Texas, potentially (though unlikely) a swing state this election.
You weren’t sure who you were voting for?? You just said in a post two days ago that you are a bleeding heart liberal, and that you support progressive policies (and Sanders and Warren). I find it hard to believe that a far-left progressive such as you were considering voting for the Republican.
The liberal agenda for Debate 1 is to convince independents to think the debate was Orange Man Bad.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
We just saw the President of the United States act like a complete mad man in the most important event of the election. And his supporters think that was just great. What an amazingly sad time in our country's history this is for most of us.
OMG, if you really think this was the most important event of this or any other election I would have to question how much you know about politics and elections?

Old 09-30-2020, 09:48 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
After this debate, it's clear that Biden got no chances of being a president. He just kept rambling without being able to make any full and clear sentences without his teleprompter. President Trump on the other hand was presidential, very clear in what he did was for this country and will be doing.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you are a life long Republican and can vote for someone as weak as Biden you must be a RINO. Did Trump bully Biden? to some degree, yes he did and we all know he has a big mouth that he needs to tape shut sometimes but if I have to choose a leader I would rather choose the person who is a bully than the person who allows him/her self to be bullied.
No one allows him or herself to be bullied. As for last night, Biden did fight back. And so did Chris Wallace. Why would you choose a bully, anyway? Especially one who lies.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
After this debate, it's clear that Biden got no chances of being a president. He just kept rambling without being able to make any full and clear sentences without his teleprompter. President Trump on the other hand was presidential, very clear in what he did was for this country and will be doing.
If that behavior struck you as "presidential" then all your perceptions become questionable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies