Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 12:00 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Actually I was pointing out that, even without preparation, Trump came out slightly ahead, while Biden prepared for a solid week and still couldn't put on as substantive a presentation.

If Biden had only done as much prep as Trump did (little or none), how would he have fared?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think Trump did come out ahead. So his lack of preparation hurt him. That's my analysis, anyway.
So, apparently you don't want to answer the question?

Old 09-30-2020, 12:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
That's what I got out of that debate too. It makes me question why Trump took the mental acuity test. Is that given routinely to presidents, or do his own doctors think he's mentally unstable?
I asked my doctor that and she said 'no, it's not routine, it's only conducted when the doctor thinks you have some level of impairment' (and no, I didn't have to take it)

Old 09-30-2020, 12:03 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
At one point while Biden was talking, his left eye closed for a few seconds. I was getting worried that something was going wrong. I looked at his mouth and it looked like the corner on the same side as his closed eye seemed to not move like the opposite corner. I was starting to wonder if he was about to have a stroke or something.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Actually I was pointing out that, even without preparation, Trump came out slightly ahead, while Biden prepared for a solid week and still couldn't put on as substantive a presentation.

If Biden had only done as much prep as Trump did (little or none), how would he have fared?

When a genuine crisis occurs, a President often has little time or opportunity to prepare, especially when other things are happening at the same time (as they often are). He must respond quickly and positively.

Trump definitely showed to advantage in that area.
And how do you know how much time Trump spent prepping for the debate?

Old 09-30-2020, 12:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Biden and the commission have denied that Biden agreed to the request and then backed out. However, Trump did ask to have a 3rd party check for ear pieces and Team Biden did not accept it.

It was out there. All Biden had to do was agree to it and both would have subjected themselves to a check for earpieces.

https://heavy.com/news/joe-biden-earpiece-ear-piece/

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09...estions-978730

I agree that Trump is losing the election, but it is silly that you are irritated that right uses conspiracy theories and think it all comes from one direction when all we heard for 4 years was Russiagate among many other hoaxes and other conspiracy theories surrounding Trump.
It was a stupid request.
And Biden agreeing to it would have given it validity.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:06 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
OK, CNN just said that Trump interrupted Biden something like 120 times.

The tragedy of this is that the viewers were robbed. We got to find out nothing! Nothing informative or substantial. Trump made the debate impossible.

I think for the next debate, the Debate Commission or whatever it is called should sit down with candidates and their campaign teams and agree on the following format. If there is repeat of last night's shenanigans, and Trump has been warned, and he still continues sabatoging the debate: end the debate. That's it. It's over. They have one more chance at the third debate to actually have a substantial civil debate.

But there is no use in another debate that is a repeat of yesterday's. It was a total waste of time.

The kill-switch for the phones might also work but Trump is sure to throw a hissy fit over that too.

That's what I would do if I was involved in the debate planning. Debate in a civil manner or the debate is over.

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
"Shut up, man".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's what we were all yelling at Trump through the TV screen. I wished I could have gone up and slapped the little baby.
Oh you can say that again. Trump threw a 90 minute tantrum. Too bad Chris Wallace couldn't stand up and put the POTUS in a Time Out and tell him that the "debate" was over until he collected and controlled himself and re-committed himself to following the rules that he had previously agreed upon. And then give the floor time to Biden until Trump could show that he was worthy of being on that stage.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-30-2020 at 12:21 PM..

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Nancy Pelosi was right, Biden should NOT debate Donald Trump. Biden has nothing to gain.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:07 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
I turned it off when it was obvious just a insult battle sideshow. Yea the campaigns wouldnt agree to mike off type thing. It plays to the bases. Proud Boys cheering on Trump talking over Biden. Biden supporters send more donations seeing such evil treatment. Any actual undecideds probably decide to just stay home unless so disgusted by Trump they dont give a rats behind about Biden, just want rid of the idiot wasting air time with whatever his latest insane tweat or bald faced lie. The media eat this crap up. Its become a sideshow and easy ratings to show the funny orange man say stupid stuff.

Not a peep about Russia-gate or Hunter's international business dealings.

A mountain of corruption that never came up.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:08 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I did try listening without sound and I would describe Trump's facial expression as glowering, boorish, threatening, angry, scowling, disdainful, ugly and unpleasant.
He didn't look physically strong. He's a pear-shaped Dude with rounded shoulders who narrows down to skinny flabby legs and little feet. He walks in a thuggish threatening manner, the Sopranos thing, again he doesn't appear strong or commanding, just insecure and comical. He's kind of like a caricature of himself.

I can speak Spanish. And a lot of the telenovelas involve drug king pins. Mexicans love those shows. These guys are macho over the top thugs. So I can see how that might appeal to the Telemundo audience with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies