Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 05:10 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh my ....where are my pearls ? I need to clutch them when people disagree !!!

In other countries politicians have assaulted their political opponents and sometimes a brawl breaks out !!!

Bawling and Brawling !!!

Bawling Japanese politician who became internet sensation ...
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...rnet-sensation

Japanese politicians brawl in parliament over bill to allow ...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...o-fight-abroad
The person clutching his pearls when fellow Americans have an opposing opinion, on anything, is Donald J. Trump. Most likely his reasoning in intentionally wrecking the debate. He decided to destroy the process and succeeded with his belligerent, condescending, rude and arrogant disrespect for all who were participating--- And that includes those Americans in their homes. Period. Please give it up.

His childish performance has been condemned widely. Trump annihilated any chance of meaningful discussion, debate or thoughtful disagreement. Stop pretending that what we all saw and heard is or was acceptable or didn't happen.

Lets dispense with the twisty Trumpian Putinesque tactics. And just tell us what #step is this in the brainwashing narrative rewrite? Where on the list is blame the abused for not understanding that the destructive abuse has been given another name; and that other false name is American disagreement and it is admired and accepted around the globe; What is wrong with you Americans for opposing it; and do not ever remember that the phony rebranding, O dear leader has given his abuse, is actually what he himself, in his full demagoguery, intentionally prevented by abusing us.

Or something like that.

Please just stop.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-01-2020 at 06:12 AM..

Old 10-01-2020, 05:10 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one can handle Trump not even his own administration. He's a loose canon which is very dangerous for our country.
Yes. Being the first President in modern times to not get the United States into a war or international incident is certainly "dangerous".

Trump's a New Yorker. As a native New Yorker, I "get" him. He's brash, says what he thinks, and talks loud. I've been accused of the same when I am in a different state. Times a thousand, since I'm a woman.

I don't care at ALL what someone says. I care what someone DOES.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:17 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Here's your choice America, boiled down to the basics:

1. An obnoxious & rude businessman, who tells a lot of lies, but a blunt speaker with some charisma, who's done a pretty good job of runnning the country despite relentless opposition since the day he got in 4 years ago.

2. A boring and obviously corrupt 47 year career politiician who tells a lot of lies, who is way beyond his prime, who has no new ideas and is probably in the early stages of dementia / alzheimer's. A guy who can't keep his facts straight and who will say anything he thinks he has to, to get the votes he needs.

Not much of a choice this time around.
For #1 you left off the latest in his Bio. Impeached, un-indicted co-conspirator, tax fraud, Trump U fraud, DJT Foundation fraud, who has destroyed the greatest economy in the world.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:18 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yes. Being the first President in modern times to not get the United States into a war or international incident is certainly "dangerous".

Trump's a New Yorker. As a native New Yorker, I "get" him. He's brash, says what he thinks, and talks loud. I've been accused of the same when I am in a different state. Times a thousand, since I'm a woman.

I can so relate to what you’re saying. When I was a kid and visited my grandmother in NY, I at first thought the other girls were so mean by the way they spoke. I very soon realized that they actually very nice, and were welcoming me - a stranger - to play with them. It’s just the way they talked.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:24 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,652,793 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89c1...-pfqd&index=47

Old 10-01-2020, 05:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Here's your choice America, boiled down to the basics:

1. An obnoxious & rude businessman, who tells a lot of lies, but a blunt speaker with some charisma, who's done a pretty good job of runnning the country despite relentless opposition since the day he got in 4 years ago.

2. A boring and obviously corrupt 47 year career politiician who tells a lot of lies, who is way beyond his prime, who has no new ideas and is probably in the early stages of dementia / alzheimer's. A guy who can't keep his facts straight and who will say anything he thinks he has to, to get the votes he needs.

Not much of a choice this time around.

A better choice this time than last, IMO.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:33 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
As long as Trump is President, no one is going to win a debate by going against him.

LOL
This isn’t a debate it’s two geriatrics who are off their meds bickering at each other.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:50 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,652,793 times
No where as good as debate in 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLYHu0AG8GI

Old 10-01-2020, 06:06 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

A woman from NY is a man everywhere else.

MAGA

Old 10-01-2020, 06:14 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This isn’t a debate it’s two geriatrics who are off their meds bickering at each other.
Trump is anything but geriatric. Trump wasn't bickering. He used strategy against his opponent to expose his corruption and Chrissy played referee to keep Biden from being exposed. He's been given his orders after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies