Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 12:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Did not encourage? Certainly didn't discourage/stop either. And I'm not talking about protests, but about the rioting.
After the first night of violence Biden issued a statement denouncing all violence.

"Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not."

Old 10-04-2020, 03:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Did not encourage? Certainly didn't discourage/stop either. And I'm not talking about protests, but about the rioting.
I'm a democrat, I did not encourage violent protests or rioting, nor do I know any other democrats who did so. This is some kind of right wing myth that somehow Democrats are responsible for people protesting, rioting, looting- or if the accusation isn't that we encouraged them then we should somehow have discouraged them. Most protesters are young and not very active in politics but by all means carry on...but when you do I will remind you of the times when Republicans failed to discourage/stop violence, fair enough?

Quote:
In at least one instance where a police officer was killed during a protest, the suspect was actually aligned with a far-right extremist group. In Oakland, Air Force Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo — a member of the “boogaloo,” an online extremist group with violent views — is accused of killing a federal officer. Authorities have said he was using nearby peaceful protests as cover.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...583#blogHeader
As my mother used to say "what's good for the Goose is good for the Gander"

Old 10-04-2020, 04:39 PM

893 posts, read 510,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Anyone catch SNL debate Jim Carrey as Biden and Alec Baldwin as Trump it's up on SNL YT channel.
Yes!

Old 10-04-2020, 05:03 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Surmised beautifully.
Attached Thumbnails
*****Presidential Debate #1 Tuesday, September 29, 2020*****-20201004_185536.jpg  

Old 10-04-2020, 05:37 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm a democrat, I did not encourage violent protests or rioting, nor do I know any other democrats who did so. This is some kind of right wing myth that somehow Democrats are responsible for people protesting, rioting, looting- or if the accusation isn't that we encouraged them then we should somehow have discouraged them. Most protesters are young and not very active in politics but by all means carry on...but when you do I will remind you of the times when Republicans failed to discourage/stop violence, fair enough?

Wrong.

Your democrat "leaders", like sleepy creepy Make him shush joe say Antifa is an idea, Mostly Peaceful Protests, Sending in the National Guard is a violation of the Constitution, Portlandia +100!, Chazville, Macy's Purse-Run, ChiTown Reparations Run!, Black Lies Murder with a little Soros sprinkled in.

Happy Voting, democrats. Srsly.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:46 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Biden Negative again in a Covid test taken Sunday 10/4/2020

PCR test - which is more accurate than the rapid test.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...e-for-covid-19

Old 10-04-2020, 06:23 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Biden Negative again in a Covid test taken Sunday 10/4/2020

PCR test - which is more accurate than the rapid test.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...e-for-covid-19
PCR; of which shouldn't be utilized for testing as well.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:39 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
PCR; of which shouldn't be utilized for testing as well.

It's called a PCR test. A test is not supposed to be used for testing? Can you elaborate

Old 10-04-2020, 07:51 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

The problem is when the rioters and looters tried to burn down Seattle, Portland and cause other major destruction in other cities like Chicago, NY and others, the mayors of those cities who are suppose to lead did not, and they are all Democrats. They allowed it to happen and it was a disgrace. That's the issue.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:28 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Wrong.

Your democrat "leaders", like sleepy creepy Make him shush joe say Antifa is an idea, Mostly Peaceful Protests, Sending in the National Guard is a violation of the Constitution, Portlandia +100!, Chazville, Macy's Purse-Run, ChiTown Reparations Run!, Black Lies Murder with a little Soros sprinkled in.

Happy Voting, democrats. Srsly.

You took Biden's comment out of context, at the debate this is what he said:

Quote:
"His own FBI director said ... antifa is an idea, not an organization," Biden said, referring to President Donald Trump and FBI Director Chris Wray
and he was right.. On Sept 17th Chris Wray said the following:

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — FBI Director Chris Wray told lawmakers Thursday that antifa is an ideology, not an organization, delivering testimony that puts him at odds with President Donald Trump, who has said he would designate it a terror group.
seriously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies