Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 07:53 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This Softball Question to Kamala Blew Up in Her Face

CNN commentator Angela Rye asked Biden's running mate, who's "the best rapper alive?"

"Tupac," Harris replied.

Rye pointed out that Tupac is no longer alive, having died in 1996.

"I keep doing that," the California senator chuckled nervously while frantically scanning the room in an apparent effort to find the name of another rapper somewhere.

She couldn't think of one.

She's older - I get it... plenty of older rappers are still alive. She couldn't name one?............
I don't get it. What would bee wrong with revealing that you do not follow rap music and don't know any rappers?
That would be the case with me. I don't follow any contemporary music. Never have, even when I was in my 20's.
Seems like she could give some sort of intelligent answer to the question instead of stumbling around like she had done something wrong.
I don't like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 08:09 AM

23,577 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, that rips it for me. A woman in her fifties who can't name the best contemporary rapper of all time with split second recall is definitely unfit to run for office.

Have rappers suddenly become one of the cornerstones of conservative thought? I thought people who are descendants of slaves sort of invented rap. Wouldn't that kind of invalidate rap to y'all rather than elevating it to such high status?

Why don't reporters ever ask Trump "Who's the best rapper alive?"

I can't name a rapper myself, so I guess I'll just go kill myself now and not later.
Why don't they? Oh yeah, it was a softball question ... they don't ask him softball questions like they do Biden and Harris, even Hillary had often been asked softball questions during her campaign.

At least Trump would have been able to answer that question. He personally knows some, or many, rappers. No doubt that if the rappers, including Snoop Dogg, had been asked, pre-2015, if they considered Trump a friend they would have said yes. Many entertainers were friends of Trump, until they had to be pro-Hillary and anti-Trump so that they could appease the Left and continue getting the work. Who knows, maybe Biden had told Snoop Dogg that if he didn't vote for Hillary, back in the day, then he wasn't really black.

Old 09-26-2020, 08:12 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I don't get it. What would bee wrong with revealing that you do not follow rap music and don't know any rappers?
That would be the case with me. I don't follow any contemporary music. Never have, even when I was in my 20's.
Seems like she could give some sort of intelligent answer to the question instead of stumbling around like she had done something wrong.
I don't like her.
Because she would then come off as a member of the elite and not a woman of the people (of color)

Old 09-26-2020, 08:37 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Nobody should ever confuse Kacklin' Kamala Harris for an intelligent human being.

But damn, when you're so clueless that you can't even say "Snoop Dogg", who's on a freakin' Tostitos commercial, then you're really dumb.

It's no wonder they don't allow her to do press conferences -- she's too stupid!

Old 09-26-2020, 09:11 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This Softball Question to Kamala Blew Up in Her Face

CNN commentator Angela Rye asked Biden's running mate, who's "the best rapper alive?"

"Tupac," Harris replied.

Rye pointed out that Tupac is no longer alive, having died in 1996.

"I keep doing that," the California senator chuckled nervously while frantically scanning the room in an apparent effort to find the name of another rapper somewhere.

She couldn't think of one.

She's older - I get it... plenty of older rappers are still alive. She couldn't name one?
What the hell does that have to do with being Vice President?

If she was running for vice-president of Rhino Records, I could see where the question might be relevant.

I mention that because Kurtis Blow was on that label. You know, The Message, The Breaks (he was with Grandmaster Flash).

Old 09-26-2020, 09:26 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What the hell does that have to do with being Vice President?

If she was running for vice-president of Rhino Records, I could see where the question might be relevant.

I mention that because Kurtis Blow was on that label. You know, The Message, The Breaks (he was with Grandmaster Flash).
If you accept the theory that the CCN commentator threw a softball then it comes with the intent was to show that Senator Harris is one of us. "With us" as the Rolling Stone magazine weekly feature would say. Only being a decade younger than the candidate she didn't appreciate that back in the day there were more Pat Boone fans than Elvis fans and the same type of societal shift happened with the commentator's popular music.

Now with rappers the politician faces possible trouble because of the sexual, imagery, gangsta lyrics and even the pushing of Nation of Islam and Nations of Gods and Earths theology by members of rap royalty whose lyrics would be pulled as a weapon against a politician who named the wrong person as a favorite.

While someone on the pro side would show spiritual Uncle Snoop playing with Martha Stewart and anti side will show a video him with Suge Knight issuing a public threat at an awards ceremony back in the past

Old 09-26-2020, 09:29 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
.... But have you seen her COOL SHOES as she steps off the plane?!

Old 09-26-2020, 09:43 AM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
To identify with black culture it doesn't get any more slow and down the middle than this.

M&M's the answer, M&M...lol
The answer is that the question is a non-sequitir. There are no good rappers!

Old 09-26-2020, 09:45 AM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, that rips it for me. A woman in her fifties who can't name the best contemporary rapper of all time with split second recall is definitely unfit to run for office.

Have rappers suddenly become one of the cornerstones of conservative thought? I thought people who are descendants of slaves sort of invented rap. Wouldn't that kind of invalidate rap to y'all rather than elevating it to such high status?

Why don't reporters ever ask Trump "Who's the best rapper alive?"

I can't name a rapper myself, so I guess I'll just go kill myself now and not later.
I can't think of modern rappers. I would have to go back to Run DMC as the closest thing.
But its not just Black culture. Lots of young white kids like rappers. I just like 60s-80s music.

Old 09-26-2020, 09:46 AM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Best rapper alive? Corn Pop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies