Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should abortion be outlawed?
Yes 27 15.34%
No 149 84.66%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 05:59 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times

Advertisements

I believe it is a woman's right to choose, not the government or state. Sadly with all the free birth control, morning after pills etc. pregnancy continues to occur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 06:04 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Nope, As someone who believes in Eugenics I am all in favor of abortion, I look at WHO is getting abortions and that's how I approve of it. People I don't want having babies anyways but I do believe after your 2nd abortion you should be sterilized.
Interesting... Your views are similar to Margaret Sanger's (founder of Planned Parenthood), as Black and Hispanic women have much higher abortion rates than white women.

Abortion's Racial Gap -The Atlantic

Old 09-27-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
I thought we already covered this. In my own area There isn't one in a 10-mile radius. That's not good enough. That's not good enough to come back unwanted pregnancies.
How close is the nearest abortion clinic? Which would be easier to access for a girl/woman wishing to prevent pregnancy? The nearest Family Planning Clinic? Or the nearest abortion clinic?

Old 09-27-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
Everyone as in who? Do you mean doctors?
Everyone as in everyone. 14th Amendment Equal Protection Clause.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
It has already been defined.

If I shoot a pregnant women, I will be charged with murdering two people.

There is no 1st trimester, 2nd trimester, 3rd trimester, separation from the uterus argument.
Correct.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:23 AM

37,100 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Interesting... Your views are similar to Margaret Sanger's (founder of Planned Parenthood), as Black and Hispanic women have much higher abortion rates than white women.

Abortion's Racial Gap -The Atlantic
https://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/...ce_control.php

"I believe that the Negro question is coming definitely to the fore in America, not only because of the war, but in anticipation of the place the Negro will occupy after the peace. I think it is magnificent that we are in on the ground floor, helping Negroes to control their birth rate, to reduce their high infant and maternal death rate, to maintain better standards of health and living for those already born, and to create better opportunities for those who will be born. In other words, we're giving Negroes an opportunity to help themselves, and to rise to their own heights through education and the principles of a democracy." (MS to Lasker, July 9, 1942, MSM S21:404)"

Margaret Sanger, on abortion, in her own words:

https://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/...Doc=303569.xml

"Before going farther I wish to quote the very Reverend W. R. Inge, Dean of St. Paul’s Cathedral, London, who has written that “the real alternative to birth control is abortion.” It is an alternative that I cannot too strongly condemn. Although abortion may be resorted to in order to save the life of the mother, the practice of it merely for limitation of offspring is dangerous and vicious. I bring up the subject here only because some ill-informed persons have the notion that when we speak of birth control we include abortion as a method. We certainly do not. Abortion destroys the already fertilized ovum or the embryo; contraception, as I have carefully explained, prevents the fertilizing of the ovum by keeping the male cells away. Thus it prevents the beginning of life."

Old 09-27-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
https://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/...ce_control.php

"I believe that the Negro question is coming definitely to the fore in America, not only because of the war, but in anticipation of the place the Negro will occupy after the peace. I think it is magnificent that we are in on the ground floor, helping Negroes to control their birth rate, to reduce their high infant and maternal death rate, to maintain better standards of health and living for those already born, and to create better opportunities for those who will be born. In other words, we're giving Negroes an opportunity to help themselves, and to rise to their own heights through education and the principles of a democracy." (MS to Lasker, July 9, 1942, MSM S21:404)"

Margaret Sanger, on abortion, in her own words:

https://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/...Doc=303569.xml

"Before going farther I wish to quote the very Reverend W. R. Inge, Dean of St. Paul’s Cathedral, London, who has written that “the real alternative to birth control is abortion.” It is an alternative that I cannot too strongly condemn. Although abortion may be resorted to in order to save the life of the mother, the practice of it merely for limitation of offspring is dangerous and vicious. I bring up the subject here only because some ill-informed persons have the notion that when we speak of birth control we include abortion as a method. We certainly do not. Abortion destroys the already fertilized ovum or the embryo; contraception, as I have carefully explained, prevents the fertilizing of the ovum by keeping the male cells away. Thus it prevents the beginning of life."
Can you explain, then, WHY Black and Hispanic women believe that the government pushes free and low-cost contraceptives as a means of deliberately limiting minority populations, therefore don't use them, and therefore they consequently end up with higher abortion rates than white women?
Quote:
"In 2012, researchers from the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health sought to investigate a possible relationship between race and contraception-related choices and summarized their work in “Do Racial and Ethnic Differences in Contraceptive Attitudes and Knowledge Explain Disparities in Method Use?” Using data collected in the 2009 National Survey of Reproductive and Contraceptive Knowledge, the authors found significant racial differences in attitudes about contraception, pregnancy, and control over one’s fate (fatalism).

They found that blacks and Hispanics were more likely than whites to believe that the government encourages contraceptive use to limit minority populations"
https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org...ve-use/2014-10

Old 09-27-2020, 07:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It would be stupid for the Republicans or anyone to poke the hornets nest that is the abortion issue. Political suicide. I don't agree with abortion, but it is a moot issue at this point. It is the Republican Achilles heel as is more gun control laws for the Democrats.
A Republican majority of justices determined the outcome of Roe v Wade and left the rest to the states.

Old 09-27-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A Republican majority of justices determined the outcome of Roe v Wade and left the rest to the states.
Abortion is each state's issue to deal with as the population of each state via elections results see fit, same as with any other health care issue. Article 1 Section 8 and the 10th Amendment.

Old 09-27-2020, 07:17 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
State's issue.
Roe v Wade pronounces otherwise.

As you know it says the Constitution of the United States protects a pregnant woman's liberty to choose to have an abortion without government restriction. Me thinks you want to curtail a woman's freedom and choice and power over her own body, by returning to state governmental control over women.

Women's rights are protected in less than half of the U.S. states and none of the U.S. territories. MAGA, correct?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-27-2020 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies