Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Obamacare being overturned by the SC?
Yes it should be overturned 94 47.47%
No it should not 69 34.85%
Only parts of it should be overturned keep preexisting condition protections. 35 17.68%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 01:20 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
You continue to make circular arguments, how unusual.
They're not "circular." They're Constitutionally accurate. Perhaps you don't understand because of a lack of comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 01:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump will for sure get his third SC justice when Ocare gets to the SC do you support the court overturning the whole thing or parts of it.?
It should be dumped.

The high cost of medical care is the reason health insurance costs so much.

Read Wills v Foster 229 Ill. 2d 393 (2008)

The plaintiff owed $80,163 in medical bills but the hospital accepted an insurance company negotiated settlement of $19,005 in full satisfaction.

Let's be clear on the concept here.

The hospital billed $80,163, not the insurance company.

The insurance company is the hero here, because they did a tremendous favor to everyone by negotiating a settlement of $19,005.

I can put up 100,000+ cases just like that from the last 2 years.

Do you seriously believe the hospital took a loss when they settled for $19,005?

They did not. They still made a profit.

Yeah, 95% of hospitals are "non-profit" (snicker) I get that.

But even non-profits make a profit.

You want cheaper insurance? Then lower the cost of medical care.

You can start by embracing the Free Market. Have all State legislatures rescind the enabling laws that allow hospitals to operate as monopolies.

Boom!....There it is.

If your State legislatures refuse, then Congress needs to enact a law that will withhold Medicaid payments to States until they repeal those laws that are harmful to you and everyone else.

The your States need to get Medieval and break up the hospitals. Your States need to license all hospitals and the licensing fee is only $5,000/year, unless the hospital offers more than 3 services, in which case, the license fee is equal to 50% of the hospital's gross annual revenues.

Right?

Geriatrics, pediatrics, orthopedics, cardio-pulmonary, OB-GYN, Neo-Natal....ooops!

That's more than 3 services. Get it?

Why would you do that?

Um, because the rest of the World does it that way.

Don't you all keep whining and crying, "I wanna healthcare system like Europe!"

Yeah, well, that's how Europe does it. How 'bout that?

Old 09-27-2020, 01:31 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,691,377 times
Being self-employed, I have to buy my own insurance for me and my family. 5 people.

Before OC, monthly premiums were less than $1k. Included excellent coverage and low deductibles.

After OC, plans doubled in cost, coverage benefits went don and deductibles went way up.

This year, premiums are $2500 per month!

I'm bi-partisan on this issue. I don't care who fixes it, just fix it so coverage is good for a decent price.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:31 PM

25,439 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I think Ocare being overturned by the court would be a nightmare for Republicans unless they had a replacement that could pass both houses.
Exactly. A large number of Republicans are dependent on it. That's why they expanded Medicaid under the ACA in KY recently.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
America only voted for Obama because he was black, at that stage he was gambling with house money.

Easily one of the biggest frauds in US history. The man is relaxing in his mansion surrounded by secret service while his former constituents are being shot.
A fraud to you maybe, but not to me and millions like me who now have affordable healthcare.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:36 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
A fraud to you maybe, but not to me and millions like me who now have affordable healthcare.
At the expense of the people who have to buy it with no subsidies and it's 5 times what it was before OC.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:43 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,706,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
I agree with what you are saying.

Are those people on here opposed to making people buy health insurance (Affordable Care Act) also opposed to the law making people buy Auto insurance?

Does "many hands make light work"?
Isn't that above quote and principle what the Affordable Care act was all about?

What would happen to auto insurance premiums if people were not required to have it and many chose not buy it?

Currently, if someone does not have auto insurance and they hit you and they were at fault, guess who's insurance pays?
Is that fair?

If millions of American's have their insurance taken away from them because now they can no longer afford it and they go to the hospital but never pay the bill, who ultimately pays that bill?
Is that charge just "written of the books" or does someone else pick up the tab?

I ask these questions to those conservatives who are opposed to the principle of the Affordable Care act and want it destroyed. They want it destroyed even in the face of the fact that nothing better (or the same is there to replace it). To some Conservatives, that does not matter as its "survival of the fittest", "every man for himself", "I got mine, sucks to be you, so get off my lawn!"
You’re comparing apples and avocados. Auto insurance is only required if you own a car. Unaffordable Care, according to progressives, is required if you breathe.

Not only should Obamacare be struck down, it never should have gotten through the courts in the first place.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
At the expense of the people who have to buy it with no subsidies and it's 5 times what it was before OC.
Granted, it is too expensive for some people. But so is private insurance. When I had employer provided healthcare, I couldn't afford to cover my husband. So what's your point? If it's we need something affordable for everyone, I would agree.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:05 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Exactly. A large number of Republicans are dependent on it. That's why they expanded Medicaid under the ACA in KY recently.
KY has a Democrat governor. Not a Republican.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:11 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,059,853 times
Republicans control both houses of Kentucky’s legislature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies