Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 05:19 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If Chris does that and I am Biden, I'm replying that I won't answer that until Trump releases his tax information. Ask Trump about his tax information or if Trump stopped lying yet about the Woodward tapes and i will "answer your hard questions.
I would LOVE to see Biden answer exactly in that way. It would show the electorate, in as clear a way as possible, just how unwilling he is to actually face any serious scrutiny. Most people, at least those not blinded by partisanship, know that Trump's tax returns have absolutely NOTHING to do with whatever Biden's coronavirus strategy might be. But go ahead, Joe. Anytime anyone asks you a question, including "what time is it?" tell them that you won't answer until Trump releases his tax returns. It's the political equivalent of pleading the Fifth Amendment every time you're asked something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 05:47 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
If Trump was forthright about the pandemic this would never have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmmm...what would Biden have done differently?

Think before you answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Enact the DPA for mask and ventilator production. Have European customs scrutiny sooner. Not second guess the scientists. Why is this so hard to understand?

The question was, and still is, what would Biden have done differently?

If you believe Biden would have used the DPA before Trump did, when would he have done so?

Which companies would have been involved?

What would have been produced faster because the act was initiated?

As for "the scientists," which ones were second-guessed and about what?

Did "the scientists" disagree with other scientists and/or change their position at some point?

If "the scientists" can't be second-guessed, what would be the correct course of action when they disagree or one or more reverse their opinion?

Maybe this will help...

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...production-act

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...andemic-2020-7

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/03/coro...es-so-far.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...-shortage.html

Government officials and executives at rival ventilator companies said they suspected that Covidien had acquired Newport to prevent it from building a cheaper product that would undermine Covidien’s profits from its existing ventilator business. In 2014, with no ventilators having been delivered to the government, Covidien executives told officials at the biomedical research agency that they wanted to get out of the contract, according to three former federal officials. The executives complained that it was not sufficiently profitable for the company.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...-shortage.html

The Obama FTC rubber stamped the merger while Fauci fiddled and Slow Joe took a nap.

Thank God we didn't actually need the extra ventilators!

Last edited by momonkey; 09-27-2020 at 06:03 PM..

Old 09-27-2020, 08:15 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Biden has been calling for a national mask mandate.

I think the point was that no libertarian minded person would even consider voting for Kamala Harris.
Obama and his mandate that all people should have health care or they will be fined for each member of the family if they don't and the fine increased every year. Trump stopped that one.. Seems the democrats love those Communist mandates to rule us.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:36 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
To use a football analogy, America currently has a 2-8 WL record. And Trump is our QB. I believe it would be a wise strategy to let another QB, Joe Biden, to start. America is dealing with an economic crisis, a pandemic, racial tensions are rising, etc. Let Biden finish off the season. Even if he ends up with an 8-8 record we can say it's still a disgrace and we can groom another QB. We can have an actual authentic republican candidate ready for the next election. This Trump experiment is a complete and utter failure and we must abandon ship. Trump is galvanizing groups like BLM and other liberal movements. These groups are strong because Trump antagonizes them. He doesn't have a scintilla of diplomacy. He's not even a conservative. I don't know how we allowed him to just hijack our party like this. America is in dire situations because of Trump. Stop deceiving yourself and vote Biden. A vote for Biden is just a punt. A stratagem. A chess move. We will eventually get the ball back.
You are not a conservative. A Harris presidency would destroy this country. Trump's policies and achievements are more conservative than any republican president we've had since Reagan. Fornicate your football analogy. You are a McCain, Romney, Flake style conservative but you know nothing about true conservatism. Just join the demonic party. You'll fit right right in. Their god is the state.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:53 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Sure, as a Democrat I am voting for Donald Trump.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:22 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Sure, as a Democrat I am voting for Donald Trump.
Good choice!

Old 09-27-2020, 09:24 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
Quote:
To use a football analogy, America currently has a 2-8 WL record. And Trump is our QB. I believe it would be a wise strategy to let another QB, Joe Biden, to start. America is dealing with an economic crisis, a pandemic, racial tensions are rising, etc. Let Biden finish off the season. Even if he ends up with an 8-8 record we can say it's still a disgrace and we can groom another QB. We can have an actual authentic republican candidate ready for the next election. This Trump experiment is a complete and utter failure and we must abandon ship. Trump is galvanizing groups like BLM and other liberal movements. These groups are strong because Trump antagonizes them. He doesn't have a scintilla of diplomacy. He's not even a conservative. I don't know how we allowed him to just hijack our party like this. America is in dire situations because of Trump. Stop deceiving yourself and vote Biden. A vote for Biden is just a punt. A stratagem. A chess move. We will eventually get the ball back.
who do we have in the minor leagues ready to come up?

Old 09-27-2020, 09:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
A senile old guy who can't remember who he is and what he is running for.. you got to be kidding.. Trump runs circles around the guy getting so many things done I can't believe it all.. the list is still growing and growing. Trump is now reforming the drug prices getting them lowered and making hospitals show the prices of what cost what to know what the charges are.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:42 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is not a conservative but he's a master at fooling his base.
I wouldn't care if he's a Martian.
He's building the wall, nominating and confirming conservative judges, and he's keeping The White House safe for the next Republican. And those are the things that matter.

Old 09-28-2020, 12:37 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump doesn't dance around the topic like most politicians do. Trump is straight forward with what he thinks and does. Trump also keeps his word . Most politicians never do what they say. They fool everyone with a bunch of empty promises. Trump is the exception and the regular liars hate him for being so honest. That is why the left always calls Trump a liar. It is all fake news. Trump does what he says and works for all Americans.
Yup trump finally released his tax returns today. Oh wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies