Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 03:48 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The bureaucrats are the ones lying. They keep moving the goal posts.
Both can be true at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 03:50 PM

17,631 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Both can be true at the same time.
Anyone lying on an internet message board has no power over my life. The lying left wing statists do.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:25 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Anyone lying on an internet message board has no power over my life. The lying left wing statists do.
This thread has been viewed 110 times and the headline has probably been viewed 500-1000x. Most people won't bother to read further than the headline. I think it is important to point out complete fabrications that are clearly intended to influence the reader. Do you have a problem with someone calling OP on lying?

Old 09-27-2020, 07:39 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
None of those quotes say anything about permanent COVID restrictions. Why lie?
Quote:
But I don’t think we’ll go back to January in my lifetime.”

it's clear as day. What else do you think they mean?

Old 12-10-2022, 05:38 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
I want to shout out to all my fellow Americans who resisted masks and remote work after the vaccine. Without any resistance, the mandates would still probably be in place. Through our concerted action, most of our liberty has been regained, though some employers are still trying to pressure employees into wearing masks or working remotely.

We must be ever-vigilant to not allow these mandates to creep back, and to resist them when needed.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:58 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I want to shout out to all my fellow Americans who resisted masks and remote work after the vaccine. Without any resistance, the mandates would still probably be in place. Through our concerted action, most of our liberty has been regained, though some employers are still trying to pressure employees into wearing masks or working remotely.

We must be ever-vigilant to not allow these mandates to creep back, and to resist them when needed.
They will not be forced, but there are some who will wear masks for life now. Anytime I go into a crowded store, public transportation, flying/airport, etc. I will mask for the rest of my life. Although, masks are largely an individual choice in most places now.

Many are permanently working remote now. This has changed life as we know it. The once bustling crowds downtown are a fraction of what they used to be. The mom and pop shops that were the hallmark of cities and towns, catering to the weekday work crowds and high volumes, have largely disappeared. A sad fallout of the pandemic. But remote work is the new normal and is here to stay. In some cases it is hybrid work, but few office jobs are on-site fulltime anymore. This is the biggest tangible impact the pandemic has had IMO (remote work and the impact it has had on the weekly office life, which is a hallmark of the working culture).

Old 12-10-2022, 07:57 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
I haven't worn a mask in forever, but with the uptick of illness right now, I will start wearing it more. I'll probably just take it with me and put it on when I'm in a crowded situation. Small price to pay IMO.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:04 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times
Ahh the mask - that talisman of protection worshipped by the Covidians. Like garlic protects against vampires.

Bureaucrats took it to another level; confirmation of compliance of the sheeple they lord over.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:18 AM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
It's amazing just how stupid those "experts" really are. Either that or they are purposely ignoring the truth about cloth masks. And in that case, they are simply evil.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:20 AM

43,121 posts, read 18,281,341 times
After how many jabs....more and more people are falling to RSV and Flu this winter and landing in the hospital.

Those shots must have wrecked their immune systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies