Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 07:09 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Jeez compared to Trump, Biden is a elitist millionaire politician. Trump is the poor man's candidate respectively. Flat broke and made it all the way to the White House.

Maybe that should be Trump's campaign strategy. Claim to be in the bottom 1% instead of the top 1%. Which might be the only true thing he says during the entire campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 07:10 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Did he do anything illegal? If so, I’m sure the IRS would have came down on him already. They don’t care who you are!.

When you have businesses operation in the millions/hundreds of millions and you take losses, you can write off most of those losses. It’s called a Net Operating Loss.

He said it during his last campaign. “Why would I want to pay more taxes than I’m legally obligated too?” I must say that I agree.

Where have you been? The NY courts have been looking into Trump's taxes for possible tax fraud for some time. Trump has been uncooperative and prosecutors have had to fight in the courts for his returns and testimony from family/business partners.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:12 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Where have you been? The NY courts have been looking into Trump's taxes for possible tax fraud for some time. Trump has been uncooperative and prosecutors have had to fight in the courts for his returns and testimony from family/business partners.
And, they found NOTHING, and then leaked them to the NYT!

Old 09-28-2020, 07:13 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And you have no credibility by calling Americans that support Trump, "Trumpers". He isn't leading anyone over a cliff.
If you think you’re in the right by backing him, then what anyone calls you shouldn’t bother you (which it obviously does) .

Old 09-28-2020, 07:14 AM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
They are under no obligation to release it to the Trump Organization at the latter's whim. This is especially true due to their continued fighting the release of it and his refusal using the false statement that he can't release them while under audit. He can release them whenever he wants. If the president wants to clear this up, he can release them.

They are protecting sources. The tax returns will have tracers on them both on paper and in the computer databases which would reveal who looked at what record when. Thus they are protecting sources.

Thank you. That is how media operates. More than one journalist has gone to jail for refusing to reveal a source, and all have been exonerated as tests of the First Amendment which guarantees a Free Press.

All media uses anonymous sources, and protects them. If you were to reveal a source, you would not only lose that source, but you would not be able to find any sources as replacements. Your career as a journalist would be completely over, because no one who had any legitimate information would ever give you the time of day again.

Trump quoted a "very credible source" who told him that Obama was not born in the United States, and used that statement to create the Birther movement. He never revealed his source, either. Did he really have a source? Who knows? If so, it was not a "very credible source". Some are reliable, some are not.

I'll take the word of the NYT on this one. They have a 150-year track record, and 130 Pulitzer prizes to back themselves up as a "very credible source" for news. As a matter of fact, they were quoted extensively by republicans as absolute gospel while Obama was in office. What changed? The quality of their reporting, or the figurehead in the Oval Office?

Old 09-28-2020, 07:14 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
And, they found NOTHING, and then leaked them to the NYT!

That is not true. He is currently under investigation and what they may have found has not been made public.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:17 AM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Got CAUGHT doing WHAT?
Read the article in the OP. You apparently have not yet, and 600 posts in , I really don't have time to catch you up.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:18 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
I don't care if Trump practices tax avoidance, not one bit.

But, I do care that he refuses to release his tax returns. Not enough to vote Democrap, but still enough to know that small things like this can add up on a candidate.

We know Trump didn't pay taxes and we know he's fighting the IRS over some tax bills. He needs to sit down with Kushner and figure out how to get in front of this, but the tax bill is so large I think he rather not.

558 posts, read 338,221 times
MAGA patriots avoid taxes. Us liberals pay for the aircraft carriers.

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Don’t call me dear. That’s rude and also a bit creepy.

I’ll take my own cues from the IRS on this matter. Not biased forum members with bad manners.
I apologize for the "dear." It is a bad habit of mine from working in pediatric nursing for part of my career.

Have you even read the NYT article? If you had you would have seen the major takeaways that cannot be dismissed as nothing of import.

Quote:
Trump is a wealthy man and he paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.

He has reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that is the subject of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS judgement would mean Trump owes $100 million dollars to the US Treasury.

Many of his signature businesses, including his golf courses, report losing large amounts of money — losses that have helped him to lower his taxes.

The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.

Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.

Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received “consulting fees” that also helped reduce the family’s tax bill.

As president, he has received more money from foreign sources and U.S. interest groups than previously known.
It is a long and detailed article, and as you point out one should take their cues from evidence and genuine journalists and newspapers, not posters whose goal is to defend our POTUS with indefensible excuses.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage

And there are more articles to come. The information in this first article--- in what will be a series, per the NYT--- reveals the serious implications of having a POTUS with this much financial dirt.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-28-2020 at 07:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies