Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your beliefs on creationism and evolution?
I am a Republican and believe humans and dinosaurs lived together 5 10.87%
I am a Republican and believe humans and dinosaurs did not live together 23 50.00%
I am a Democrat and believe humans and dinosaurs lived together 4 8.70%
I am a Democrat and believe humans and dinosaurs did not live together 14 30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 06:26 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,521,830 times

Advertisements

At the evangelical Creation Museum, dinosaurs lived alongside humans and the world is 6,000 years old

I was reading about how there is a museum in Kentucky where humans are portrayed as Fred Flintstones living along side Dinosaurs.

It got me thinking how many republicans believe this?

Gallup is the only organization I can find that seems to ask this question every year:

40% of Americans Believe in Creationism - Gallup

So, C-D, my question to you is this: What percentage of the GOP thinks humans and dinosaurs lived on earth at the same time? Do you believe the earth is 6000 years old and dinos lived with humans side by side? Is radio carbon dating a liberal 'hoax'? Charles Darwin wrote fiction not fact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 06:30 AM

Darn, the stupid title got cut off

Old 09-29-2020, 06:32 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
You take things too literally... The modern calendar wasn't invented until the 1500s.... You think thousands of years ago people understood what a year was perfectly? You really think methuselah is that old?

Old 09-29-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You take things too literally... The modern calendar wasn't invented until the 1500s.... You think thousands of years ago people understood what a year was perfectly?

so you don't believe that dinos and humans lived together? Just am curious.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:35 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
At the evangelical Creation Museum, dinosaurs lived alongside humans and the world is 6,000 years old

I was reading about how there is a museum in Kentucky where humans are portrayed as Fred Flintstones living along side Dinosaurs.

It got me thinking how many republicans believe this?

Gallup is the only organization I can find that seems to ask this question every year:

40% of Americans Believe in Creationism - Gallup

So, C-D, my question to you is this: What percentage of the GOP thinks humans and dinosaurs lived on earth at the same time? Do you believe the earth is 6000 years old and dinos lived with humans side by side? Is radio carbon dating a liberal 'hoax'? Charles Darwin wrote fiction not fact?
I don't understand your question. You posted a Gallup link that pretty much answered it, But the poll said 40% of Americans, without a R/D breakdown - so why didn't you ask what the breakdown is between party affiliation.

I know why. So do you. So does everyone else reading your OP.

I'm a Republican atheist so don't believe in Creationism. Although I loved the Flintstones while growing up.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:36 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
so you don't believe that dinos and humans lived together? Just am curious.
Do you really think Homo sapiens sprung from one place in Africa? Or is it likely the mixture of other humanoids across vast regions to form Homo sapiens... Just because something is said doesn't mean you can stop thinking either... Africa back then isn't the same Africa as today...

Old 09-29-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Do you really think Homo sapiens sprung from one place in Africa? Or is it likely the mixture of other humanoids across vast regions to form Homo sapiens... Just because something is said doesn't mean you can stop thinking either... Africa back then isn't the same Africa as today...

You know, you could just say you believe in evolution

Old 09-29-2020, 06:44 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
This isn't science, nor is it (entirely) some creationist theory dressed up as such; it's intended mostly as entertainment, presented via the eyes and mindset of one segment of the population.

There's a substantial group of people, mostly toward the bottom of the socio-economic order, who just don't have either the depth of thinking, or the inclination, to wrestle with the question of where we came from, and it's for these folks that attractions like this one, or that "Noah's Ark" out in Kentucky have relevance. As long as they don't try to use the law, the courts, and/or the legislative process to force their vision on the rest of us, I don't have much of a problem with this.

Sooner or later, as they mature, most intelligent youngsters are going to deal with this via their own intellect and conscience.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-29-2020 at 07:01 AM..

Old 09-29-2020, 06:44 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
You take things too literally... The modern calendar wasn't invented until the 1500s.... You think thousands of years ago people understood what a year was perfectly? You really think methuselah is that old?
The ancients had different calendars but I'm pretty sure all the writers of the Bible knew what a year was. No, Methuselah wasn't really 900 years old, but people writing long after his death may have actually believed that he was.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:49 AM

89,035 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Can't vote in the poll because I'm an Independent (registered to vote in my state as Unaffiliated). I believe humans and dinosaurs did not live together. I also believe the Earth is at least 4.5+ billion years old.

Interesting, about the age of the Earth. CO2 levels were organically much higher (in imperfectly repeating naturally occurring cycles) before humans even existed. So much for AGW/Climate Change (Anthropogenic Global Warming). Earth's actual climate history disproves humans as the cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies