Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 05:35 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,820,159 times

Advertisements

I don't get what people are so worked up about. Joe is known not to be a good speaker, and you can't tell the full context of this clip. It is likely he was referring to some specific black woman who was stocking groceries. He was probably trying to be complimentary but it came out wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 05:39 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,820,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Looks like I will be voting 3rd party, again. Both Trump and Biden, in my view, are not very good. I voted 3rd party in 2016, and I'm likely to do it again this election.
Because of this gaffe? It's hard to even get the full context of this. You know voting 3rd party in a close election is a waste right? You are better off making a choice for Trump or Biden. If you don't, you can't complain about whoever wins afterwards.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:19 AM

490 posts, read 151,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Because of this gaffe? It's hard to even get the full context of this. You know voting 3rd party in a close election is a waste right? You are better off making a choice for Trump or Biden. If you don't, you can't complain about whoever wins afterwards.
How is it a wasted vote? And yes you can still complain, if you believe the two major parties candidates both suck, or simply do not represent you. In 2012 I wrote in for President. Because neither Romney or Obama represented me. I didn't consider that a wasted vote and my conscience was clear knowing I didn't vote for someone with whom I didn't agree with.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:42 AM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ves-wth-video/

Wondered if this clip was doctored when I first saw it, but its in a bunch of different places.

Joe Biden was able to stay home during the pandemic because a Black woman stocked the grocery shelf.

These people are so out of touch its funny.
"some black woman"?

She doesn't have a name? She doesn't have a job title? She's just "some black woman"?

WT actual F!

Old 09-28-2020, 11:05 AM
bu2 bu2 started this thread

23,972 posts, read 14,760,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I think he is misunderstood here. He was appreciating the person that worked at the supermarket and made it possible for him to stay home. A poor choice of word, maybe, but racist I don't think so. I guess he could have omitted the word black and everyone would be happy, but the fact is a black person did her job and made it possible for him to stay home.
That is precisely the racist part. He assumes the stocker is Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies