Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 04:03 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The following is purely opinion. I am not Black and do not purport to speak for any Black person, but the following is my impression formed by observing and debating American politics, race, and society with a diverse range of people over a period of several decades:

I agree that the Democrats are hypocritical, often giving mere lip service to their support of the Black community and take Black voters for granted. The whole "plantation" rhetoric concerning the relationship between the Dems and Black voters is all too real. It mainly takes the form of bigotry of low expectations and in social programs that reflect the concept of the 'White Man's Burden'. I think it must be humiliating to some degree, and while it does, intentionally or not, suppress Black initiative, it does not block it as evidenced by the increasing representation of Black people in elected roles in the Democratic party, not least a two-term president, and I suppose Black Democrats hope that the 'Democratic Plantation' system will eventually be dismantled from the inside.

But if you really want to know why Black people vote Democrat, it is not due to the flaws in the Democrat party itself. It comes from outside. Just look at some of the attitudes on display by Republicans on these forums. Why would you want to side with a party a disturbing percentage of whose constituents consider you to be biologically prone to violence, unintelligent, lascivious, and genetically as well as culturally inferior, and most importantly, be unequally punished for it?

Add to that, I think that a party that doesn't see a problem with gathering blatantly racist groups and endorsements under their banner will never attract Black people or really any other minority unless they think they can transcend their racial identity and someday be seen as White. In the Republican party as it stands now, no matter how welcoming an individual Republican might be, the unspoken rule is 'White is Right' and that simply leaves very little room for Black Americans except for a cherry-picked few willing to submit to the dominant paradigm of the party in exchange for being trotted out as a convenient tool.
Who are these posters you are referring to in here that are demonizing blacks unfairly and what makes you think the the rest of the American public are doing that? First off, facts aren't racism. No one has said that blacks are "prone" to be and do bad things either. Statistics are out there for all to read and stats aren't racism either. BS that blacks are unequally punished also!

What are you talking about? The GOP as a whole are gathering with racist groups? Where are you getting that? Are you living back in the 50's and 60's? Seems like you and many blacks are though. I don't know of a single mainstream Republican who touts the theory that "white is right" either. All you are doing is spouting the Democrat lies and propaganda and far too many blacks believe their crap and have for a very long time now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Many black Americans have great respect for Malcolm X. Many schools bear his name, and many streets have been renamed in honor of him, both at home and abroad. But while black Americans honor Malcolm X, one of his basic teachings goes largely ignored. I think it’s an important lesson, so I will quote a large part of it.
As it happens, not only is there a "Malcolm X" school in my hometown, after his assassination, the wife of Malcolm X, Betty Shabazz, lived in my hometown for many years during my youth. What influenced Malcolm X in his youth and young adulthood, and how his worldview and ideals developed throughout his lifetime, as well as the civil rights movement in general, was a well covered subject in my early education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Malcolm X said: “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.”
I don't disagree with most of what Malcolm X said here, especially within the context of the 1960s when he wrote this. The only things I disagree with in today's context are:

1. The characterization of the White liberal as being the worst enemy. I would rephrase it to say the most insidious enemy (because the worst enemy today, in my opinon, is in boldface below). I would also characterize the "benevolent racism" of the White Man's Burden basis for Liberal policies regarding race to be sheer ignorance and lingering notions of White supremacy rather than outright malice.

The notion that Black people can't help themselves and need the White man to prop him up were rife among White Liberals in the 1960s, and while still all too prevalent today, is dying off as evidenced by acheivements in uphill battles for political office, in academia, business, and virtually every other sphere of society. Some of the greatest barriers Black Americans facer today are coming from the unequal and oppressive treatment by law enforcement and the courts.

2. The last sentence, "Our problems will never be solved by the white man." I object to this because the problems faced by Black Americans will not be solved without every American, liberal, conservative, White, Black, or otherwise, allowing and demanding that his or her fellow citizen have unfettered access to the conditions needed to acheive success without barriers.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know of a single mainstream Republican who touts the theory that "white is right" either.
Well, one doesn't simply come out and say "White is right" in a country that is over 35 percent non-White. You phrase it like Trump does at his mostly White rallies:

"You have good genes, you know that, right?" Trump said at a recent campaign rally. "You have good genes. A lot of it is about the genes, isn't it, don't you believe? The racehorse theory. You think we're so different? You have good genes in Minnesota."

The President was speaking to a nearly all-White crowd in Bemidji, Minnesota, a city that's about 80% White in a state that's even more White.

Source

Former KKK leader endorses Trump for president again – and Tucker Carlson for VP

"David Duke, one of the US’s most notorious racist extremists, has reiterated his support for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign and suggested the president replace his current vice president, Mike Pence, with Fox News host Tucker Carlson."

Mr Duke is a renowned neo-Nazi antisemite and white supremacist who founded a Ku Klux Klan chapter in the early 1970s; since then, he has unsuccessfully run for office several times and endorsed various extremist figures and causes.

Donald Trump courts the white racist vote in a TV interview

"In a recent interview with CBS News’ Catherine Herridge the president was asked, "Why are African Americans still dying at the hands of law enforcement in this country?"

He said, "So are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people. More white people, by the way. More white people."

That isn’t an ignorant man speaking. It would be bad enough if it were ignorance. This is worse. It’s campaign strategy.

Trump most likely knows his statement is factually wrong, that studies show Black men are more than three times more likely than white men to be killed by police. That 100 Black men and boys per 100,000, compared to 39 white men and boys per 100,000, are killed by police during their lifetimes."

Trump says he's not a racist. That's not how white nationalists see it

"Trump declared, "I'm a nationalist, OK? I'm a nationalist."
He told the crowd, "We're not supposed to use that word," perhaps because he knew of its overtones of cultural superiority to others.

But he would not clarify when asked about it the day after the election by Yamiche Alcindor of "PBS Newshour," who said of his words, "Some people saw that as emboldening white nationalists." Trump brushed her off with "That's such a racist question."
When she followed up with, "There are some people that say that now the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalists because of your rhetoric," he replied: "Oh, I don't believe that. I don't believe that."
But others apparently do believe it.
A commenter on the 4chan bulletin board joked Trump was winking at them.
Earlier, another poster declared Trump was venerated by white supremacists: "What Dems, all leftists and pundits do not understand is that TRUMP is patriots' and Western/American Heritage's CHAMPION."

Last edited by ABQConvict; 09-28-2020 at 04:31 PM..

Old 09-28-2020, 04:26 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Well, you don't just come out and say "White is right" in a country that is over 35 percent non-White. You phrase it like Trump does at his mostly White rallies:

"You have good genes, you know that, right?" Trump said at a recent campaign rally. "You have good genes. A lot of it is about the genes, isn't it, don't you believe? The racehorse theory. You think we're so different? You have good genes in Minnesota."

The President was speaking to a nearly all-White crowd in Bemidji, Minnesota, a city that's about 80% White in a state that's even more White.

Source
Wow, a liberal invents racism.

I'M SHOCKED!

you're making our point here in this thread. You must make yourself a victim at all costs.

HAHA!

Old 09-28-2020, 04:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Ah, I see. So Trump is the president only of the Republican areas of the country. No wonder he's such an ineffective president.

Why should we put someone back in office who has conceded that he is not up to the task of dealing with the problems of the whole country, not just the parts of the country that voted for him? If he can't be effective in the Democratic areas right now, why should anyone believe he will be effective in those areas in a second term? The answer is, he won't.

You have just admitted Trump is not up for the job of leading the entire country. Good for you.
Because people like to be told they are a victim of their own identity, to justify their failures in life.
I'd be offended, if anyone told me, I could not make it in life without them.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:48 PM

20 posts, read 14,738 times
OP must be kidding.
For starters, why would a black person vote for a president who called white supremacists “Good people”??

Old 09-28-2020, 06:22 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndra11 View Post
OP must be kidding.
For starters, why would a black person vote for a president who called white supremacists “Good people”??
And why would a black person vote for a candidate that says "you ain't black unless you vote for me", " poor kids are as smart as white kids", etc, etc...

So its OK for the Dems to put a label on minorities in order to solve their issues which only exist because the Dems created them in the first place?

Old 09-28-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Well, one doesn't simply come out and say "White is right" in a country that is over 35 percent non-White. You phrase it like Trump does at his mostly White rallies:

Source

Former KKK leader endorses Trump for president again – and Tucker Carlson for VP

"David Duke, one of the US’s most notorious racist extremists, has reiterated his support for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign and suggested the president replace his current vice president, Mike Pence, with Fox News host Tucker Carlson."

Mr Duke is a renowned neo-Nazi antisemite and white supremacist who founded a Ku Klux Klan chapter in the early 1970s; since then, he has unsuccessfully run for office several times and endorsed various extremist figures and causes.

Donald Trump courts the white racist vote in a TV interview

"In a recent interview with CBS News’ Catherine Herridge the president was asked, "Why are African Americans still dying at the hands of law enforcement in this country?"

He said, "So are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people. More white people, by the way. More white people."

That isn’t an ignorant man speaking. It would be bad enough if it were ignorance. This is worse. It’s campaign strategy.

Trump most likely knows his statement is factually wrong, that studies show Black men are more than three times more likely than white men to be killed by police. That 100 Black men and boys per 100,000, compared to 39 white men and boys per 100,000, are killed by police during their lifetimes."

Trump says he's not a racist. That's not how white nationalists see it

"Trump declared, "I'm a nationalist, OK? I'm a nationalist."
He told the crowd, "We're not supposed to use that word," perhaps because he knew of its overtones of cultural superiority to others.

But he would not clarify when asked about it the day after the election by Yamiche Alcindor of "PBS Newshour," who said of his words, "Some people saw that as emboldening white nationalists." Trump brushed her off with "That's such a racist question."
When she followed up with, "There are some people that say that now the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalists because of your rhetoric," he replied: "Oh, I don't believe that. I don't believe that."
But others apparently do believe it.
A commenter on the 4chan bulletin board joked Trump was winking at them.
Earlier, another poster declared Trump was venerated by white supremacists: "What Dems, all leftists and pundits do not understand is that TRUMP is patriots' and Western/American Heritage's CHAMPION."
Just more lefty twists and spins of what Trump actually means and say and the typical bashing of white conservatives. Congrats, you didn't disappoint.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with being a nationalist no matter what race you are. That isn't the same as being a supremacist.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Because republicans only accept blacks if they don’t complain and “stay in their place”...
So long as they parrot right wing thought and become grifters for the base *cough* Candice Owens *cough*...
Stereotyping much? Three of my best friends are black and their place is right along side of me!

Old 09-28-2020, 06:36 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Unemployment under Trump the lowest in history blacks.
Support of black colleges.
Opportunity zones in black neighborhoods
Meets with (real) black leaders at the WH regularly. Not race baiter extortionist Al Sharpton.

Why would you vote Democrat if you are black?
SILLY question! Blacks vote for Democrats because Democrats order them, or belittle them, to do so! Many blacks don't know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies