Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2020, 01:54 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Something occurred to me. I hear more about the Black vote here on city-data than I do in public. I've been questioned about who I vote for in real life. However, I also do what I can not to talk about politics in public (unless I know said person can talk with me from a position of respect). I hear far more about the Black vote on this forum. It makes me wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 01:16 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Preaching to the choir. Some of what we're hearing confirms it. Many love to talk ABOUT Black people, but when Black people like us have something to say about it, suddenly, "we're "brainwashed" or "playing the race card.
The most scrupulously brainwashed are those who have been inculcated with the 'Lost Cause' mythologies.

It takes courage to learn from history.

Also, the obsession with what black people are doing, who they choose to vote for, et cetera, is ridiculousness defined, as is the compulsive nature on full display here.

All American people have agency, i.e. the capacity to act independently & to make their own free choices.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:28 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
Lmao how right-wing forum members think they can speak for us.
Who's speaking for you? All we are asking is why the majority of blacks vote Democrat when they are doing nothing for them. Why are you offended by a simple question? I'd also like to know why Asians, many whites, etc. vote for a particular party to. The only way we can understand each other is to ask questions.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The most scrupulously brainwashed are those who have been inculcated with the 'Lost Cause' mythologies.

It takes courage to learn from history.

Also, the obsession with what black people are doing, who they choose to vote for, et cetera, is ridiculousness defined, as is the compulsive nature on full display here.

All American people have agency, i.e. the capacity to act independently & to make their own free choices.
The "Lost Cause" types no longer have an excuse. The facts are out there. They are easy to find. The problem is, the "Lost Cause" types don't wanted to stop believing in it. They likely wish the Confederacy had won. In my view, it doesn't take courage to learn from history. It takes common sense. It takes courage to admit when you're wrong. And this is something some people do not want to admit. I've noticed that the "Lost Cause" believers have alot of other issues that go beyond the Confederate flag.

The obsession with who Black people vote for, as ridiculous as it is, will be something that will be discussed ad nauseam. In my opinion, it's really about "we want the GOP to win, and Blacks voting Democrat stands in the way of that". Basically, it's a sly way of saying "Blacks are America's biggest problem". That is just my view of the situation. I don't think it is about wanting the best for Black Americans or wanting Blacks to think for themselves.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
Lmao how right-wing forum members think they can speak for us.
It has very little to do with "speaking for us". At least in my opinion. I see more resentment towards Blacks than anything else.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 476 times
Because we can!! Why on earth would an African American, woman, a person with disabilities or a gay person support trump??

Old 11-02-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brookb View Post
Because we can!! Why on earth would an African American, woman, a person with disabilities or a gay person support trump??
People are going to vote for whomever they please. There is one more important question? Why does anyone care who Blacks vote for? I get the feeling said persons view the Black vote as some sort of danger to them.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:00 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't they????

Old 11-02-2020, 01:02 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
I agree, things are going great for those groups thanks to Joe Biden's 47 years at the highest levels of public service huh?

Old 11-03-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I agree, things are going great for those groups thanks to Joe Biden's 47 years at the highest levels of public service huh?
This is what I think. Who Blacks vote for is an obsession for some, not out of any altruistic care for others, but due to fear. The way Blacks vote is looked at as anathema for many. It is about "I want a Republican to win, and Blacks make it difficult for that to happen".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies