Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 09:01 AM

29,452 posts, read 22,399,288 times

Advertisements

I think many of us have been saying that for years, what is so darned hard about complying?

Yes, I understand there have been outlier cases where people have complied with police and were still hurt/killed (and pretty please, Philando Castile did NOT fully comply with the police officer). But for the most part, and certainly in almost all of these high profile cases this year where people have rioted and looted over, complying would have prevented the serious injuries and death.

But as I have pointed out before, there is a vested interest in the likes of BLM and other 'activists' to never promote the message of complying with police officers.

And I theorize it's this way because of two main reasons.

One, to comply with police is tantamount to condoning police 'racism,' 'brutality,' and the entire system of law and order. In other words, the likes of BLM have always viewed law and order as being unduly 'racist' towards Blacks, so complying with the police is almost like betraying your own race. In their eyes, it is most noble to violently resist arrest police officers.

And number two, the biggest reason is that groups like BLM thrive on the chaos and violence caused by people resisting arrest and getting hurt/killed by police officers. I mean, what good is complying with police officers and no one getting hurt? Where's the media attention and furor over that? Instead, when people violently resist arrest and get hurt/killed by the cops, it brings attention and dollars to the likes of BLM and allows them to justify the existence of their organization (no matter how flawed their logic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_py1N9onog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 09:10 AM

24,297 posts, read 17,004,764 times
I don't understand how so many people walk around with a massive chip on their shoulder as if they are above the law.

We have seen so many cases where the Police have given foolish people chance after chance to comply and then they cry foul when the Police are forced to rough them up.

It all seems so basic yet too many black and white guys (sorry to mention this but more white guys than black are actually shot by Police) but it all comes down to this. If you are stopped by the Police and your actions make them pull their guns out and they are screaming at you to stop, put your hands up, get down etc.. You remove that chip from your shoulder of they might just shoot it off. It is basic common sense but some people are just too stupid to understand.

Of course this also applies to people that refuse to put a mask on like that lady that was tazed last week at the football game.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:21 AM

1,665 posts, read 962,627 times
This topic comes up at home when we watch the news. I've said it at home and many times in these forums. But there's always the naysayers going against the comply and don't die scenario. With always...what about this case, that case, etc.

But with all cases, the common denominator is the person acting like he/she does not have to comply. It's like they totally ignore the police's warnings.

I'm starting to think that some of these subjects just want to become a martyr. And in turn, their families win that ghetto lottery and spark off riots and looting. First it was only in the city where the incident happened. Now it's almost nationwide. It's the modern day shot heard round the world.

They have that chip on their shoulder because they demand respect. Yet they haven't done anything to EARN respect. It's always a he diss'n me. If you're going to act like a horses behind, well guess what. No respect will be earned that day, partner.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:22 AM

46,839 posts, read 25,771,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think many of us have been saying that for years, what is so darned hard about complying?
Just play "Simon Says" when facing armed authority and you, too, may get out alive!

American policing can't do better than that? That's sad.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:26 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,466,836 times
You can beat the rap but not the ride.

Advice given to me by a family member who was a police officer. Lawyer up if you are being unfairly treated. Document and sue.

Resist arrest, and you just might die.

Why is this concept so difficult?

Old 09-28-2020, 09:32 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,431,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Just play "Simon Says" when facing armed authority and you, too, may get out alive!

American policing can't do better than that? That's sad.
Criminals gone be criminals...they can't do better than that?

Old 09-28-2020, 09:51 AM

23,536 posts, read 13,759,846 times
Well, you know what they say...........

................you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:01 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,699 times
Laying on the ground with his arms up...still shot by police

Old 09-28-2020, 10:05 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,699 times
"may i see you license please"
*man reaches into car for license*

got shot for following a direct order from a cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE

Old 09-28-2020, 10:19 AM

46,839 posts, read 25,771,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Criminals gone be criminals...they can't do better than that?
Wow. Does it need to be stated that when you take on the job as a law enforcement officer, you will interact with citizens with bad decision-making skills? I guess it does. So: Any job that involves law enforcement in any capacity - police officer, attorney, judge, corrections officer - comes with a huge heaping side order of dealing with people who aren't actually that great.

You're right, peaceful policing would be easily achieved if it weren't for those pesky criminals.

Well, OK. Criminals or people who look like criminals or people who stand next to criminals or people standing next to someone who looked like a criminal or people driving a car that looks like one driven by a criminal (except for brand or color) or people asleep in their home who used to date criminals or people playing video games in their home at 2 AM. Or people lying on their back with their arms in the air pleading with police officers to not shoot the kid in their charge. (Admittedly, they didn't, just shot the caretaker.)

There's a subset of US police officers going BLAMBLAMBLAM way too easily and way too quickly, there's a culture of covering it up, and there's a huge subset of US people who - and I have no idea why - come up with rationalizations for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies