Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 12:00 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It DOES. We live in a society, none of us an island.

How about that kindergarten teacher who got his eyes tattooed black? That is dangerous cosmetic surgery that has blinded people. Why did they hire the guy in the first place, did they not think he was unstable and would scare the children with his demon eyes? Yeah, it is worth worrying about when degeneracy is normalized.
OK, pretend I had a bunch of tattoos and you see me out walking my dog and think to yourself: "I hate tatoos and think they are ugly. Why mutilate your body that way? My first impression of him is he must have an inferiority complex to do that.".

How does my being tattooed, or not, impact you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 12:08 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The Sharia Laws around how a woman dresses and acts are all about "modesty". You'll fit right in.
Mature, responsible people are constrained by their own consciences and sense of right and wrong and sense of decency and propriety. In societies where these internal constraints are weak, this is addressed by either excessive control from outside (such as sharia law) or lack of control, leading to a chaotic free-for-all (such as here in the United States).

Old 10-01-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Mature, responsible people are constrained by their own consciences and sense of right and wrong and sense of decency and propriety. In societies where these internal constraints are weak, this is addressed by either excessive control from outside (such as sharia law) or lack of control, leading to a chaotic free-for-all (such as here in the United States).
OK, grandpaw. Next thing you know these young folk will be dancing to that infernal rock 'n roll music without leaving room for the holy ghost in-between them! The horror!

Old 10-01-2020, 12:14 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
If you ever need proof that we are de-civilizing and de-evolving, look at photos of people from the 19th and early 20th centuries, and compare them to the people at your local Wal-Mart. We have become savages. There is no dignity left in this society. Instead, we're a nation of tattooed, obese savages, clowns, and overgrown babies.

We have become so totally infantilized and debased as a culture that it will likely take several generations to completely reverse this.

We are still on track for this to be our future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk

Old 10-01-2020, 12:20 PM

6,110 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
This is about a lot more than tattoos. They are just a minor symptom but often come with the package. The bigger deal is attitude and behavior.

A lot of people think they are tough and cool because they have guns, tattoos, piercings and blue hair, big trucks with a mortgage level loan, loud bikes, etc and flaunting it. The problem is many of them are middle aged adults. Many drug addicts are older now, I've seen four drug deaths of people in their forties in a couple of weeks .

Rebellion is a teen thing, before adulthood, otherwise it's dysfunctional. Many adults act like rebellious children - they should be part of running things and they are causing this cultural instability by being irresponsible and stupid. Never mind the debt they are in.

There is nothing wrong with being, acting and looking the part of a responsible dignified adult. It is like that is a bad thing now.
I think it would be very interesting to see a large-scale peer reviewed study on whether there's an association (easier to prove) and how direct it is (harder to prove) between some of those things.

My hypothesis is, to give one example, that people with tattoos that weren't visible or only slightly visible, such as on the upper arm, would have a social profile (criminal behavior, drug use, etc.), similar to the population with no tattoos, because there's so many of them. That's probably the same with a small stud nose earring, although my guess is that those folks would have a psychological profile that's a little more on the artsy side than someone with none. It also makes me think the person is more on the impulsive side, but that's not always the case as some people elaborately plan these. So, like many things, the answer is "it depends". I'm not a tattoo/piercing kind of person myself though.

I also think there's some context in seeing a difference between someone whose relative passed away and they get a tattoo in memory of them somewhere where only they can see it unless they choose to display it (upper arm counts). That may not be what I would choose to do, but if it gives them comfort of some sort, what's the harm? But that certainly speaks to a different motivation than someone who has devil's horns with 666 and a pitchfork or "Crip Killa" or a swastika tattooed all over their face, in terms of basic respect for themselves and others in how they present themselves.

My hypothesis (which is just an educated guess) is that once you get into the large offensive tattoos directly on the neck and face, that dysfunctional profile (criminal history, drug use, etc.) would go way up. Same with having all kinds of weird body piercings all over one's self. I base this, in part, on seeing the inmates in my local jail and the sheriff has photos of people arrested (different discussion with pros/cons too), so you see this more commonly than among the general unincarcerated population, even including Walmart (let's throw Whole Food in too). And oddly enough, just anecdotally, inmates have good BMI ratios for the most part using that same source (lousy food and working out a lot keeps them trim? ).

Last edited by Jowel; 10-01-2020 at 12:35 PM..

Old 10-01-2020, 12:28 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Hey some folks have dope tattoos.
But the obesity needs to be taken care of.
"Dope" and tattoos certainly belong together.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:31 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
OK, grandpaw. Next thing you know these young folk will be dancing to that infernal rock 'n roll music without leaving room for the holy ghost in-between them! The horror!
Ever hear of the Weimar Republic, kid?

Sometimes it's bigger than geezers and rock and roll. Like six million times bigger.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:35 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Maybe so, but I hate tatoos and think they are ugly. Why mutilate your body that way? My first impression of them is they must have an inferiority complex to do that.
I don't care if people want to have tattoos, but personally I would never get one. I have never seen a tattoo that was so attractive that I would want it on my body for the rest of my life.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Ever hear of the Weimar Republic, kid?

Sometimes it's bigger than geezers and rock and roll. Like six million times bigger.

How on Earth did you get around to making this about Nazis and the Holocaust?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, Hitler and the SS were just mad about the Jews casual dress and body art.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:47 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I'm not promoting Sharia Law. I'm promoting modesty- which is necessary if you want to live in an orderly and dignified society.
OK, I'll bite. Why? What is it about the human form that rules out order and dignity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies