Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 02:02 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I like our current Cafe stuff (GE) better than our previous KitchenAid (Whirlpool?) stuff.

Our LG washer and drier have been fantastic - assuming you're talking about front-load stuff. Top-loaders might be a different ballgame.
We have LG everything...came with the house. The washer and dryer are okay. The fridge is on it's way out, the dishwasher is dead. They are all around 5 years old. The repair guy told me LG and Samsung are the worst. I think the Cafe stuff is a tier or two higher than KitchenAid.

I just saw that poster mention appliances and went off on a tangent.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 02:02 PM

853 posts, read 337,107 times
“Children; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. They no longer rise when elders enter the room, they contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers. Children are now tyrants.”

That's Socrates complaining about kids these days (circa 400 BC).

Old 09-28-2020, 02:04 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
An "idiocracy" is the inevitable result of mass, liberal, universal suffrage democracy.
Nah, it's the result of stupid people having more kids than intelligent people. That's a problem with both liberals and conservatives.

Old 09-28-2020, 02:08 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
I moved away from the classless unwashed about 10 years ago. I have very minimal contact with incorrigibles and mongrels. Life is good....

Old 09-28-2020, 02:14 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's not really fair to generalize from a self-selected group.

Go to Trader Joes and you'll see completely different crowd.

You're right, Walmart tends to attract the undignified.
I would go a little farther and say "Many Walmarts tend to attract the undignified." It's not all, by any means. In the last few weeks we have been to the Walmarts in Bellevue, WA, Monroe, WA, and Poulsbo WA, all of which were patronized by very normal people without obesity, odd attire or even visible tattoos.

On the other hand, the one in Renton, WA is much like those we have visited in other states where it's almost like being in a funhouse.

Old 09-28-2020, 02:19 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I moved away from the classless unwashed about 10 years ago. I have very minimal contact with incorrigibles and mongrels. Life is good....
Im the opposite. I prefer people that are down to earth and don’t have their noses in the air. :]

Old 09-28-2020, 02:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
The fat, ugly, loud and dumb crap show I see at markets like Walmart is almost entirely made up of those of foreign origin, mostly southern border jumpers. Open borders and too much for too long mass immigration is the root of all our evils.

Old 09-28-2020, 02:30 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Im the opposite. I prefer people that are down to earth and don’t have their noses in the air. :]
enjoy!

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The fat, ugly, loud and dumb crap show I see at markets like Walmart is almost entirely made up of those of foreign origin, mostly southern border jumpers. Open borders and too much for too long mass immigration is the root of all our evils.
That moment when Xenophobic thinking enters the chat.

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I am. Walmart is incredibly convenient.

Why are you picking this nit to death? I go to Walmart frequently, so I can speak with some authority about what people look like who are inside the store.

The point is, MAN you see people who don't give one flip about what they look like at walmart, where you don't see that in other areas of the general public.

And, outside our walmarts and inside there are armed rentacops making sure people don't assault others over the mask issue.

At HEB, you've got a teenage girl doing that duty greeting people as they come in. Not armed cops.

And there's a reason the management at Walmart, who are money geniuses, are willing to fork out money for two rentacops in the store. Because they're needed.

And they're not at HEB.
Since when is discussion "nitpicking"? You are the one who made the comment about the "types of people who are attracted to Walmart". I was carrying on the discussion. Get over yourself...............or don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies