Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 06:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't get the vindictiveness on the left. Are they saying the grand jury was racially motivated? That's just ignorant and mean spirited on their part. They got the facts and were left to make the decision with what the judge and attorneys told them. It was based on careful consideration and they had no reason to have any political motivations, unlike others.
Do they want revenge on these jurors? Blood? The family got a settlement and they can get closure. I think they need to cut ties with the parasites who have pushed them and paraded them out in front of the media and will now want a BIG piece of what they got.
Of course it was racially motivated in its decision! Drug laws are unconstitutional (by design).

If anyone is unsure or doesnt believe the extremely racist history of drug laws, simply Google the topic and see for yourself...pay close attention to the National Security advisor at the time, explaining why tough drug laws are needed...this says it all very clearly...the laws were intended to target certain minorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 06:18 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No one deserves any of this
BS- Brianna and her boyfriend were not "innocent". That is how they came into contact with the law. He was a drug dealer and she was a "mule". She was fired from her EMT job for stealing drugs.

How come all the black "heroes" are criminals?

Drugs are "racist"? Drugs are chemical compounds which bind with receptors in human brains, not groups of humans. It is the inability to resist the drug that is the problem, which is a matter of will. I am not addicted to any drugs, nor do I take them. I smoked pot in high school (everyone did), but gave it up when going to college, as that is what adults do. And if you are going there, I don't drink either. Drugs are for weak individuals who cannot face reality. And again, before you go there, I grew up poor and had plenty to "escape" from. Half my neighborhood and school was black, but I never recall them whining or feeling slighted by being black. But I guess those were days when individualism and optimism was prevalent, rather than the days of today when being a weak, whining baby is celebrated.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
BS- Brianna and her boyfriend were not "innocent". That is how they came into contact with the law. He was a drug dealer and she was a "mule". She was fired from her EMT job for stealing drugs.

Drugs are "racist"? Drugs are chemical compounds which bind with receptors in human brains, not groups of humans. It is the inability to resist the drug that is the problem, which is a matter of will. I am not addicted to any drugs, nor do I take them. I smoked pot in high school (everyone did), but gave it up when going to college, as that is what adults do. And if you are going there, I don't drink either. Drugs are for weak individuals who cannot face reality. And again, before you go there, I grew up poor and had plenty to "escape" from. Half my neighborhood and school was black, but I never recall them whining or feeling slighted by being black. But I guess those were days when individualism and optimism was prevalent, rather than the days of today when being a weak, whining baby is celebrated.
None of that makes a difference, the Constitution does not permit the Govt to create laws on 'drugs' in the first place!

As I said before, if you dont believe how racist these laws are...read up on why the laws were created decades ago, they were very clear on what these laws were targeting, they admitted lying outright about the dangers of drugs, so they could target minorities.

One of the main duties of law enforcement is to PROTECT CITIZENS RIGHTS...and now we have police violating citizens rights along with the govt!! How do you expect people to respond to this?

Old 09-29-2020, 06:36 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yes, one of the grand jurors filed a motion to release the transcripts. The motion is interesting, somewhat critical of the AG’s statements as well.

The entire situation is unfortunate. However, one of my close friends is on a SWAT team and has conducted many no-knock warrants. He said that this was the result of poor planning and execution. Going to pick his brain a bit more about it. Just haven’t yet gotten the time.
Regardless, the grand jury chose to indict on one charge and not on any other charges. The Attorney General stated these facts. I wager that you may have had some on the grand jury who felt differently, but they didn't win out.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:08 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Of course it was racially motivated in its decision! Drug laws are unconstitutional (by design).

If anyone is unsure or doesnt believe the extremely racist history of drug laws, simply Google the topic and see for yourself...pay close attention to the National Security advisor at the time, explaining why tough drug laws are needed...this says it all very clearly...the laws were intended to target certain minorities.
Oh, this tired argument again? Answer me this...Which has a greater detrimental effect on black individuals and community: drug laws or doing and selling drugs? Without a doubt selling and doing drugs does much greater harm to the black community (or any community for that matter) than the drug laws themselves. I say this as someone who is for changing how we approach drug users and sellers. Users should be approached with more (not completely) of a treatment mindset. Sellers on the other hand should be dealt with more severally than they are today.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Oh, this tired argument again? Answer me this...Which has a greater detrimental effect on black individuals and community: drug laws or doing and selling drugs? Without a doubt selling and doing drugs does much greater harm to the black community (or any community for that matter) than the drug laws themselves. I say this as someone who is for changing how we approach drug users and sellers. Users should be approached with more (not completely) of a treatment mindset. Sellers on the other hand should be dealt with more severally than they are today.
Are you aware that a large percentage of small time dealers, are just addicts themselves, and only resorted to dealing drugs, as a way to fund their own addiction?!

In my day of using, I only came across one guy involved in dealing, that did not use the drugs themselves, (and he was a mid level guy too, he didnt sell to individual users

Old 09-29-2020, 08:12 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,469 times
Drugs are illegal, drugs are bad. People who do, associate, sell are bad. When they are caught. Shot, killed and imprisoned it’s called justice. Stop calling it racist. It’s not our fault that like majority of dealers and people involved are black.

Tell black communities quit doing drugs quit shooting at cops and quit selling drugs and you won’t go to prison or possibly die. If not from a raid then by a block person trying to rob them. Black on black crimes is their fault

Nothing racial about drug laws. You do the crime you suffer death or imprisonment

Imo rightfully so. Drug dealers are the worst, enabling other druggies

Old 09-29-2020, 09:17 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Ex boyfriend

Old 09-29-2020, 09:19 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Drugs are illegal, drugs are bad. People who do, associate, sell are bad. When they are caught. Shot, killed and imprisoned it’s called justice. Stop calling it racist. It’s not our fault that like majority of dealers and people involved are black.

Tell black communities quit doing drugs quit shooting at cops and quit selling drugs and you won’t go to prison or possibly die. If not from a raid then by a block person trying to rob them. Black on black crimes is their fault

Nothing racial about drug laws. You do the crime you suffer death or imprisonment

Imo rightfully so. Drug dealers are the worst, enabling other druggies
War on drugs is a joke...

Old 09-29-2020, 09:27 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
If the raid had occurred in daylight and police had better visibility they would have less excuses for putting 5 bullets into the person who didn't shoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies