Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 12:11 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times

Advertisements

If it covers ONE DIME of government employee pensions or ONE DIME to rebuild damage caused by BLM terrorists, FORGET IT!!

Half of this country should not feel pain from democrat decisions/policy they had noting to do with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 12:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If it covers ONE DIME of government employee pensions or ONE DIME to rebuild damage caused by BLM terrorists, FORGET IT!!

Half of this country should not feel pain from democrat decisions/policy they had noting to do with.
I'm guessing we know your thoughts on illegals receiving such checks?

Old 09-29-2020, 12:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Nancy caved !!!
She did as much damage as she could to people in need but now the pressure is to much !!!

The question is always the same on a big amount !!!
Will it get to where its supposed to go or be diverted elsewhere ?

Old 09-29-2020, 06:41 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Corporations got stimulus to keep people on the payroll, so that went to directly benefit workers to the tune of thousands per worker for those who worked at such corporations.
After scouring the web for evidence of this, I cannot find any mention of this. All I find is companies laying off people left and right. Please do provide me with your source.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:46 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
No raise in the stimulus for Nancy this time?

Old 09-29-2020, 06:48 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,784,958 times
I hope it passes. It would help many Americans.

Old 09-30-2020, 01:06 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
More money for airlines! You can't make this stuff up! LOL. Where is money for small businesses?

Old 09-30-2020, 01:25 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
If there had not been an over-reaction to COVID (in my opinion which is based on the fatality rate), there would be no need for stimulus payments. I know that hindsight is 20/20, but once the data was in and the number of hospitalizations had leveled off, back in late April for most states, schools and businesses in those states that were not hit hard should have been allowed to continue as usual, with those people who were most at risk being responsible for taking extra precautions for themselves. (Again, this is my OPINION -- and I'm a senior, btw.)

Meanwhile, who is going to pay for all this? Rhetorical question, of course.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:58 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
We don’t qualify for a stimulus check but there a lot of families struggling so I’m sure the aid will be much appreciated.

I think they need to offer aid to landlords especially those with mortgages. How can you keep up your payments and repairs if no one is paying rent ?

Old 09-30-2020, 07:15 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Nancy caved !!!
She did as much damage as she could to people in need but now the pressure is to much !!!

The question is always the same on a big amount !!!
Will it get to where its supposed to go or be diverted elsewhere ?
Not entirely, they still have this in the bill:

$75 billion for coronavirus testing

Which is entirely unnecessary for this hoax overreaction.

Nonetheless, since many places still aren't open, or still aren't hiring, or are only hiring for a few hours a day (I've talked to many restaurant workers in the last couple of months - they may be working when you're there, but they sure as hell aren't making a lot of money because they have few hours), people need help.

This was not of their choosing to be shut down for "2 weeks" which turned into tyrants not wanting to give up their power (which I warned about back in March, on this very forum), and still exists in many parts of the country.

I know it will cost future generations - and it's one of the very few times I agree with helping the people with some money. And maybe those future generations will understand WHY this all happened, and not fall for huge lies thrown at them under the guise of "for your safety" by government - local or federal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies