Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 04:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Oh god no. This better get buzzed away.

Not a chance a single dollar needs to go to any illegals. Don’t care if they are homeless starving in street. They are not Americans. They are tresspassers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...immigrants.amp
Get used to this if Biden/Harris are elected. Free healthcare for illegals. We'll just keep encouraging them to come here because they're treated better than our own homeless are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 04:07 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
I know several people who used the stimulus check for big ticket items, like TVs, computers and iPhones. Also know someone on "disability" that was getting $400/wk in extra food $$ and spent wastefully. Democrats only came out with this for votes. They know it wouldn't pass. They want it to look like the Republicans doesn't care about people. People need to go back to work. There are enough people living on the taxpayers dime and not doing anything.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:15 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I know several people who used the stimulus check for big ticket items, like TVs, computers and iPhones. Also know someone on "disability" that was getting $400/wk in extra food $$ and spent wastefully. Democrats only came out with this for votes. They know it wouldn't pass. They want it to look like the Republicans doesn't care about people. People need to go back to work. There are enough people living on the taxpayers dime and not doing anything.
Wow! $1,600 a month for food? Did the person have dependents at the house? Was that government addition in food stamps on top of the normal payment?

Old 10-01-2020, 04:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
That's what they were supposed to do.

I'm also surprised by the $400/week in 'extra food money'. Can you explain that one?

Old 10-01-2020, 04:19 PM

628 posts, read 209,163 times
Ugh. This is huge amounts of money they're pissing away that we and our children will be stuck paying the debt on.

This is so stupid.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:20 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Probably several thousand bank employees across the system have stolen virus relief funds.

JP Morgan Chase - more than 500 got vrf

Tremendous amount of corruption has been found in these programs that are run through the Big Banks and the Fed.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:43 PM

3,827 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
I know several people who used the stimulus check for big ticket items, like TVs, computers and iPhones. Also know someone on "disability" that was getting $400/wk in extra food $$

I really highly doubt your giving honest information. If you are referring to the extra emergency money given for food stamps it was only an extra $25 dollars per person, per month. The other emergency money given was for Pandemic-EBT. This covered children who would have received free/reduced lunch in a school setting. With schools closed children could NOT access this, so the equivalent was $5.70 per day, per child. That money was then added to an EBT card given to families. That is NO WHERE NEAR your fake numbers.

This is the truth please stop spreading lies.

I support giving people extra emergency money to make sure they are well fed during a pandemic. My gosh how can you lie about the numbers but also not seem to support feeding fellow human beings; mostly children and families with extra aid?

Lastly, the whole point of the stimulus money was to stimulate the economy so regardless of what people bought, they did exactly that, stimulate the economy with their purchases.

Most families though used it for necessities; food, rent and bills.

Old 10-01-2020, 06:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's what they were supposed to do.

I'm also surprised by the $400/week in 'extra food money'. Can you explain that one?
They will:

Reinstate the $600 per week enhanced unemployment benefit through January

Send a second $1,200 direct payment to most Americans

Give $436 billion in relief over one year to state and local governments

Authorize more money for a second round of Paycheck Protection Program loans for the hardest-hit
businesses and industries

Send $25 billion to airlines to cover payroll costs

Inject $75 billion into Covid-19 testing and contact tracing efforts

Put $225 billion into education and $57 billion into child care

Old 10-01-2020, 06:59 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Oh god no. This better get buzzed away.

Not a chance a single dollar needs to go to any illegals. Don’t care if they are homeless starving in street. They are not Americans. They are tresspassers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...immigrants.amp
If it’s also going to illegals then I would rather have it not pass at all.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-02-2020, 05:34 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
So Nancy pushed her 2.2t proposal through the house. Got 18 defectors from dems. Can mnuchin make the house vote on the 1.6 tril offer and maybe those dem defectors will support it? Reason I ask is I read “Nancy would not allow house to vote on it” if they tried

If that’s true, why can she push dem bill but block another bill from being voted on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies