Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 10:01 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Only Trump cult members see it this way. This was supposed to be a presidential debate. Not a couple of drunk guys behind a bar.

Trump comes across as a thin skinned, defensive undisciplined blowhard to rational people. Of course that's what Trump supporters like because that is what most Trump supporters are.
Only Biden supporters will blame Trump for Biden’s weak behavior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 10:02 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
The only way I'd watch is if the current popular Facebook meme comes true: Samuel L. Jackson as moderator.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:07 AM

589 posts, read 299,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
The Democrats including Biden has been mocking, lying and covering up their own scandals for 3 1/2 years, then they expect Trump or for that matter any conservative totakethe high road. Trump doesn’t take it and gives it right back to them. The media doesn’t report anything negative about Biden like him using his position to help his son advance into a high paying positions in Ukraine and China, Trump forced it to be heard. Biden couldn’t deny it.
Trust me, I completely agree what you are saying and I'm DEFINITELY not for Biden. But, in a debate, I would like to hear the response from each candidate what they have to say so that I can justify their positions with their actions. This over talking of one another does absolutely nothing to the content of what is being debated is all I'm saying and just muddies the point each is trying to make.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:17 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,191,203 times
Trump set himself spectacularly ablaze last night, and we all got to watch him burn.

It was an embarrassment to see, but the whole world needed to witness it.

It made up my mind on who I want to represent America for the next four years.

Move over MAGA, now Dems have a new slogan for their hats: "Shut up, man!"

(where can I get mine??)

Old 09-30-2020, 10:17 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Trust me, I completely agree what you are saying and I'm DEFINITELY not for Biden. But, in a debate, I would like to hear the response from each candidate what they have to say so that I can justify their positions with their actions. This over talking of one another does absolutely nothing to the content of what is being debated is all I'm saying and just muddies the point each is trying to make.
I hear you, I remember past debates where the GOP was calm and professional and the moderator always allowed the democratic candidate have free rein and like during the debate between Romney and Obama even included their 2cents in, in favor of Obama.

I wish he had Reagan’s way by using his sense of humor to deflect, but that isn’t Trump. My husband actually met Trump and his son and said he was a really nice guy. Biden can be nasty and he doesn’t just keep it for other candidates, but says personal insults to regular citizens.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Town Hall format..so not sure it will have the same combative vibe.

Biden is committed to it.

Who knows about Trump.

Heard Fox & Friends were giving Trump debate tips this morning -- so they mustn't think he did that well.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:19 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think this debate proves the debates are worthless. Everyone already knows the difference between these two candidates and the parties they represent.

The main value of last night was to put to rest Trump's number one go-to reelection campaign strategy--that Biden is not competent. Once that was established as a lie, the value of any further debates was diminished, IMO. A waste of time for both sides.
And it put to rest Biden's campaign strategy, that he is presidential. That was established as a lie. He was a bigger jerk than Trump last night.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:24 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I hear you, I remember past debates where the GOP was calm and professional and the moderator always allowed the democratic candidate have free rein and like during the debate between Romney and Obama even included their 2cents in, in favor of Obama.

I wish he had Reagan’s way by using his sense of humor to deflect, but that isn’t Trump. My husband actually met Trump and his son and said he was a really nice guy. Biden can be nasty and he doesn’t just keep it for other candidates, but says personal insults to regular citizens.
That's probably the best response for these people with hopeless TDS on here,

"There you go again."

Trump should use on Biden the Christie tactic on Rubio. Biden is also programmed and not very smart.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:25 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Trump's behavior was so over the top that I gotta think it was some kind of weird strategy of his. One thing that occurred to me is that he doesn't want any more debates, so he thinks if he makes a mess of the first one the other two will be canceled.
His plan was to make Joe lose his cool and for the people to see he's not the polished, congenial, gentleman President he presents himself as and Trump definitely brought that out.

Probably 97% of the people already know which way they are going to vote - I see no need for a 2nd debate and it shouldn't be with Joe anyway - it should be with Kamala as we know that's the Dems goal anyway - have the 1st black woman President. Next go round they'll put up a transgender - hopefully they'll find someone who would actually reflect the ideals of the American people.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:27 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What's the point of saying things you know are not true?
you mean Biden did not pull a wire out of his jacket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies