Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 01:04 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,902,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Why didn't Chris Wallace ask Trump about his tweet from a few months ago when he retweeted a clip of one of his supporters yelling "white power" amid the whole Floyd/BLM protests? Trump later deleted it among backlash, I know Tim Scott was particularly disappointed with it.

If they're trying to paint Trump as a racist, wouldn't it have been better to ask Trump directly about his reason for tweeting that video rather than play gotcha with Trump on something like the Proud Boys which he has repeatedly denied knowing anything about?
Come On, Man! Wallace is a Democrat and hates Trump, but he's got to pretend he doesn't! Wallace's questions to Trump about disavowing white supremacists and about paying only $750 in taxes were sucker punches! Wallace sucks as an unbiased reporter! A much better question for Trump AND Biden would have been: "During your time in Washington, what have YOU done for AMERICA?" Biden's silence would have been golden!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Come On, Man! Wallace is a Democrat and hates Trump, but he's got to pretend he doesn't! Wallace's questions to Trump about disavowing white supremacists and about paying only $750 in taxes were sucker punches! Wallace sucks as an unbiased reporter! A much better question for Trump NAD Biden would have been: "What have YOU done for AMERICA?
Do you think it would have been responsible to go on the air for a debate, the day after the bombshell dropped that Trump only pays $750 in taxes, and not mention it, and ask him to answer for it?

Only the most extreme partisan moderator would give Trump a pass on that topic that's on everyone's mind, and is fair game for a candidate discussion.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:08 PM

494 posts, read 179,929 times
I agree with ClaraC on this one. I'm not a fan of Trump, but even I can admit that it was probably tweeted without being scrutinized that closely. I don't think he is that much of a moron to post it on purpose. And to say that Wallace was just stirring things up by asking about some fringe group that Trump, even the next day, claims he doesn't know is just wrong. It was a fair question.

What you should be asking yourselves and be worried about is why the next day Trump is still claiming he doesn't know who the Proud Boys are. Either trump is so stupid that he doesn't think to research them right after the debate or he thinks his supporters are so stupid that they'll believe him when he says he doesn't know who they are.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:10 PM

494 posts, read 179,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Come On, Man! Wallace is a Democrat and hates Trump, but he's got to pretend he doesn't! Wallace's questions to Trump about disavowing white supremacists and about paying only $750 in taxes were sucker punches! Wallace sucks as an unbiased reporter! A much better question for Trump AND Biden would have been: "During your time in Washington, what have YOU done for AMERICA?" Biden's silence would have been golden!
I think you need to pull your head out of Trump's fat butt and look at this through the eyes of the sane public. This was just released and one of the biggest news stories. To not ask about it would have been doing a disservice to the public and the spirit of the debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies