Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 10:52 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
"CA just became the first state in the nation to mandate the study and development of proposals for reparations.

Our past is one of slavery, racism, and injustice. Our systems were built to oppress people of color.

It’s past time we acknowledge that."

Quote above from Gavin Newsome.
https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/stat...32334743273472

This makes no sense. No one living in America today was a slave their parents weren't slaves their grandparents weren't slaves. CA is taxed up the wazoo as it is enough with this nonsense.
That's fine - since you make so much and have so much extra to pay for these reparations - that means no more of my Federal tax money. It can help out the cities elsewhere destroyed by your liberal hooligans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 10:53 AM

6,100 posts, read 2,721,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
That's fine - since you make so much and have so much extra to pay for these reparations - that means no more of my Federal tax money. It can help out the cities elsewhere destroyed by your liberal hooligans.
How about the people who looted, rioted, destroyed homes and businesses pay reparation's to their victims?

Old 10-01-2020, 10:56 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
I sincerely hope that if this happens, then any descendant of a soldier who fought to free the slaves files suit.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:57 AM

4,343 posts, read 2,229,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
How about the people who looted, rioted, destroyed homes and businesses pay reparation's to their victims?
The looting is "pre-reparations" - as a pilot tax program for redistribution of wealth.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
California studying proposals for reperations.

If they are going to do a complete study I offer them a hand !!!
I do hope Ca. studies my hand and is able to come to a conclusion why my longest finger is extended !!!

Old 10-01-2020, 11:06 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I’m sure all the Mexicans there will back this. They’re well known to have lots of love for black people.
Plus they would be paying reparations when they're ancestors weren't even in America at the time. Matter of fact, most who are voting for this reparations bs are those who were born after, say, 1995. This is just an excuse to give out free money at the tax payers expense. None of my relatives were even on this continent at the time there were slaves. My ancestors all immigrated legally to America during WWI and their kids, which were my grandparents, were old enough to join the armed forces and fight to defend America during WWII. Just my family, for example, we had absolutely nothing to do with slavery in the US. But phuktards like Gavin Newsom seem to want to punish all tax payers regardless. Total BS!

Old 10-01-2020, 11:18 AM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Reparations for Asians. For years California sought to exclude immigration from China and Japan. They kept them from colleges and certain careers. Made it so they couldn't marry. Still today, Asians need higher scores and grades to get into colleges than other racial groups (racist Californian colleges).

Reparations for women. For years women were kept out of colleges and careers in California.

Reparations for Japanese. It was California politicians that begged FDR to round up Japanese and Japanese-Americans on the west-coast.

Reparations for Native Americans. Duh, they are the racial group to live in the most poverty. Come on California.

Reparations for Rural Californians. For making them go along with the insanity.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:47 PM

6,100 posts, read 2,721,277 times
I can see this ending up in court and being thrown out as unconstitutional or you have every other ethnic group demanding reoperations.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:53 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Plus they would be paying reparations when they're ancestors weren't even in America at the time. Matter of fact, most who are voting for this reparations bs are those who were born after, say, 1995. This is just an excuse to give out free money at the tax payers expense. None of my relatives were even on this continent at the time there were slaves. My ancestors all immigrated legally to America during WWI and their kids, which were my grandparents, were old enough to join the armed forces and fight to defend America during WWII. Just my family, for example, we had absolutely nothing to do with slavery in the US. But phuktards like Gavin Newsom seem to want to punish all tax payers regardless. Total BS!
Liberalism does not have to make sense or be legally just.

As long as it provides virtue signaling and the feelings of libs are assuaged, then it must be done. Thank God only in liberal enclaves governed by lunatics!

The good thing about this is that the sane people left in CA will leave there. All that will remain are dependents of the government, living off "reparations".

I think it is great to have these liberal states passing more and more insane legislation. It demonstrates to everyone else in the country how crazy these policies are and persuades more and more people to leave the democrat party.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There probably will be an exodus of black people moving to California ....

Good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies