Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 11:40 AM

17,379 posts, read 13,130,168 times

Advertisements

I can't post this in H&W due to no vaccine rules

https://www.drugtopics.com/view/surv...1hbkBhb2wuY29t

Quote:
“We may see peaks of flu and COVID-19 at the same time, which could overwhelm the health care system, strain testing capacity, and potentially reduce our ability to catch and treat both respiratory illnesses effectively,” Mott Poll co-director Sarah Clark, MPH, said in a press release.2

Overall, 2-thirds of parents this year intend to get their child vaccinated against the flu (49% very likely and 19% likely). Compared with younger children, parental intentions for teens getting vaccinated were slightly lower (73% for ages 2 to 4 years, 70% for ages 5 to 12 years, and 65% for ages 13 to 18 years).1

How the hell can people not get routine vaccinations in the modern world. Especially when COVID is so present???

Idiots!

Old 10-01-2020, 12:02 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,620,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

How the hell can people not get routine vaccinations in the modern world. Especially when COVID is so present???

Idiots!
I got the flu vaccine once and then got sick. Not with flu, it was actually the earliest signs of my autoimmune disease. Do what you feel is best and clearly you believe in the flu vaccine so get one and stop calling people who see things in a different way, idiots. You will never convince anyone to share your view when you treat them poorly.

I also wonder why you are talking about parents and not just referring to everyone. Most adults don’t get the flu vaccine for themselves. Do you think they are idiots too?

The evidence surrounding the flu vaccine is not great. Please read for yourself.
https://www.cochrane.org/news/featur...uenza-vaccines

I will do what I always do for flu and what I’ve been doing in case I get covid. Make sure I have adequate levels of vitamin D. Taking daily vitamin C Daily and ensure that I have elderberry on hand in case I do get sick.

Good luck to you. Getting the flu is something that we all stand a 5% to 20% chance of getting on any given year. Most people won’t get it no matter what they do but if you do get it, take care of yourself.

Being angry and calling people idiots might just lower your immune system to be careful.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:03 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,516,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I got the flu vaccine once and then got sick. Not with flu, it was actually the earliest signs of my autoimmune disease. Do what you feel is best and clearly you believe in the flu vaccine so get one and stop calling people who see things in a different way, idiots. You will never convince anyone to share your view when you treat them poorly.

I also wonder why you are talking about parents and not just referring to everyone. Most adults don’t get the flu vaccine for themselves. Do you think they are idiots too?

The evidence surrounding the flu vaccine is not great. Please read for yourself.
https://www.cochrane.org/news/featur...uenza-vaccines

I will do what I always do for flu and what I’ve been doing in case I get covid. Make sure I have adequate levels of vitamin D. Taking daily vitamin C Daily and ensure that I have elderberry on hand in case I do get sick.

Good luck to you. Getting the flu is something that we all stand a 5% to 20% chance of getting on any given year. Most people won’t get it no matter what they do but if you do get it, take care of yourself.

Being angry and calling people idiots might just lower your immune system to be careful.

Heretic! If you have your way, big pHARMa will die!

Old 10-01-2020, 12:04 PM

20,581 posts, read 19,247,485 times
Quote:

Idiots!

I think people that get vaccinations for flu are relatively idiotic to make it a priority over many other easier and beneficial things. Go ahead and do so but vitamin D and zinc supplements, and avoiding antipyretics is more effective than a narrow band treatment.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 10-01-2020 at 12:43 PM..

Old 10-01-2020, 12:05 PM

7,731 posts, read 5,462,081 times
Quote:

Idiots!

Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter. The greatest misinformation campaign in the history of the modern world. It will be a topic much studied in the future. How the digital information age betrayed the common man.

You could easily convince the same people who believe the flu vaccine doesn't work and does more harm that the small pox vaccine is a liberal fairy tale.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:05 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,025,830 times
Quote:

Idiots!
ALL my kids are vaccine free and so am I and my wife since we were adults. Healthy as can be! You have any idea what's in those vaccines? The side affects? 2 of my kids already have behavioral issues as it is I won't risk adding more problems with dangerous vaccines. Hell my youngest 2 never saw a pediatrician because they didn't need to! I don't care how much they weigh or how tall they are, after 3 kids I knew how much a baby is supposed to weigh, what they are supposed to eat, etc etc we knew all the basic things of caring for an infant. Even now we only see doctors if we are deathly sick or have broken or cut something open we can't handle. All I will get from a doctor is 50 questions as to why we don't vaccinate and just asinine accusations etc like we are idiots. I raise my kids as free from modern medicine and all that crap as I can, they play in the mud and dirt and are just KIDS they don't need all this modern day junk.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:06 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,586,532 times
Flu shots can lessen the severity of the flu and prevent hospitalization or worse. Youngest children most at risk, study says.

Good article on children and the flu. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...risk-flu-death

Old 10-01-2020, 12:09 PM

3,992 posts, read 1,838,247 times
Lots and lots of people do not get the flu shot, now or before. I am surprised it's only 1 in 3.

Flu shot effectiveness hovers between 40 - 60% most years - so it's not exactly a silver bullet.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:19 PM

7,666 posts, read 5,443,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
ALL my kids are vaccine free and so am I and my wife since we were adults. Healthy as can be! You have any idea what's in those vaccines? The side affects? 2 of my kids already have behavioral issues as it is I won't risk adding more problems with dangerous vaccines. Hell my youngest 2 never saw a pediatrician because they didn't need to! I don't care how much they weigh or how tall they are, after 3 kids I knew how much a baby is supposed to weigh, what they are supposed to eat, etc etc we knew all the basic things of caring for an infant. Even now we only see doctors if we are deathly sick or have broken or cut something open we can't handle. All I will get from a doctor is 50 questions as to why we don't vaccinate and just asinine accusations etc like we are idiots. I raise my kids as free from modern medicine and all that crap as I can, they play in the mud and dirt and are just KIDS they don't need all this modern day junk.
You may want to rethink that, particularly as you grow older. For example, it’s a lot easier to treat cancer when it’s at stage 1 than when it’s at stage 4.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:23 PM

36,029 posts, read 30,551,132 times
Quote:

Idiots!
I don't consider the flu shot a routine vaccination like immunizations.
Its a crap shoot at best that it may prevent or lessen the symptoms of what ever prevalent flu virus is floating around in any given year in the chance you may become infected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies