Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 04:38 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wild guess, you don't want any non-Whites coming to America.
They aren't even trying to hide their rascism anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 04:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
He didn't say that did he? Has nothing to do with color, has to do with letting the wrong people in.
So under his administration, the USA govt. can't vet refugeess properly.

He knows some of the limits of his leadership -- that's for sure.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:55 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Just 15,000 refugees facing persecution are allowed into a nation of some 330 million. Do the people running the US have no shame?
Guess they don't take the poem on the statue of liberty to mean anything anymore...

"Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door"

Old 10-08-2020, 05:00 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
About as much as the left hides its anti white racism.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:10 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
However, when said persons are called out on it, few will admit to it, or some will squirm. I don't have an issue with refugees of any race/ethnicity being here. When said person was saying "we should start with the Afrikaners and farmers from Rhodesia", I could tell that was a racial slight. The fact that said person refers to Zimbabwe as "Rhodesia" tells me he has a white supremacist mentality. That he said that we should start with Afrikaners tells me that this is about race for said person. If Afrikaner/White South Africans want to come to America, I don't have a problem. I've met some White South Africans. For the most part, they've been nice. Rarely had a problem. Only met one I didn't like, and he was a snob anyway. What I do notice is someone who probably would want America to be "Whites only".

Old 10-10-2020, 06:20 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
We're smarter than Europe.....you keep letting these people in and you end up with more Ilhan Omar's. Let Europe take these refugees if they're so upset about it. I'm not. OR how about Canada....? Never hear them stepping up to take all these 'refugees'.....

Per capita Canada settles more refuges than the US. In some years, the actual numbers are higher in Canada.
For instance in 2018 Canada settled 28,000 refugees, while the US settled 23,000. In 2018 Canada took the most refugees of any county on the planet. For 2020 the target was 30,000 but I'm sure Covid has made that impossible.

So just because you "Never hear them stepping up to take all these 'refugees'." doesn't mean anything in regards to the truth.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:46 PM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Guess they don't take the poem on the statue of liberty to mean anything anymore...

"Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door"
That poem doesn't dictate or over rule our modern day immigration laws and quotas. We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year in keeping with our ability to provide them with jobs and resources without it negatively impacting our own citizens. We can't be the employment agency and flop house to the whole world's poor and needy as it would be committing national suicide.

We are no longer a wide open frontier in need of population growth and nation builders. There is nothing racist about sane immigration policies in today's modern world.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:56 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,215,513 times
Whenever one of these announcements comes out I always think of the many times the administration swears it isn't against immigration if it's done legally. Trump claims not to be against immigrants, just illegal immigrants, but his executive orders and other actions don't seem to make that distinction.

Old 10-11-2020, 07:37 AM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Whenever one of these announcements comes out I always think of the many times the administration swears it isn't against immigration if it's done legally. Trump claims not to be against immigrants, just illegal immigrants, but his executive orders and other actions don't seem to make that distinction.
How so? Please explain. It's wrong to deny entry to those from known terrorist countries? It's wrong to deny entry to bogus asylum seekers? It's wrong to deny entry from a country that is suspected to have originated the virus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies