Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 01:53 PM

13,268 posts, read 8,371,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
And they would be just as disgusting. It’s one thing to disagree or call someone out, it’s another to wish someone dead or glad they got sick.

Nice try at attempting to excuse disgusting behavior. I should be surprised but I’m not.
I agree. But your dear potus has parlayed distinctly years of disgusting words and deeds. I know he would be on a Twitter fest if Biden got it. He would see this as his opportunity to win off the hardship of another. That's the kind of leader in office.

He will get no sympathy vote here.

Clearly covid vaccine is not a mixture of rudeness....cuz Trump has plenty of that!!!
He mocked Biden on the rally circuit saying how his followers aren't worried about covid and show up without masks.
Yes Trump is choking on humble pie.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:54 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,299,774 times
I see Mike Pence is now wearing a mask.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:57 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,299,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
question
if trump were to die in mid-late october
and the rnc were to pick a new candidate
who could be pence or someone else
and the nov 3 election date was not enough time to prepare , so cancelled
how long could it take to a new election date?
End of december or january perhaps?

Get real! The election will not be cancelled! There is a line of succession to the Presidency. Nancy Pelosi could possibly became President!

Old 10-02-2020, 01:58 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,399,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
question
if trump were to die in mid-late october
and the rnc were to pick a new candidate
who could be pence or someone else
and the nov 3 election date was not enough time to prepare , so cancelled
how long could it take to a new election date?
End of december or january perhaps?
No new election date.

Candidates sometimes do die, elections are not re-scheduled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Get real! The election will not be cancelled! There is a line of succession to the Presidency. Nancy Pelosi could possibly became President!
Pence would be successor until January 20.

Then the winner with the largest votes of the running candidates would be sworn in.

Presumably Trump supporters would be happy to vote for Kanye West ... no? There is also a Libertarian candidate and a Green party candidate.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:59 PM

8,480 posts, read 3,295,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I see Mike Pence is now wearing a mask.
I think that demonstrates how much Trump's influence if not direct orders led or at least encouraged the mask avoidance among a substantial portion of the WH staff, his family, and the public. Now Pence donning a mask does not translate into defiance or muddling the message. Freed and maybe chastened, he masks.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:00 PM

1,768 posts, read 564,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Different rules for them and for us. Don't you know this by now?

Always has been, always will be. No morals. No commitment to anything but themselves. Selfish subhuman pigs.

In another thread you expressed delight at the thought of me killing myself.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:00 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
so what do you think he should have done? huh? Declared Marshall law?

Marshall Earp?

Old 10-02-2020, 02:03 PM

16,149 posts, read 10,293,441 times
I think I am on to Trump's plan. The debate is in 2 weeks right? Just as he is out of quarantine and that's no accident, this is set up beautifully. He is going to limp out on to that stage like Willis Reed and knock it out of the park like Kirk Gibson.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:04 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,248,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I agree. But your dear potus has parlayed distinctly years of disgusting words and deeds. I know he would be on a Twitter fest if Biden got it. He would see this as his opportunity to win off the hardship of another. That's the kind of leader in office.

He will get no sympathy vote here.

Clearly covid vaccine is not a mixture of rudeness....cuz Trump has plenty of that!!!
He mocked Biden on the rally circuit saying how his followers aren't worried about covid and show up without masks.
Yes Trump is choking on humble pie.
Who’s asking for a sympathy vote? I doubt Trump would be on Twitter hoping Biden would die or laughing that he got it. I could picture him questioning his health or ability to run the country and that’s fair game for Biden to do too. It’s also fair to do a “I told you so” to Trump or say he’s eating humble pie as you did. It’s another to say they hope he dies or glad he got it.

The people here laughing or hoping he dies is just wrong. I would love to see some of these people’s reactions if someone said the same to them or their family if they caught it.

I saw Biden wished him a speedy recovery. That’s a decent thing to do. Biden has more decency than many of his supporters here.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:05 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,399,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Mocking Biden for wearing a mask in the debate is fair game for Biden ads to use now. Pride before the fall...
That is correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies