Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 09:36 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I don’t wish death on anyone but the hypocrisy is astounding on this thread. Trump mocked and ridiculed Hillary for having pneumonia during the last campaign and you all whooped and cheered. Now you all are screaming for empathy.
Funny, can't hear a darn thing

Old 10-02-2020, 09:36 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Even though I don't think it's entirely fair, there is a stigma/shame associated with catching COVID. The President is now on that infamous list. It is a blow to the image he tries to portray. He didn't come out of the pandemic unscathed.

I wish him a full recovery, but he asked for it, and I'm surprised it took him this long to catch it. I feel bad for the people who try to follow all the precautions, and get unlucky and still catch it. It's hard to feel sorry for Trump catching it, but I do wish him a full recovery.
People will catch it no matter how careful they can be, I’m sure a lot of people caught the covid during the demonstrations and riots that has happened this past summer. No one, at least from the left seemed to concerned about that.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:37 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The event Trump had for The Supreme court nominee is becoming a super spreader event. Senator's Lee and Tillis, Trump, First lady, Kelly Ann Conway. Other's sure to follow. From pictures put out by Trump campaign all those sick so far sat in the first 3 rows on both side of the center isle have tested positive.
Hope Hicks was there too.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
People will catch it no matter how careful they can be ...
I said that very early this year, and I was accused of being an alarmist.

Yes, it is coming to a doorknob near you.

We need to stave it off as much as possible but eventually we will all be exposed, and it will float around society forever after. Hopefully before it gets to the president we will have a vaccine ... oh, wait ...

Old 10-02-2020, 09:47 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think he'll be okay. The media are making is sound really scary, like this is 911 or the day JFK was killed but Trump stood and talked, walked out to the helicopter, and he'll be in the hospital getting the best of care. Most people with his symptoms or worse just get sent home to take care of themselves. Most of those recover although it's scary on your own and there's no medical person there to help you if you take a turn for the worse.
It is scary.
Have people not seen the reports of people literally dying days after diagnosis?
I do understand that people want to downplay it and of course hope for the best, but everyone should be regarding it as seriously as his staff.

They made the decision to have him taken to the hospital while he could still walk.

“White House staff made the decision to fly President Trump to Walter Reed Hospital in Maryland on Friday to ensure that he would still be able to walk to the Marine One helicopter on his own, The Washington Post reports. Trump’s condition had reportedly begun to deteriorate following his positive coronavirus test Thursday.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald...-wapo?ref=home

Old 10-02-2020, 09:51 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Crazy how it took this long, you would think it would have happened some time over the summer, with all the people around Trump that got it then.
And convenient for him during this moment in time, for reasons that have been stated. I'm sorry, but as others suggest, something about this doesn't feel authentic.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
And convenient for him during this moment in time, for reasons that have been stated. I'm sorry, but as others suggest, something about this doesn't feel authentic.
Keep in mind, Trump and the WH lie about 90% of the time

Old 10-02-2020, 09:58 PM

Trump's Campaign Mgr has tested positive, not a big deal insofar as the campaign goes as this has historically been a temporary job of no more than a couple of weeks or so

Old 10-02-2020, 09:59 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I have read in three different news sources that Trump "may not be able to debate Biden on October 15th." What the ? MAY not? Biden should stay as far away from that Typhoid Mary as possible. Never mind the fact that Trump will still be infectious; Biden is high risk anyway. Assuming Biden didn't catch COVID-19 from the debate already.
It depends on how sick the President gets.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html

"Available data indicate that persons with mild to moderate COVID-19 remain infectious no longer than 10 days after symptom onset. Persons with more severe to critical illness or severe immunocompromise likely remain infectious no longer than 20 days after symptom onset. Recovered persons can continue to shed detectable SARS-CoV-2 RNA in upper respiratory specimens for up to 3 months after illness onset, albeit at concentrations considerably lower than during illness, in ranges where replication-competent virus has not been reliably recovered and infectiousness is unlikely. The etiology of this persistently detectable SARS-CoV-2 RNA has yet to be determined. Studies have not found evidence that clinically recovered persons with persistence of viral RNA have transmitted SARS-CoV-2 to others. These findings strengthen the justification for relying on a symptom based, rather than test-based strategy for ending isolation of these patients, so that persons who are by current evidence no longer infectious are not kept unnecessarily isolated and excluded from work or other responsibilities."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
They found the virus in old blood samples in the US from 2015 to 2019. It's had the ability to infect humans for at least five years.

Study shows that people who believe in bioweapon theories are people who are too lazy to take measures to prevent the spread of the disease. They are looking to blame it on someone else.

link
Your article says nothing about virus in old blood samples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Mask violate our civil rights.
No, they do not.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:02 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Trump's Campaign Mgr has tested positive, not a big deal insofar as the campaign goes as this has historically been a temporary job of no more than a couple of weeks or so
Is the last one still on involuntary psych hold?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies