Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 01:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
He's literally the President of the United States of America.

If this was Obama, I would expect the same.

I'm sorry you guys only care about the health of the President when he's of the same political party as you.
And the same should be offered to us. Remember Separate by equal is not legal. We are all equal and should have equal access.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:05 PM
bu2

24,092 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
While it's understandable to be EXTREMELY frustrated with Trump, given he let over 200k Americans die this year, mocked, trivialized and politicized this pandemic, but I've yet to see liberals wish for his death. I actually only see Trump's supporters making that claim. It's almost like Trump's supporters know he was wrong, and are trying to flip the script here.
Ostrich. Besides a number of posts on these threads, how about Hillary's former spokeswoman:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-b747934.html

"I hope he dies."

Old 10-03-2020, 01:08 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
It May Be Time to Invoke the Twenty-Fifth Amendment

This has now become a serious question

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ountry/616603/

They do not have a grip on this, please clarify the situation for the American people.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
This whole thing is becoming a spitshow. Trump knew before his Minneapolis rally and his New Jersey fundraiser and went anyway. What a reckless goof. Like don't get me wrong, I knew Trump was an idiot but this is ridiculous. He recklessly spread the virus even if he is not patient Origin. This is a President who quite frankly doesn't give a damn about anyone. Anyone who praises Trump is either a hardline conservative or a total dumbass at this point.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Glad someone noticed! Exactly.
I just found one but it had punctuation and nothing misspelled so he must have had someone else do it.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:21 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I'm not going to wish Trump dies. I'm not five anymore, I know wishes do nothing. But I can predict how things will go and I say there is a good chance he will die.
I don't think he's going to die. An ordinary person of the same age and same predisposing conditions would simply have been told to stay home and probably would live but would suffer more and COULD die. Trump has the world's best health care and he IS president so they sent him to the hospital just in case. There is always a chance the person will take a turn for the worse so they are just being on the safe side.

One of the people who was interviewed said the next (I think it was 72 hours?) would be very important or critical--can't remember exactly what they said and it was second hand to a reporter. And one other thing: it was also reported that (whoever was speaking for the WH) made them turn off the microphones and then he said something else. So it's all very vague and they only tell us what they want us to know. I think, in a case like this, that's fine.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Actually Trump was diagnosed on Friday morning.....so wrong.
Damn! That means trump knew he was positive when he went to the debate!

Old 10-03-2020, 01:23 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Wow. Trump looks bad there.

I think it's pretty clear they backdated the chain-of-infection 72 hours to Wednesday, realizing Trump had symptoms of covid-19 at that time. That's crucial for counting out to when patients who have breathlessness can crash with a rapid worsening of symptoms - 5 or so days out.

The formal diagnosis - based on the gold standard confirmation or the PCR test results - may not have been made until Thursday night when that test result came in.

The burning question remains was Trump tested with a rapid response antigen test either Wednesday night after getting back from Minnesota or on Thursday morning before leaving for New Jersey? Supposedly he is tested daily.

Sound like he WAS - Conley referred to the PCR test result as the SECOND. So was that first test result a false negative (that happens a lot) or a positive (that Trump ignored hoping it was a false positive)? Clearly a seeming sick Trump who had been exposed to Hicks now diagnosed with covid-19 should not have been on the helicopter.
Would it have mattered to Trump either way? Remember, this guy lives in a magical fantasy land where the Coronavirus is nothing but a hoax perpetrated by his enemies that will disappear when the weather gets warm.

Does anyone really believe that Trump would have cancelled any of these events, or changed any of his behaviors, had he known without doubt that he and his staff were spreading the virus? Like a spoiled child, he will do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.

This is what his followers admire about Trump, they view this as a strength, not a weakness or a clear and present danger to our nation. They are fully invested (or infested) and have long since lost any ability for critical thinking. Just read through some of the twisted pretzel logic that gets posted all over social media, not just here on C-D.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Damn! That means trump knew he was positive when he went to the debate!
That's why his band of grifters all showed up too late to be tested

Old 10-03-2020, 01:26 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Clean up begins

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status...51937757876224
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies