Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 02:41 PM

17,421 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Umbrellas were first (recently) used by pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong, but whatever...

I don't know if you're aware, but we are in the United States of America.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:42 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
There is so much denial in this thread - it's scary.

I wish all people would wake up.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:43 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
[/b]

It would be a violation of the Hippocratic Oath, not to mention normal and expected presidential ethics and just plain old American laws against knowing endangering the lives and/or well-being of others.

Decent people don't knowingly endanger the health and lives of others.
Still incredulous something like that could happen, I tracked down the source of the information in the Kaitlin Collins (CNN) tweet:
Quote:
Another physician at the news conference, Dr. Brian Garibaldi, said the president began an experimental antibody therapy "about 48 hours ago," which would be Thursday midday, around the time Trump flew to New Jersey for a fundraiser and before he shared his test results. https://www.wpr.org/trumps-doctor-sa...hours-critical
This is from the news conference itself. How this happened or was allowed to happen is inexplicable. It very much sounds like the inmates are running the asylum and that those aiding that process are willing to cross some serious boundaries.

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Imagine how envious future generations will be that we were able to see this Presidency, its like being around for Michael Jordan's career. Politics was so boring before Trump.
Speak for yourself.

Before Trump, even when presidents were not from the party I prefer, I kinda enjoyed having peace, patriotism, and trust that our government consisted mostly of good people who had our country's and our people's best well-being at heart.

Right now, I wish any functioning adult were president other than who we have.

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
That's your CNN world reality. Seek help for your TDS. You don't live in reality.

Trump shut off travel to China despite Democrats calling him a racist. He had daily briefings. He always took it very seriously. He called the extreme measures by psychotic Democratic governors a hoax. He did say it would eventually go away on its own and it will, just not as quick as all of us wish it would. He didn't push for Americans to wear masks because the science is very uncertain. He did not discourage masks and sometimes spoke in favor of them. It is only the Democrats who have politicized the health pandemic. Otherwise he would be calling for Cuomo to be arrested for mass murder. That is reality for the 70% of us not having our mind altered by TDS. I even think some Democratic politicians don't have TDS, but simply act like they do to gain political favor with the majority of Democrats who are ill with the TDS virus.
Please be serious for once. No one's buying Trump's propaganda. We know what he's said and done.

https://youtu.be/bkMwvmJLnc0

Old 10-03-2020, 02:44 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Those names were (accurately) used in the heated debacle that was the debate, when no one knew Trump probably already had Covid-19. Since that information became public, Biden has been the height of gentlemanly, concerned, and sincere.

One can have "sympathy" for Trump, and still understand that he is grossly unfit for the office he holds and should never have been president. I hope he recovers fully, but I also hope Biden is elected and that Trump will face justice after he leaves the White House (and I hope he leaves promptly and peacefully, on January 20, 2021).
The most unfit thing I've ever seen is Obama being the first black president and doing nothing for black people, while President Trump reformed the federal prison system with The First Step Act.....Promoted “opportunity zones” that incentivized private investment into marginalized communities.....Provided $250 million per year (after the Obama administration had removed $85 million) to the nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) with a 10-year commitment.....Signed an executive order on law enforcement reform that said "chokeholds will be banned except if an officer’s life is at risk" among other amendments to police conduct.....Nominated the first ever African-American for promotion to Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. Charles Q. Brown, Jr......Nominated the first ever African-American woman for promotion to General in the U.S. Marine Corps, Col. Lorna M. Mahlock.....All things that Obama should have done, especially in 2009-10 when he had huge majority in House and Senate....

Old 10-03-2020, 02:44 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
Quote:
I would never attach the adjectives "lovable" and "cute" to anything associated with Donald Trump, certainly not to the man himself. I do have a certain degree of compassion - not sympathy - for him, as I do for anyone facing the terrors of Covid-19, but he's not lovable, he's not cute - and he's not going to get my vote.

I have no sympathy for people that act irresponsible when they know better. Trump supported no mask wearing and no social distancing at his rallies and ceremonies. Incredibly irresponsible. No sympathy for smokers too.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:45 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself.

Before Trump, even when presidents were not from the party I prefer, I kinda enjoyed having peace, patriotism, and trust that our government consisted mostly of good people who had our country's and our people's best well-being at heart.

Right now, I wish any functioning adult were president other than who we have.
Trump is the first President since Carter not to have initiated wars.
I don't like the warmonger Presidents personally.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:46 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I don't know if you're aware, but we are in the United States of America.
So you don't care about those advocating for democracy rather than communism in other countries?

Old 10-03-2020, 02:47 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
I am not 100% convinced he tested positive. He is a master manipulator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies