Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2020, 09:28 AM

57,204 posts, read 26,166,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Currently his 02 absorption is at 96%. He is primarily on the positive side to recovery. He may well hire the band now to cheer on his super human powers to beat this virus. He really isn't in danger at this time.
As to the side effects from dosing him with high levels of drugs, could led to sepsis. Or other lifelong side effects- heart troubles/ circulation . Lung damage. Remember this is an experimental drug, so its long term effects are still being followed.

Who cares when he got it and how, The doctors and staff are following HIPPA regulations , so even they aren't at liberty to expound upon the patients' medical care. Even HE is covered under that private information.

Little discussion here on his wife though. Not that she is a popular First lady, she is one that is ill too. Any word on her status?
It’s important to know when he got it if he tested positive or felt ill and continued to be around people that were unaware that he was infected.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:34 AM

57,204 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
That wasn't how the rapid antigen tests were employed at the White House - except at times, of course, like the elderly vets who had to test then quarantine before meeting Trump.

Instead of being a tool to identify and contain infection their use by WH officials and staff became the rationalization to avoid public heath measures like wearing masks and social distancing. (The WH did add additional hand washing stations.)

Those attending the SCOTUS nomination event were tested. Gathered together in a room to wait for 15 minutes. After the results were negative, they were told it was safe to remove their masks. The vast majority made that choice.

The guests were then seated right up against each other for the outdoor ceremony. Some attended indoor meetings. Others socialized and hugged. True there is less risk outdoors. But if folks are literally breathing onto others inches away, there's not much opportunity for the virus to be dispersed by air currents.

Someone appeared to have been asymptomatic that day but received a negative test result. That or patient zero wasn't even tested.
That was really foolish to bless the attendees that rapidly, sports teams take a more Cautious approach than the White House.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:36 AM

5,248 posts, read 3,603,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I sense he was in a bit of a panic Friday - 103 fever and on O2. I think at that point, most people say throw what you have at me, even if it's not been proven affective.
Yes, I assume by that point he had drunk his bleach & used up his chloroquine protection regimen that he has been advising to sick Americans.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:

Little discussion here on his wife though. Not that she is a popular First lady, she is one that is ill too. Any word on her status?
I think technically they're stll married but if you get the opportunity, give it a shot

Old 10-04-2020, 09:38 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Donald Trump is so hated that FB, TikTok, and Twitter actually had to develop rules stating that posts wishing him dead from COVID were not allowed. When a person is that loathed by that many people, he/she should seek help.

https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-...is-not-allowed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Give me a break. Politicians, especially at the presidential level, automatically are loathed by die-hard members of the opposing political party. Had Hillary been elected and was in the same position as President Trump is today, you'd have far-right extremists wishing the same on her. Trump isn't the one who should seek help; the people who wish death on him should.
Seriously? How many people wanted Obama or Bush dead? Many people didn't like them but few wanted them dead. Trump is the most hated politician (if you could even call him that) in American history. Nixon is even compared favorably to Trump.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Currently his 02 absorption is at 96%. He is primarily on the positive side to recovery. He may well hire the band now to cheer on his super human powers to beat this virus. He really isn't in danger at this time.
As to the side effects from dosing him with high levels of drugs, could led to sepsis. Or other lifelong side effects- heart troubles/ circulation . Lung damage. Remember this is an experimental drug, so its long term effects are still being followed.

Who cares when he got it and how, The doctors and staff are following HIPPA regulations , so even they aren't at liberty to expound upon the patients' medical care. Even HE is covered under that private information.

The whole thing about mitigiating the spread of the virus is contact tracing so how and when he got it is critical,.

It's important.

It's also important because it seems he KNEW he had been exposed to a positive case (Hicks) -- and not in a casual way but quite extensively -- and he and his folks STILL went on with a 'public' event.

It is all important.

And if you don't think so....okay.

i think it is important that they were so careless with the President and the lives of other.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:49 AM

18,800 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But here shows the problem with our country. It isn't the virus but equal access to medicine. Trump got treatments that normal Americans and maybe even the rich may not be able to get. Many people especially when we got hospitals overrun and people were turned away unless they were at death's doorstep. Trump was let in without prejudice. We are treated as separate but equal economically. The treatments offered to Trump needs to be offered to us. Our Constitution mandates it. Think about it this way, you or your father get the virus and have the same exact issues as Trump.

Do you think they would be held to the same standard of care as Trump? Do you think they would be offered the Regeneron antibody treatment? Will there be enough Remdesivir for you or your father? Especially as we are head into a winter spike and stocks maybe reduced due to need.
I agree with all you say. My wife and I had the virus in March.

Remdesivir was just coming out when my wife was in the hospital with Covid 19 late March. I tried to get it to no avail.

Moving forward with the Pandemic the treatments have of course improved, and Remdesivir is widely available. Soon we should all hope for the same with the MAB treatments. A good friend with an asthma and cardiac history was hospitalized more recently with Covid 19 and denied Remdesivir as his O2 sats were improving.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:50 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,334,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But here shows the problem with our country. It isn't the virus but equal access to medicine. Trump got treatments that normal Americans and maybe even the rich may not be able to get. Many people especially when we got hospitals overrun and people were turned away unless they were at death's doorstep. Trump was let in without prejudice. We are treated as separate but equal economically. The treatments offered to Trump needs to be offered to us. Our Constitution mandates it. Think about it this way, you or your father get the virus and have the same exact issues as Trump.

Do you think they would be held to the same standard of care as Trump? Do you think they would be offered the Regeneron antibody treatment? Will there be enough Remdesivir for you or your father? Especially as we are head into a winter spike and stocks maybe reduced due to need.
By the end of the September, REGN-COV2 had been given to 275 patients during phase 1/2/3 trials. Results have been promising. I believe I read that the company hopes to supply 300,000 doses at some point for wider use. Trump received his dose, of course, by virtue of his position and the FDA waiver. That he's been friends with the President of Regeneron for years probably didn't hurt.

No one begrudges Trump receiving the best possible treatment. I would be highly surprised, however, if Trump does not downplay this. During a pandemic where many are suffering without access to cutting-edge care for a novel virus, that would be unconscionable. It appears to have already begun:

The White House released photos of Trump "working." Ivanka tweeted: "Nothing can stop him from working for the American people. RELENTLESS!" The document that Trump was signing appeared to be blank. Smoke and mirrors.
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-walte...-paper-1536238

Old 10-04-2020, 09:53 AM

1,107 posts, read 551,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
He and his minions have never sufficiently respected this virus. An easy recovery won't help. Back on the campaign trail, his usual bloviating self, I don't expect much honesty. I am REALLY hoping he comes out of this with a bit of humility. Given his nature, that is unlikely.
Right, but the left opposing his early flight restrictions from China and Nancy Pelosi encouraging people to continue dining in Chinatown (while accusing Trump of xenophobia for acting to protect Americans), and Cuomo forcing nursing homes to accept the return of thousands of residents with Covid (even though Trump supplied NY with ships that were equipped to care for these people) demonstrated their respect? And that was in the early days before we had much knowledge about it at all. Trump sided with caution. The left are the ones who minimized the threat. Restricting those flights from China undoubtedly saved countless lives, and forcing those nursing homes to take back Covid patients irrefutably cost thousands of lives.

The CDC recently released the following statistics:

CDC COVID-19 Survival Rates (updated 9/10/20)

Age 0-19 — 99.997%
Age 20-49 — 99.98%
Age 50-69 — 99.5%
Age 70+ — 94.6%

Given these percentages, I think it's reasonable to question or object to the extreme measures being taken to prevent people from getting Covid and, in the process, causing them to lose their homes, their businesses, their jobs, their life savings, and in the case of children (the lowest risk of all), effective education and social development.

Sometimes the cure really is worse than the disease.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:01 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,334,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The whole thing about mitigiating the spread of the virus is contact tracing so how and when he got it is critical,.

It's important.

It's also important because it seems he KNEW he had been exposed to a positive case (Hicks) -- and not in a casual way but quite extensively -- and he and his folks STILL went on with a 'public' event.

It is all important.

And if you don't think so....okay.

i think it is important that they were so careless with the President and the lives of other.
It's also important to keep the White House functioning. There have been no announcements that I'm aware of about The Plan. Employees have said they were told to work at home if at all possible. Masks have appeared. You would think there would now be widespread testing (and not with the rapid antigen testing) to identify those infected. Anyone exposed should be in quarantine - but with the small and crowded WH office space that could be a substantial number of people.

Nicolas Luna, a special assistant to the President, now is positive. He was on the trip to Minnesota. The White House did not comment on that report so it sounds like the announcement may have been made' independently.'

With the White House clearly trying to downplay this it's not at all clear how transparent they will be about infections among the "rank and file." How do you do business like that? Who would want to walk into the White House right now?

Trump will make this about himself, but it's a tad more complicated than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.